- 8 years of experience in the field of Software Testing with good exposure in Quality Assurance and Testing Process along with Automation Tools Expertise.
- Excellent working experience of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and testing methodologies like Waterfall & Agile/Scrum.
- Extensive experience in writing and implementation of complex test plans, design, development and execution of test scripts for system, integration, UAT and regression testing.
- Experience in manual testing and automated testing using different tools like QTP, Selenium (Web Driver) using Java and Rational Functional Tester in Java.
- Expert in developing Selenium Web Driver test scripts using Java and Test Frame works using TestNg / Junit, ANT/MAVEN build tools.
- Experience in defining test cases, developing and maintaining test cases, and documenting all phases of the QA process.
- Able to Document, maintain, and monitor software problem reports via QC ALM, Bugzilla and TFS.
- Involved in re - usable testing components development for automation projects.
- Hands on experience in TDD and ATDD approaches.
- Experience in SQL queries to perform Backend testing.
- Proficient in Manual testing using HP Quality Center 9.2.
- Developed an automated scripts and frame works using Python, Java and VB Script.
- Worked on source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN), TFS and Git.
- Proficient in using Quality Center, POS, JIRA, Clear Quest, Bugzilla.
- Having good experience in Investment, Banking, Securities and Insurance domain.
- Excellent skills of identifying defects and managing them during testing cycle using defect Tracking Tools.
- Ability to Setup Smoke test suite in Jenkins CI (Continuous Integration) with Maven build script.
- Experience in doing Performance testing using JMeter.
- Knowledge on manual and Automated Web Services testing using SoapUI and Postman.
- Expertise in setting up and carrying out browser compatibility testing environment with different browsers and versions of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google chrome on different operating systems like windows and MAC.
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, and Team Player Skill, Quick Learner and Self Starter.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Involved in Retrospective sessions to demonstrate the functionality developed during each sprint as process of Agile
- Proactive team player with positive attitude.
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver, QTP / UFT, Confidential RFT, SoapUI, Postman
Frameworks: Junit, TestNg, Page Object Model
Languages: Java, VB Script, Python, Ruby
Test Management Tools: Version One, QC, ALM, Visual Studio, TFS, Bugzilla, JIRA, JAMA
Web Services: REST end points, SOAP and Microservices
CI / CD: ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson
Database & Clients: Oracle 10g, 11g, MS SQL, Sybase, Toad, MS Management Studio
Platform: Windows XP / 7 / 8 / 10, Linux, Unix
Confidential, Dallas, TX
QA Automation Tester
- Implemented Page Objects, Hybrid automation frameworks using Selenium.
- Worked in Agile - Test Driven Development (TDD) model.
- Automated highly transactional web application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Execution of automated Test Scripts through Maven. Used Maven for building the WebDriver project.
- Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on regular basis automatically.
- Providing estimation for new test requirements and efforts.
- Analyzing the Defects during execution of Test Scripts.
- Developing & maintaining automation test scripts using TestNG & JUnit.
- Also, responsible for converting automation scripts to new framework using Selenium WebDriver, Java and TestNg.
- Performed Functional and UAT testing before the system went live.
- Involved in creating User Manuals and training users for the application built.
- Experience in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with Maven.
- Performed Regression Testing at various phases of development life cycle for impacted existing functionality.
- Involved in testing Web services (REST) and XML with tool called SOAP UI, HP Service Test for the local WSDL / with URL and created Test cases, run them, do load testing, security testing.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML ids and XPATH in Selenium.
- Used Protractor framework for Applications developed using Angular JS.
- Worked on Agile (SCRUM) Methodology and used JIRA for defect tracking.
- Actively participated in daily stand ups, sprint planning & Closure meetings
- Provided weekly reports on test status, defect progress and other testing metrics
Environment: Java, Gherkin, Cucumber, Selenium, Maven 3.1.1, Eclipse, Git, Mockito, JIRA, Appium, Protractor, SoapUI, Jenkins, TestNG, Junit, Agile(SCRUM).
Confidential, Green Bay, WI
QA Automation Tester
- Involved in creation of automated test cases for testing various web modules like supplier data, inventory tracker, exchange tracker, damage tracker.
- Identified test cases to automate the test cases using Selenium WebDriver, Junit and Java (Eclipse IDE) and Contributed in creation of framework.
- Designed, developed and implemented POM based automation testing framework utilizing Java, JUnit and Selenium WebDriver. Involved in Automation of the test cases using Selenium RC, Junit and Ant.
- Responsible for Back-end API testing with SOAP UI and coding in Groovy and Java.
- Created tests with Assertions like Schema Compliance, SOAP, XPath assertions using SOAP UI.
- Involved in testing Web services and XML with tool called SOAP UI. Used this tool to locate WSDL file on internet, create Test cases, run them, do load testing, security testing.
- Validated Web Service modules using Soap UI tool (Preparing Web Service request and added authentication information in Soap Header). Used SOAP UI tool to test web services for Order History, Shopping cart, Account Creation and Shipment Tracking web services
- Cucumber was used for entire Regression Testing and Functional Testing with primary tool as Selenium to test Scenarios, test Cases and Test conditions identified.
- Performed regression Testing on various O.S devices and their respective simulators.
