- 6+ years of experience in the field of IT with focus on QA and testing of web based and Client - Server applications, effective use of QA and Testing practice. Strong knowledge of all phases of SDLC and Strong working knowledge of Software testing (Functional, Integration, Performance, Quality Metrics).
- Experienced in defining Testing Methodologies, Designing Test Plans and Test Cases, Verifyingand Validating Web based e-Commerce applications and Documentation based on standards for Software Development and effective QA implementation in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Expertise in working with Manual and Automated testing tools: SOAP Scope, SOAP UI, IBM RIT (GreenHat (GH) Tester), Clear Quest and Quality Center HP ALM11, CALT.
- Hands-on White Box Testing experience in Java.
- Expertise in Manual/Functional Testing, Automation Testing.
- Has good Working knowledge of Automation tools and Expertise in QTP,WinRunner and LoadRunner.
- Proven ability in designing and creating automation frameworks for J2EE based applications using Java, JUnit/ TestNG, Selenium WebDriver/IDE/Grid, ANT/Maven and Jenkins.
- Proficient in all cycles of test life cycle from test planning to defect tracking and managing defect lifecycle.
- Extensive experience in coordinating testing effort, responsible for test deliverables, statusreporting to management, issue escalations.
- Good experience in preparation of test bed, Installation testing, Replication of problems &Generation of bug report.
- Has good Domain Knowledge of Technology, Sales, Health Care and Media industry,Banking,oil and gas.
- Professional experience in designing Test Cases and Test Scripts for Windows, Java and UNIX environments.
- Defect Reporting and Tracking using Automation Tools like Bugzilla 3.2,LTrack 3.0(Company Own Defect Tracking Tool)and QC 9.2
- Experience in preparation of automated test scripts to perform Regressiontesting usingQTP 10.0
- Has working knowledge with STLC.
- Developing and Maintaining Test Scripts, analyzing bugs and interacting with development team members in fixing the defects.
- Experience in executing SQL queries in order to view successful transactions of data and for validating data.
Functional Testing Tool: QTP8.2, WinRunner7.5, VSS.
Performance Testing Tool: Load Runner8.0.
Defect Tracking Tools: Quality Center, Clear Quest, Product Studio and BugZilla.
Operating System: Windows XP/2000/ME, UNIX
RDBMS/ Database: Oracle 9i/10g, TOAD, SQL
Tools: HP Quality Center, HP QuickTest Professional, HP SiteScope, HP Unified Functional Testing, HP LoadRunner, Selenium Suite, Agile; soapUI, SilkTest, Introscope, dynaTrace, Gomez Platform, Java, C#, VBScript, SQL, .Net, XML, Windows, Linux, Unix,
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Reviewed Business requirements, IT Design documents and prepared Test Plans for all assigned project releases.
- Involved on testing the new functionalities based on test cases and coordinated with development team in fixing the issues.
- After successful release of projects, developed automation scripts using QTP and integrated the script with master script.
- Ensure that all the test cases are updated in the Quality Center along with Master test plan.
- Involved as part of automation team using QTP, developed test scripts.
- Tested critical bug fixes including critical fixes and coordinated with developers in release of bug fixes meeting tight timeline.
- Involved in Release support - Release to QA, involved in environment setup, testing the releaseprocess.
- Created test cases, test plans, tested API’s, wrote JUnit test cases, executed code coverage and wrote automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed parameterization of the automated test scripts in Selenium WebDriver to check how the application performs against multiple sets of data.
- Prepared Test cases, procedures, Bug Tracking, Logging and reporting bugs using Quality center
- Involved in Performance testing QA using Load runner 8.0.
- Involved in Backend Database testing in Oracle using SQL.
- Used ANT/TestNG to build and run the Selenium WebDriver automation framework. Once the script got over, framework used to send the automation reports over email.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared using Quality Center.
- Created and executed automated software test plans, cases and scripts to uncover, identify and document software problems and their causes.
- Attended the Business Requirement Document (BRD) reviewmeetings conducted by BA team to better understand the application functionalityand to gather Functional Requirement Document (FRD) to create the Test Planand Test Scenarios.
- Involved in formal and informalPeer Review meetingsto discuss the ProjectTest Plan documentation.
- Used Selenium WebDriver used to test search results of Meta search engine.
- Interacted and worked with the development team to analyze the defects and reported them in Quality Center and tracked them for closure.
- Involved in Internal and External Test Plan review meetings where Peer members,QA Lead, BA, Client User and Development team are the attendees.
- Conductedbaseline,Sanity,Functional,Integration,Adhoc,RegressionandUATtesting against the existing and new product.
