- 6 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance.
- Experienced in all phases of the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Extensively experienced in creating and designing Master Test Strategy Documents, Master Test Plans, Test schedules, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Scenarios.
- Proficient in setting up Test environments for automation, manual and UAT testing.
- Expertise in writing Test Scenarios, Functional and Integration test cases, Reviewing test cases and Test Estimation.
- Proficiency in quick understanding of Business Requirements and generation of Requirement Traceability Matrices.
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and QA Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, SCRUM and Incremental model.
- Expertise in Quality Assurance including full life cycle testing experience such as Smoke, Functional, Regression, User Acceptance, Integration and Database testing for various applications on platforms like web, windows, Mobile, Mainframe.
- Well experienced in managing defect life cycle using HP ALM/ Quality Center.
- Proficient in overall Defect Management/Problem solving including tracking bugs and reporting using ALM/Quality Center and JIRA.
- Expert in writing both SQL and PL/SQL queries for Back - end testing.
- Expert in manual testing with HP ALM/Quality center and JIRA using ZEPHYR as well as Automation testing with HP Quick Test Pro (QTP)/Unified Functional Testing (UFT) and Selenium.
- Well familiar with the Data Migration Tools such as GIT and VSS.
- Strong VBScript skills, Expert in writing automation test scripts inside or outside UFT environment using VBScript.
- Experienced in remote execution of the automated test scripts.
- Expert in managing the Virtual Machine performance and test execution scheduling.
- Experienced in using Checkpoints, Regular Expression, Recovery Scenario, Object Repository, Descriptive Programming, Keyword Driven Frameworks, and Data Driven Frameworks in QTP to perform functional and regression testing.
- Experienced with the version deployments on QA, UAT, STG and PROD.
- Experienced in developing Master Driver Scripts for Hybrid Frameworks using VBScript.
- Familiarity in creating Architecture design and Automation Framework (Hybrid Framework) for automation suite, which involves Test Data, Reusable Function library and Core classes using UFT.
- Highly dedicated to produce professional work with highest quality and creativity.
- Good Communication skills, Documentation Skills, Team problem solving ability and analytical skills in high speed, quality conscious, multitasked environment.
- Strong ability to learn any new tool and coding practices.
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center/ALM, HP Quick Test Pro/UFT, JIRA, Zephyr, Selenium, HP WinRunner, SOAP UI.
Data Base: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, DB2
Operating System: Windows, Unix/Linux
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
QA Automation Engineer
- Designed and developed the Automation Test Framework from scratch using the UFT automation tool.
- Created a Feasibility Analysis document for the test automation.
- Executed test cases and procedures on different application build versions during release and deployments.
- Automated the entire smoke suite and execute the suite after each deploy on all the testing environments via ALM connecting to the UFT tool.
- Scheduled the remote execution of the smoke test suite using the Virtual Machine.
- Monitored Virtual Machine Performance on an almost daily basis and made sure its license was renewed after every 90 days.
- Followed the HIPPA Pharmacy compliance guidelines and made sure that all the data was encrypted as far as the passwords were concerned.
- Automated the regression suite and executed it when needed.
- Experienced the transition process of SCRUM environment to KANBAN.
- Attended all the SCRUM agile meetings as well as KANBAN.
- Used GIT for the test data merging tool.
- Conducted meeting after every 2 weeks to demo the automation test cases.
- Wrote multi-version test cases and created the automation test scripts for them.
- Helped the QA team with manual testing using ALM.
- Helped another team in a different project with testing using JIRA tool with the ZEPHYR tool.
Environment: UFT, ALM, JIRA, ZEPHYR, VB Script, SQL, PL/SQL, Java Swing, HTML, XML, Windows, MS Office.
Confidential, Blue Ash, OH
- Designed Test cases using QA techniques in coordination with the Technical team, QA Leads and Business users.
- Reviewed design documents and requirements to identify potential gaps and ensured the requirements were complete, and comprehensive.
- Identified Testable vs. Non-Testable, Compliance and Regulatory requirements to determine testing scope.
- Performed Manual Testing and Automated Testing of applications developed on various Environments using tools such as QC ALM, JIRA and UFT.
- Created SQL queries for database testing and to analyze how back-end component interacted with front-end and business logic components of the product
- Created Developed scripts using VBScript and Descriptive Programming in UFT for smoke and regression testing activities of the front-end component of the web based application.
- Wrote scripts in UFT to ensure applications were as close to perfect before being deployed to production.
- Wrote and maintained Test Plans, Test Scenarios in UFT based on specifications and requirements for technically complex software projects.
- Analyzed and reported automation test results in UFT to integrate with application.
- Evaluated and tested software programs in UFT to verify applications function according to user requirements.
- Coordinated activities with overall development team, monitored and reported on problem resolution.
- Reported, tracked and communicated status and issues based on department-based reporting
- Engaged in design sessions, challenged existing solutions and inspired ideas for future enhancements.