- Actively participated in executing the test scripts on Android & IOS.
- Used JIRA for Identifying, logging, tracking and escalating bugs.
- Performed Smoke Testing in UAT and Production Environments for Deployment Verification
- Actively participated in Daily Scrum and Sprint Meetings as part of Agile Environment.
Environment: Java, Eclipse, Selenium, JIRA, SOAP UI, ANT, Junit, Cucumber, BDD, Agile, Mobile Testing.
Confidential, Chattanooga, TN
- Reviewed all the Requirement documents, Functional Specification and Use Case documents.
- Analyzed the use cases provided by analysts and wrote test cases.
- Developed test cases, test scenarios and test data according to specifications.
- Analyzed the functionality and designed test cases for both functional and regression testing and editing of automated script by inserting logical commands to handle complicated test scenarios.
- Used Test Director to store all testing results, metrics, implemented test plan document, created test cases, defect tracking and reporting.
- Performed Functional, Integration, Black-box, and System, Regression, and User Acceptance Tests.
- Automated Regression Test cases using Selenium Web Driver, Jenkins and Maven. Used Firebug and FirePath plug-ins to find the elements on the web page based on the element locator ID, Name, Tag, Class Name, XPath, Link Text, Partial link Text and CSS Locator.
- Enhance Test frameworks and develop automated tests using Selenium Web Driver to ensure consistency.
- Developed the features, scenarios, step definitions for TDD (Test Driven Development) using Selenium and Java.
- Involved in analyzing and feasibility check of a newly added functionality for automation. Design and implement Hybrid Driven Framework approach using Selenium Web Driver.
- Used python to develop Automation framework to Validate RESTful Web Services.
- Used SVN tool for Source code management and used Selenium Grid for parallel, Batch Test Execution.
- Developed test suite for all the Web service operations in the SOAP UI test tool.
- Used TFS for life cycle management such as user stories, bug management and team communication. Also, used Team Foundation server (TFS) source control to deploy application.
- Tested the application in highly dynamic environment with sprint team using Agile methodology.
Environment: Selenium, Java, Cucumber, Ruby, Gherkin, Soap UI, Restful, Python, Web driver, SVN, Agile.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Automation QA Engineer
- Worked with Business users to understand user's requirement for creating Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Participated in requirement and design reviews.
- Performed Integration Testing, System Testing and Regression Testing.
- Conducted load testing to ensure the billing systems performance is not impacted.
- Extensively used HP Quality center 9.2 for defect management.
- Used QTP 9.2 to record and run reported test cases for general purpose reporting
- Conducted Online Regression Testing involving various business processes including - Online customer, Verification, Online Finances Verification and Online Invoices Verification.
- Tested Enterprise SOAP and Restful Web Services using SOAP UI tool.
- Involved in testing Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers and packages utilizing PL/SQL.
- Verified ETL logs and reject/discard files for errors and reported them to development team.
- Involved in Backend Testing with SQL, checked Data Integrity and Referential Integrity.
- Worked with multiple teams on assigned projects.
- Performed manual testing to check the functionality.
- Used BugZilla tool for defect tracking.
- Successfully coordinated UAT (User Acceptance Testing) with business users.
- Attended Agile and Scrum meetings, which included Daily Scrums or Stand-ups, Sprint Check-In and Sprint Reviews.
Environment: Java, XML, SQL, PL/SQL, UFT, HP Quality Center 9.2, HP Quick Test Professional, ETL testing, Soap UI, Agile.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Involved in Analysis, Understanding the requirement specifications.
- Creation and Execution of manual test cases.
- Involved in debugging the stored procedures written for the business rules tester.
- Analyze testing results and defects, and provide recommendations to development team.
- Reported the bugs/defects through Quality Center.
- Worked in Agile Scrum Development Environment with frequently changing requirements and features set.
- Performed Regression tests on the application to assure proper functionality of the site after new builds.
- Reviewed Database Test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from oracle database.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
- Participated in daily, weekly meetings and technical reviews. Prepared reports showing the testing efforts.
- Performed Back end testing using SQL queries to make sure that data entered has been uploaded correctly into the database tables.
- Verified SQL queries against backend database to ensure test codes retrieve the right data on testing.
Environment: QTP 9.2, Quality Center 9.0, manual testing, Oracle 10g, SQL, Agile.
- Involved in creation of Test report.
- Reviewed Business requirements, IT Design documents and prepared Test Plans for all assigned project releases.
- Involved on testing the new functionalities based on test cases and coordinated with development team in fixing the issues.
- Ensure that all the test cases are updated in the Test Director along with Master test plan.
- After successful release of projects, developed automation scripts using RFT (Rational Functional Tester) in Java
- Used Rational Clear Quest to develop automation testing scripts for web and client server applications.
- Tested critical bug fixes and coordinated with developers in release of bug fixes meeting tight timeline.
- Involved in Release support - Release to QA, involved in environment setup, testing the release process.
- Involved in Automating Backend Database testing in Oracle using SQL.
- Analyzed performance of Web-server, Application-sever and Database-server in virtual users load.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed using Clear Quest.
Environment: Rational Functional Tester, Clear Quest, Java, Oracle, SQL server, manual testing, Linux, Win SCP, Putty