- Extensively involved in weekly/dailyDefect ReviewandTest Execution Status Meetings to discuss/explain the defects with development team
- Verified the De-Normalization functionality of data into different tables by loading an XML file.
- Involved in the preparation of Release Notes based on the fixed/non fixed defects.
- Involved both Front end and Back end (Database) testing during the tenure.
- Extensively usedTeam Track Defect Management Tool to log all the defects andreporting purpose.
- All the Test Cases were created and executed in Test Planand Test Lab modulesof HP Quality Centerrespectively.
- Recorded and played back QTPscripts for manual test cases against FGV frontend screens by inserting different types of check points.
- Gathered and Prepared test data to execute the test cases.
- Executed SQL scripts inUNIX to insert Shipments, Carrier/Container StatusMessages in FGV Database.
- Executed joinSQL statements to validate the inserted/updated data in FGVDatabase.
- Verified theupdate functionality when system received an update of ashipment/Custom Entry/Purchase Order.
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix to verify the test coverage.
- Worked on JMS Queues to drop shipments, Milestones into FGV Database tovalidate the new functionalities of the project.
- Attended weekly QA staff meeting to get explored with Management updates,discusses improving test methodologies and Brain Teasers.
- Tested Cognos reports functionality extensively.
- Logged in to UNIX servers to access the log files to attach the error informationin the defect for the developers to better understand the defect
- Created company’s first comprehensive database of documented test defects and procedures to enable accurate replication and ensure compliance with standards. Accelerated average QA testing turn-around time by 25% or more, allowing company to accept more testing projects without increasing staff.
- Designed and implemented automated testing tools and programs addressing areas including database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error/bug retests and usability.
- Developed automation test scripts using Selenium Web Driver and Java. Also work with the technology ATDD for creating testcases and for testing of the requirmnets.
- Documented software defects using bug tracking system and reported defects involving program functionality, output, online screen and content to software developers.
- Delivered thorough QA testing reports that determined product quality and release readiness.
- Design and develop front end and Back end test scenarios and Test cases.
- Assisted business users in defining UAT test cases and plans; Maintained test cases and test data
- Performed production deployment and the Business verification testing.
- Participated in QA team and Bug tracking or Defect Review meetings.
- Analyzed the Business Requirement Document (BRD)and FunctionalSpecification documents (FSD) to prepare Test Cases based on the Test Plan andUse Cases
- and attendedReviews meetingsto better understand the applications
- Participated inWalkthroughswith Team lead, System Analyst, HCD Designer,Project Coordinator and the Development team to discusses the outstandingdefects and scope change requests.
- Analyzed test data and ConductedDatabaseorData driven testing
- under certain business rules for data population in DB
- Attendedtriage meetingsto understand and consider the scope changes for therelease during the test execution phase
- Written and executed test cases inHP Quality Centerfor the release
- Performed Smoke, Functional, GUI/design, Block Box, End to End,Navigational
- andRegressiontests during the execution phase
- Extensive test data analysis betweenAPI Web toolVs PCA
- DB to determine the PCA database aggregation for Make, Model, SKU and device first use date are correct.
- Sole performance of API testingwith different sub-systems as a part of Back-endtest
- Tested the application usingAgilemethodology.
- Involvement in executing CARE and TLG test data in OPUS Rep UI to verify the account created date, features on the account, upgrade eligibility check, accountstatus, Contract information, Rate Plan details and etc.
- Uploaded and executed theFunctional Test casesinto HP Quality Center.
- Extensive involvement in performing Data Driven test using parameterization technology.
- Involved in writing the Projecttest plansfor this test effort by using the Confidential &Ttemplate and attempted in collecting the team meeting minutes.
- As a senior team member, Participated in creating the LOEs’ for this test effort
- Used Rational Clear QuestBug Reporting toolto log the defects and reporting purposes for developers to fix the defects
- Dealt with System Analyst and the HCD (Human Centered Department) designer to discuss the system and jumppage/wire frames changes
- Written and executedSQL queriesto access the PCA database as a part of datadriven test.
- PerformedJunitframework testing and createdTraceability matrices
- Suggested/Created application scope Changes in this release
- Application levelRegression,End to EndandSystemtests were conductedafter some windows patches were implementation
- Worked very closely with the Development team to analyze the application Confidential the backend level and to describe the defects.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Created test cases by going through the use cases and test plan.
- Performed unit testing by executing the test cases manually.
- Logged defects in Test Tracker Pro.
- Tested the defects after development team fixed them.
- Provided the test result report to lead.