- Expertise in reviewing/analysing Software Requirements Specification documents SRS, Business Requirement Documents BRD, creating and developing Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts and interacting with development Team
- Hands on experience in Quality Assurance including Functional, Manual, Database System, Smoke, Regression, integration, User Acceptance Test (UAT) and Compatibility Testing of Web and Client server based Applications
- Experience in performing multiple SOA architecture Web services (SOAP and REST) validation using SOAP UI, Apache JMeter
- Experienced in SQA (Software Quality Assurance) including Manual and Automated testing with tools such as Selenium RC/WebDriver/IDE/Grid, Appium, HP Quick Test Professional, HP ALM and Junit/TestNG
- Sound knowledge on Junit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven for Project building tool, Jenkins for Continuous Integration
- Developed and implemented test scripts in BDD with Cucumber, Gherkin
- Strong knowledge of Core JAVA programming and Object Oriented programming
- Experience with bug tracking tools like Jira, Rally, Quality Centre and familiar with Clear Quest, Bugzilla
- Test Extract, Transform and Load ( ETL) Testing process, Data warehouse testing with writing various SQL syntax / queries.
- Assisted Load and SQL Plus for testing execution of ETL Processes PL/SQL store procedures, packages for business rules.
- Developed XML test data and implemented Functional and Data Driven tests using SOAPUI
- Performed Testing of database applications developed with Oracle and SQL Server
- Expertise in writing SQL Queries and performing Database testing including data integrity and data validation testing.
- Worked closely with Business Analyst for Requirements Study and developed SQL Scripts for end - end process validation. Experience in both Agile and Waterfall Software Development Models
- Worked collaboratively and cross-functionally as part of a team as well as an independently
- Experienced in Test coordination between Onsite and Offshore team. Ability to interact with end users, also quick learner and team player with good communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot and strong oral and written communication skills
Testing Tools: Selenium Webdriver/IDE/GRID, QTP, Appium, SoapUI, XPath, Firebug
Frameworks: Junit, TestNG, TDD, BDD, JBehave, Cucumber.
SOA Technologies: SOAP, REST, WSDL, UDDI, Web Services, SOAP UI, Postman.
Bug Tracking: JIRA, RALLY, Bugzilla, HP Quality Centre.
Build/ CI Tools: Jenkins, Ant, Maven.
Databases: My SQL Server 2000/2005, My SQL, Oracle 9i/10g, Oracle PL/SQL.
Confidential, Lafayette, Indiana
Quality Assurance EngineerResponsibilities:
- Developed Test cases and Test Scripts using FRS (Functional Requirement Document). Test scenarios are created for Positive, Negative, Boundary cases, etc. Performed all types of testing on workflows and server software
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG framework, Maven Tool and created selenium automation scripts in JAVA
- Conducted Cross Browser Testing on different versions of IE and Firefox
- Develop Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and prepare test data using equivalence class partition and the boundary value analysis and execute using SQL queries and joins
- Worked on creating test case for Object -driven framework for Selenium WebDriver
- Involved in automating test cases using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG
- Conducted Regression testing, smoke testing, cross browser testing through automated testing tools like Selenium web driver using Java and with cucumber using selenium along with manual testing
- Involved in testing Web services and XML with tool called SOAP UI and using this tool to locate WSDL file on internet, create Test cases and run them
- Used TestNG Annotations in Selenium Web Driver in Python and executed a batch of tests as testing suite
- Used bug tracking tool FirePath and Firebug to do web based testing with selenium for the commands and locator tracking
- Involved in UAT testing and performed End to End (E2E) workflow/business scenarios.
- Investigating the failed cases that were run from the regression Jenkins job and fixing the issues related to test data. Used Git as version control tool
- Wrote Automation code for Mobile Smoke testing in Java using Appium
- Integrated Appium with Continuous Integration tool- Jenkins.
- Contributed to the Continuous Integration pipeline running component builds, creating, running Deployment jobs on individual stages on Jenkins, and running automated and manual functional tests
- Conducted End-to-End, Manual Testing of the system and prepared and managed test cases using Jira. Involved in conditioning, planning and estimation of JIRA tasks
- Worked on Agile methodology with sprint of 2 weeks. Ensured timely delivery of sprint goals
- Participated in all the QA, Business Meetings and presented technical issues as occurred
Environment: Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2008, XML, JIRA, SOAP UI, JIRA, Selenium Web Driver, Java, Maven, Git, Cucumber, Apache JMeter, Appium.
Confidential, Houston, Texas
- Analysed System and Functional Requirements to create Test Scenarios and Test Cases
- Developed Manual Tests by analysing product use cases, and requirements as well as technical design and implementation artifacts to create test cases that execute the specific product functions
- Participated in developing the automation framework using BDD cucumber, Gherkin, Java with Maven and Selenium 2.50 with Object Model and using Continuous Integration CI Jenkins to ensure the web application is automatically tested via scripts
- Ensured that all the test cases are 80% automated using Selenium
- Conducted and involved in all Walkthroughs and Review Meetings throughout the Testing Phase.
