- Over 7+ years of professional experience in Software Testing as Quality Analyst/Mobile Application tester. Has experience in Manual & Automated Software Testing using Selenium, QTP, Soap UI and Quality Center.
- Expertise in reviewing/analyzing Software Requirements Specification documents SRS, Business Requirement Documents BRD, creating and developing Test Plans, Test cases and test Scripts and interacting with development Team.
- Extended expertise in QA and Automated Software Testing using QTP, Soap UI, HP/ALM/Quality Center and Selenium.
- Experience in both Agile and Waterfall Software Development Models.
- Involved in all the phases of Software development life cycle (SDLC) using Agile Scrum framework.
- Extensive experience in Manual Functional Testing & software testing of Client/Server & Web based Applications.
- Automates tasks using Perl, Python and PHP programming languages.
- Extensive experience working in Agile Methodology, SDLC, stand - up meetings with Product owner, Scrum master, Understanding and writing user stories along with Business Analysts.
- Experience in Functional automation tool QTP/UFT and Load & Performance testing tool LoadRunner, JMeter.
- Experience in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Bug life Cycle.
- Hands on experience in Test automation using different Automation tools/techniques. Done Unit testing by using Selenium Web Driver/IDE/GRID, TestNG, Maven, Fire Path, Running scripts, Debugging scripts in different environments, Extracting Test results, Cross browser testing and data validation.
- Experience in test automation by using open source tools such as Selenium, Junit, JMeter, Appium.
- Proficient in writing unit testing code using PyTest and integrating the test code with the build process.
- Knowledge of Automation Tool like Protractor.
- Performed software development process using TDD (Test-driven development).
- Experienced with SOA, Web Services, Soap UI, RESTful, WSDL technologies.
- Experience with Mobile App and Hybrid App testing in both IOS and Android in testing native apps on iPhone, Android and iPod devices manually.
- Experience with mobile testing automation tool like Appium.
- Worked in ETL environment involving Informatica/DataStage. Excellent knowledge of SQL, Capable of writing SQL queries.
- Expertise in designing, developing, deploying and supporting of Service Virtualization using CA LISA DevTest.
- Experience with bug tracking tools like Quality Center/Test Director & JIRA and familiar with Clear Quest, Bugzilla.
- Involved in functional testing, black box testing, negative testing, compatibility testing, and recovery testing.
- Analyze the CPU Utilization, Memory usage, and Garbage Collection and DB connections to verify the performance of the applications.
- Developed XML test data and implemented Functional and Data Driven tests using Soap UI.
- Performed Testing of Database Applications developed with Oracle, and SQL Server.
- Generating Complex Transact SQL (T-SQL) Queries, Sub queries, Co-related sub queries, Dynamic SQL queries etc.
- In-depth knowledge of complex T-SQL. Power user of advanced SQL queries with multi-table joins, group functions, sub-queries, set operations and functions.
- Hands on experience in Quality Assurance including Functional, System, Smoke, Regression, and Integration, User Acceptance Test (UAT) and Compatibility Testing of Web and Client server based applications.
- Worked closely with Business Analyst for Requirements Study and develop SQL Scripts for end - end process validation.
- Experience with functional web service testing and strong knowledge of Soap UI testing.
- Experience in Test coordination between Onsite and Offshore team.
- Prior experience in analyzing and reporting on performance metrics and test results.
- Ability to interact with end users, also quick learner and team player with good communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot with strong oral and written communication skills.
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver/IDE/GRID/RC 2.4, Mercury QTP 12.0, HP Quality Center, Jmeter, Cucumber, Firebug, FirePath, Fitnesse, Jasmine, Soap UI,Coded UI, ITKO LISA, Microsoft Visual Studio, Android Studio, Manual Testing, HP UFT and IBM RFT.
Frameworks: Junit, TestNG, Appium, TDD, Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid and Modular Frameworks, JBehave, ATF (Automation Test Framework), Page Object Model, and Backend Testing.
Testing: Integration, Functional, Regression, Performance and Load Testing, Manual, ETL Testing, Black Box and White Box Testing.
SOA Technologies: SOAP, REST, WSDL, UDDI, Web Services and SOAP UI, CA LISA, ITKO LISA.
Bug Tracking Tools: Quality Center (9, 10, 11.0), JIRA, Team Foundation Server (TFS 2008, 2010, 2012), Rational Clear quest, Bugzilla, Visual Studio and Bamboo.
Methodologies: Agile, Spiral and Waterfall.
Build/ CI Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins and Hudson.
Databases Technologies: MS SQL Server 2008/2012,OLAP and OLTP, Oracle, MS Access 2013/2010, TSQL, Oracle PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, TOAD, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader,DB2 and MYSQL.
Operating Systems: Windows 10, UNIX and Linux.
Firefox Add-ons: XPath and Firebug.