Environment: UFT, ALM, JIRA, ZEPHYR, VB Script, SQL, PL/SQL, Java Swing, HTML, XML, Windows, MS Office.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
- Developed Test Procedures and Test Cases using Software specifications document.
- Executed test cases and procedures on different application build versions.
- Worked with GUI checkpoints, Database checkpoints while designing functional tests on web applications.
- Responsible for defect management including, defect logging, defect tracking, defect triaging and defect closure.
- Used checkpoints to verify the attributes of the application across several builds and versions; also used database and text, checkpoints while testing application.
- Created and executed various scenarios, generated graphs, overlaid graphs for comparison, analyzed the results and found performance bottlenecks.
- Wrote Test Plans, Test Scenarios, and Test Scripts as per functional, and Business requirements using ALM.
- Performed the Automation testing for Functionality and GUI testing using ALM.
- Tracked defects, reviewed defect status and analyzed closed defects using ALM.
- Managed the testing process using ALM to manage the requirements and test cases and had a clear traceability between them.
- Used ALM for defect reporting and tracking and prioritized defects and enhancement requests after base lining the requirements.
- Worked with SQL to query the database to test the back end process of the application.
- Used SQL queries to verify the integrity of the database.
- Used UFT to test the functionality of the application for executing test cases and performing automated testing.
- Used UFT for functional and regression testing of the application to make sure transactions and business processes work as intended and Developed VB scripts
- Created and maintained Shared Object Repositories to enable UFT to identify the various objects in the application.
- Participated in the Bug review meetings and Bug Triage meetings.
- Collaborated with developers regarding priority of bugs and update the status of bugs once they are fixed.
- Created batch scripts to execute the various test scripts unattended, thus saving time by performing tests overnight and at off-peak hours.
- Developed Data-Driven and Keyword Driven Test Automation Frameworks.
Environment: ALM, UFT, VB Script, SQL, PL/SQL, ASP.NET, C#.NET, AJAX, JQuery, HTML, XML, Windows, MS Office.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Involved in creating Test Plans, Test cases for new Implementation based on the business requirements.
- Involved in preparation & execution of Test plan, Test Conditions and Test Cases manually.
- Prepared Test data for interpreting the positive/negative results; Involved in preparation of Test Data used to test the Key Functionalities in Latest Builds.
- Determined the Entry and Exit Criteria for different phases in testing cycle of the system.
- Created traceability matrices between requirements and test case for each round of testing using Quality Center.
- Analyzed the Requirement Specifications and developed Test Cases using Quality Center; Conducted review of executed Test Scripts to ensure Quality Standards.
- Checked the data flow through front-end and backend and used SQL queries to extract the data from the database.
- Performed Database Validation to check the updated data in the Database using Toad.
- Verified the Database connection between Oracle and Small World data store.
- Wrote structure code using VB Script in QTP to enhance the power of automated scripts to handle logical test cases.
- Enhanced QTP Scripts for every build to support new and existing functionality for the application for end to end and regression testing.
- Used QTP to perform data driven testing and to parameterize data.
- Developed a Hybrid Automation Framework and User Defined Functions Library with reusable VBScript functions using QTP.
- Tested the application on different browsers as a part of Workstation compatibility testing to maintain cross-browser functionality.
- Maintained continuous knowledge of project schedules and their impact to Quality Assurance and the company, as a whole.
- Interacted closely with developers, production support team to coordinate defect resolution.
- Generated Weekly Reports, Defect Reports and Customized Summary Reports.
- Participated in various meetings and discussed Enhancements and Modification Request issues.
Environment: QTP, HP Quality Center, Java, Oracle, JIRA, DB2, Web Logic, Web sphere, Windows, UNIX.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
- Wrote Test Cases and executed tests for applications developed in Visual Basic.
- Tested the application for Functionality and documented all pass-fail report, created modification requests, assigned modification requests to respective developers, and verified bug fixes.
- Worked with development teams to invest and correct software bugs and deficiencies based on testing results and involved in defect tracking and resolving production logs.
- Performed Positive and Negative data testing and Boundary testing.
- Worked as Quality Assurance Tester in the project that followed the AGILE SCRUM model.
- Documented the modification requests and defects and their trailing history using Quality Center.
- Developed and maintained detailed test cases with expected results; and generated the RTM using Quality Center.
- Conducted Regression testing on various builds of the application and reported the defects to the developers using Quality Center.
- Created SQL queries for validating the data in database.
- Automated test scripts for the GUI, Functional, Data Driven and Regression testing using Quick Test Pro.
- Enhanced automation scripts to maximize test coverage and improve test efficiency in Data Driven Testing using QTP.
- Performed regression testing for every modification in the application and the new builds using QTP.
- Responsible for creating and filing bugs.
- Involved in performing end-to-end system testing.
- Identified the high-risk points and the priorities of the application.
- Wrote modification requests for the bugs in the application and helped developers to track and resolve the problems.
Environment: QTP, Quality Center, Java, XML, HTML, Oracle, SQL, UNIX, Agile Methodology, MS Office, Windows.