- Responsible for Regression, User Acceptance, Functional, Integration & System Testing including documentation
- Tagged BDD Annotations (Given, When, Then) to Selenium Automation, used java script and regular expressions and executed the Test cases.
- Launch Appium programmatically on Windows
- Involved in data creation for UAT team, Worked Closely with UAT Teams and cross-checked the functionality
- Hands on Experience in understanding and validation of XML, JSON, WSDL’s for testing web services
- Proficient in testing both REST and SOAP Web services in SoapUI and Postman services
- Performed Data Base testing to make sure that all the data is properly inserted into respective tables while performing insertions, updating etc. from the UI of the application
- Manually performed Back-End testing by writing SQL queries using SQL Joins. Also, used SQL statements to extract data from the tables to validate test results
- Analyse and understand the Application Functionality, business requirements and functional documents
- Worked on UI Automation, Manual testing, writing and filing bug reports, and defect tracking
- Develop complex SQL queries to create backend test scripts.
- Revised all requirements' use cases, wireframes, BRD (Business Requirement Document) to involve in writing test strategy and test cases
- Interacted with business client management to solicit requirements and drive issue resolution.
- Documented test cases in excel sheet document, Exported Manual Test Cases from MS Excel to Mercury Test Director and executed Test Cases in Test Director with Pass/Fail
- Involved in Requirement traceability matrix preparation.
- Responsible for GUI & Functional testing , user experience using black box testing techniques.
- Used HP Quality Center for executing test cases, defect logging, tracking and bug resolution
- Wrote manual test scenarios and test cases based on user requirement specifications, change requests and functional specification documents
- Participated in the daily Scrum call, weekly Retrospective calls following the complete Agile methodology.
- Participated in regular QA meetings to discuss the issues and improve the testing process.
Environment: JAVA, Maven, Selenium, Cucumber, Ruby, Rally, Quality Centre, Oracle SQL Developer, Appium, MS office, MS word, Soap UI, Postman, SVN
- Analysed the requirements closely with the development team and participated in the sprint planning for grooming the stories.
- Involved in analysing system specifications, design, development and execution of test plans and test cases for Manual and Automated testing.
- Involved in analysing the requirements, providing estimates and preparation of the Test Plans, Requirement Traceability Matrices, Test Cases and Test Results.
- Involved in testing all the REST- Web Services Manually using postman/Advance Rest client tool and automated the services using JAVA JUNIT for unit testing, Executing Test Cases, defect logging, defect tracking and defect verification.
- Used Selenium with Page Object Model, JAVA Maven setup and TestNG as a Framework to automate the test cases.
- Added all the necessary dependent jar files using the pom.xml in the Maven setup
- Performed Continuous Integration of code and scripts used Jenkins and triggered the Continuous Delivery process using Jenkins build jobs.
- Performed back end testing by writing and executing SQL queries to validate that data is being populated in appropriate tables and manually verify the correctness of the data with front-end values.
- Wrote complex SQL Queries to validate the integrity of the database and tested database tables data.
- Used Appium tool to write test scripts on both iOS and Android platforms for native and mobile websites on mobile devices.
- Used JIRA as the tracking tool for storing the test plan, uploading the test cases and storing the defects.
- For continuous integration of the code we used Bitbucket with Source Tree as the repository Tool.
- Conducted intermediate reviews with the product owner for every iteration, demonstrate the stories developed and get the stories accepted by the product owner.
- Participated in the retrospective meeting and let the team know what went well and what can the team better do for delivery of stories on time.
- Having experience to manage the team as both offshore coordinator and onsite coordinator.
Environment: JAVA, Maven, Bitbucket, MySQL, REST Client, Postman, JIRA, Selenium Web driver, Page Object Model, MS Office - MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat.
- Reviewed Business requirements, IT Design documents and prepared Test Plans for all assigned project releases.
- Documented Test Plans and Test Cases using Quality Centre.
- Involved on testing the new functionalities based on test cases and coordinated with development team in fixing the issues.
- Created Test Data for QA and UAT
- Interacted with Business Analysts to determine functional specifications
- Involved in the preparation of Test Cases and Test Scenarios based on the requirements
- Involved in Designing and writing of Test Plans
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio as a manual Testers using Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Analysed test specifications and converted them into Manual Test Cases
- Involved managing the defect using Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) also Used as defect tracking and reporting tool
- Created Test Cases in Microsoft Test Manager (MTM). Scheduling automation test run, log and track defects using Jira
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases
- Developed and executed new Test Cases and executed existed Test Scripts
- Involved in Smoke, Functional, Integration, UAT Testing , etc.
- Documented and reported bugs found during the testing process
- Involved in the weekly Staff Meeting call and chairing Daily Status report call
- Prepared Daily and Weekly Status report. Performed UI and Back end testing
- Performed Regression testing for every day builds and tested the consistency and impact on other builds
- Communicating with Developers when issues related to defects
Environment: Java, HTML, Oracle, Win Xp, Windows 2000, Quick Test Professional , Jira.