Networking Protocols: HTTP,FTP,SNMP and SSH
Browser: Chrome, Firefox, Safari & Internet Explorer
Mobile Manual Testing: Android, iOS
- Developed, executed and scheduled the automation test scripts from Quality Center.
- Worked on Agile Methodology, Daily stand up meetings, Continuous Integration approach.
- Was responsible for periodic update of Test Plans and Test Cases as per Requirement Specifications and Business rules.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application’s GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium WebDriver.
- Provided best practices in Automation testing in Coded UI.
- Involved in Automation of the test cases using Selenium WebDriver, Junit and Ant.
- Developed Java based library to read test data from XML & Properties files using Junit and Selenium.
- Configured ANT builds scripts to run tests, develops reports and sends notifications using Jenkins.
- Used Selenium RC for testing different browser, Selenium Grid for checking instance of server and Selenium IDE for record and playback.
- Experienced in working with Multiple Browsers and Cross Platform environments on different OS and Mobile Device.
- Worked on Android, Windows Mobile platforms to qualify applications.
- Performed Mobile Testing in iOS devices and Android devices by using Appium.
- Performed automated acceptance testing using Cucumber.
- Reported and tracked the status of the bugs, assigned severity ratings to them using HP (QC)/JIRA.
- Worked with Source version control tool such as Subversion (SVN).
- Worked with Teradata stored procedures, standard tables and ETL processes.
- Wrote SQL scripts for validating the data loaded by the ETL processes.
- Maintained bug status reports and drove to resolution including verification of fixes.
- Created LoadRunner Scenarios and Scheduled the Virtual user to generate realistic load on the server using LoadRunner.
- Developed simulation scripts using HP LoadRunner -Web (HTTP/HTML) protocol.
- Staged data to test the defects fix after the transports in UAT environment.
- Used HP Quality Center for viewing and analyzing test results and also for defect tracking and reporting which occurred during execution of test scripts and to test the Frond-End functionality of the Application.
- Wrote automated scripts using Selenium (WebDriver) with C#.
- Created automated regression test suites using selenium and C#.
- Developed automation test scripts for client -server and web based applications using Python, Silk and other automation tools.
- Designed and documented REST/HTTP, SOAP APIs, including JSON data formats and API versioning strategy.
- Performed REST API testing by Soap UI.
- Worked on POS QA Testing was involved in setting of QA Test environment with simulated POS test environment. Evaluated and interpreted POS requirements created by external vendors.
- Performed back-end testing using SQL queries to validate the data in the back-end SQL Server.
- Analyzed requirements, design documents and provided constructive feedback and Analysis of the existing Application and its Business Requirements.
- Used QTP/UFT for functional and Regression testing of the application to make sure transactions and business processes work as intended and Developed VB scripts.
- Managed & Mentored Test Automation Team using QTP.
- Developed Project using Waterfall Methodology.
- Wrote SQL Queries for backend/ETL testing.
- Developed automation scripts in Quick Test Professional (QTP) to automate smoke and regression testing and automated test data load for every build cycle.
- Parameterized the scripts in QTP to run the scripts for varying form data.
- Performed Web Services Testing using SOAP UI for Various Web Services.
- Modifyed Object Repository to help QTP identify GUI objects. Enhance the scripts in QTP/UFT using VB Script.
- Created Keyword Driven framework in QTP/UFT to be reused across multiple functionalities. Use this framework in Regression Suite.
- Developed and maintain various re-usable libraries in QTP using VB Script.
- Extensively used descriptive programming in QTP to handle dynamically changing screens without having to manually change the script.
- Performed manual testing on the whole application before going for the automated testing.
- Generated automated scripts for the dynamic pages using Descriptive programming and Shared Object Repository Model in QTP/UFT.
- Enhanced the QTP scripts by doing unit testing on the scripts before creating scenario based tests in Test-Lab Module of QC.
- Responsible for the UI automation using C# and Spec flow.
- Worked extensively with C# and java script for UI Automation.
- Created framework for API testing using selenium web driver and C#.
- Involved in identifying Integration User-Stories and Tasks during the Sprint Planning Sessions.
- Attended Daily Stand-up meetings, as part of the sprint meetings following the Agile Methodology, for the QA Integration Team.
- Involved in the Database Testing using SQL Queries of the Application like checking all the Tables in the Database and checking whether the data is moving in their Respective Tables.
Environment: QTP/UFT, VB Script, Quality Center(QC), Jira, SQL Server, ETL, XML, SOAP UI, MQ Series, Web Spear, MS - Team Foundation Server, Waterfall Methodology, HTML, SQL, Oracle and Windows.Confidential
- Developed automation scripts using Appium and Java for Mobile applications.
- Worked on Agile Methodology, attending daily stand-up meetings for Agile. Wrote and executed User Stories, Discussed with Business Analysts to better understand user stories.
- Involved in the implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, Protractor to handle Angular JS applications.
- Used TestNG and Ant under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test Automation (Java /TestNG).
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Ant tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using Junit prior to agile release.
- Performed white box testing using TestNG for class, method, & WebServices testing.
- SOA Testing, Validation and Virtualization, Extended Web Services Tests in a Low -impact way using CA LISA.
- Implemented test plans and isolated, documented and identified application bugs using White Box Testing.
- Established testing protocols and procedures and documented finding in white box testing.
- Developed ANT Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts developed in Selenium WebDriver and Junit
- Executed the test plans on Web and Mobile (Apple & Android) as per requirements.
- Performed Manual Testing & Mobile Automation Testing using Appium.
- Implemented simulator for Mobile App Testing by using Appium.
- Experienced in load and performance testing tool JMeter.
- Created unit and functional tests cases through use of testing tools such as Python.
- Developed multi-threaded RAM eater tools to create OOM scenarios for testing low memory scenarios on Android, Linux.
- Customized busybox and many other open source tools for android/Linux on Mobile platforms.
- Wrote and executed SQL queries to verify the data updates to various tables and ensure data integrity.
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration server to run automated test suites.
- Executed User Acceptance Tests in Behavior Driven Development (BDD) Pattern using Cucumber.
- Built a test automation framework based on Page Object Model (POM), TestNG and Selenium WebDriver.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Used web-debugging tools like XPath, Firebug and Firepath to locate elements.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML ids and XPATH in Selenium.
- Performed ETL and Database testing, wrote complex SQL queries, for Data Profiling, Data validation, Source -2-Target Mapping and BI Report Testing.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Involved in testing Web services(SOAP and REST) and XML with tool called SOAP UI for the local WSDL with URL and created Test cases, run them, do load testing, security testing.
- Tested the various Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) spanning across various web services using SOAP and WSDL across various applications using SOAP UI.
- Involved in designing and building automation frameworks in support of continuous integration in a Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
- Provided expertise in T-SQL to the software development team, including writing complex stored procedures, views and triggers.
- Used Git version control to track and maintain the different version of the application.
- Coordinated with developers and record defects in JIRA to track until they are resolved.
- Used SVN as code repository to manage code reviews.
- Maintained Metrics and participated in the Weekly Status Updates showing the progress of the testing effort and open issues to be resolved.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, Agile Methodology, Jenkins, Cucumber, Python, SOAP UI, ETL Ant, Appium, TestNG, JUnit, JIRA, QC, CA LISA, Firepath, Firebug, Eclipse, XPATH, HTML, CSS, TDD, SQL, Oracle and Windows, T-SQL, JMeter, Jasmine, Protractor, POM, and SVN, Git.Confidential
- Involved in preparing Test Plan and Test Cases based on the functional specifications.
- Performed Automated Functional Testing using Win Runner and QTP.
- Conducted Performance Testing using Load Runner for Web Application.
- Conducted Data Driven Testing using Win Runner to test the application with different sets of data.
- Worked along with the team lead to tackle deadline issues.
- Interacted with the development team to resolve technical issues and investigated defects.
- Conducted GUI Automated Testing using Win Runner.
- Conducted Back-End testing of the application by writing complex SQL queries.
- Used Quality Center for defect reporting, tracking and documentation.
- Reviewed and updated Test Plan and Test Scenarios.
- Reviewed test results and reports with the team.
- Verified fixed defects.
- Performed Smoke Testing.
Environment: manual and automated testing under QTP, Load Runner, and UC4, as well as GUI and web UI.
- Analyzed Business Requirements and functionality specification for investors and assets managers’ application to develop Test cases and Test scripts.
- Developed Test Scripts and Test Cases using Quality Center.
- Worked with Business Analysts for preparing the Test cases.
- Had the responsibility for setting up the standards and procedures for Manual & Automation Testing.
- Developed Positive & Negative scenarios for the requirements.
- Performed Functional Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Performance Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Adhoc Testing, Smoke Testing and Effective Regression testing.
- Created and executed black box test cases with respect to functional and business requirements.
- Performed GUI testing and web based testing.
- Involved in Database test by using TOAD and SQL.
- Ensured that the personnel meet the requirements specified in the enhancement specification for the change.
- Involved in each stages of test documentation with Test Policy, Test Strategy, Test Methodology, Test Planning, Test Case Specification, Test Procedures, Test Scripting, Test Logs and Defect Reports.
- Performed black box testing manually.
- Helped enhance usability of the system by suggesting changes in the front end.
- Did extensive Testing using Manual Testing and Black box testing.
- Developed manual test cases to verify intermediate releases.
- Worked with development team to resolve defects.
- Assisted in configuring Mercury Quality Center, as a project management and Bug Tracking System to report and track all errors.
- Thoroughly tested application along with bug reporting, bug tracking till bug closure.
- Followed a change control process for managing changes as and when they occur during the project life cycle.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing with users along with providing training to end-users.
Environment: QTP 9.5/10.0, QC 9.5/10.0, Oracle 10g, VB Scripting, SQL, XML, Windows XP Fix 4.2, JSP, Java Servlets, Stored Procedures.