SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE:
- Over 18 years of diversified experience in field of Software Quality Assurance and Software Testing/Analysis of Java, Java Beans, J2EE, Unix, Dot net, C#, Oracle 8,8I, 9I, 10g, 11g, 12c SQL, PL SQL, C, C++ based software.
- Completed variety of manual and automated testing processes, using testing tools, Test Director, Quality Center, Win Runner, Load runner, Quick Test Pro & Rational Tools. Open source tools Selenium, Watir & SoupUI.
- Lot of experience is on Client Server/LAN/Web & J2EE, MS .Net environment. I have comprehensive exposure in analyzing, executing testing and quality assurance solutions for software products, Creation/modification of test plans/scripts, test execution, analyzes requirements.
- Extensive experience in Testing of Web based applications, which include .Net, Client Server and CRM Applications, back end testing. GUI - Based Client.
- Experience in every phase of SDLC and expertise in performing different kinds of testing like Black Box Testing, Functionality Testing, GUI Testing, Unit Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Data Driven Testing, Modular Testing, Backend Testing, Performance Testing, Load Testing, Stress Testing, Regression Testing.
- Working experience in ETL tools (Informatica, Data Integrator) and Business Intelligent tools (Business Objects)
- Proficient in analyzing Business/System Requirement documents. Design Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Writing and executing Test Cases, Test Plans, Reporting and Tracking Defects. Strong understanding of object oriented methodologies software development life cycle (SDLC), agile and Scrum methodology. Creating ‘Data Setups’.
- Strong experience in Quality Assurance of multi-tier systems, Client/server systems and Web Applications/Sites including testing large enterprise software applications
- Involved in preparation of Requirement Traceability Matrix ( RTM ), Defect Report , Weekly Status Reports, Test Summary Reports and Test Readiness Review documents
- Excellent team player with strong written, communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Used various Tools to record test cases, test scripts, test results and defects.
Hardware: IBM PC/LAN/IBM 36/IBM 370/HP-3000/SUN SPARK/VAX/PDP-11/HP 2.17 /Client Server, Various Networking Environments
Testing Tools: WinRunner 8, Quick Test Pro8.0 & 9.0,10 Test Director 7.0x/8.0, Rational Clear Quest, Quality Center 9.0, Load Runner 8. /9.0, SQA Manager, SQA Robot, Rational Test Manager, SOAP UI, Selenium & Watir
Languages: VB 6.0, VB 10 Scripts, SQL, SQL+, PL/SQL, TSL., VB.NET, C, C++, C#, Cobol
Data Bases: Oracle DB 11,Application Server 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c (Related Portals and Client), Enterprise Manager, MS SQLServer 2005/2008, ODBC, PeopleSoft Financial Enterprise
Web Servers: Web Logic, IIS, Apache. MS IIS 6, Oracle Web Tier
Version Control: Visual Source Safe, PVCS Version Manager, Rational Clear Case, Share Point, Star Team
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista.7 MS-DOS, Unix Scripting, Unix AIX 4.1 & 6.2, 7.2 HP 10.6 Solaris 7,9,10 Sun 5.7 Motif
Browsers: Internet Explorer 8,9,10 & 11, Netscape Navigator, Firefox
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, Hummingbird
Office Suites: VISIO, MS-Outlook, MS-Office 2003,2007, MS Project 2003,Remote Desktop, Win SCP, ETL
- Lead Member of a testing team and responsible for analyzing requirements and develop test plan, /test cases, test scripts for Confidential Management Application.
- Responsible for conducting functional, integration testing using manual and automated methods
- Used Rational JAZZ and its module CM, RM and QM to develop test plan, test cases and test script. Used it extensively to develop test summary report and open defects.
- I was also Lead tester for testing another application BCDSS (Benefits Claim Disability System)
- I used Atlasasian’s JIRA tools and Confluence Tool to execute all testing activities.
- Both the projects were developed, tested and deployed using Scrum methodology
- Attended Daily scrum meetings. Presented my activities to team and client.
Washington, DCQA AnalystResponsibilities:
- Member of a testing team and responsible for analyzing requirements and develop test plan/test cases, test scripts for their various unemployment data applications
- Responsible for conducting functional, integration testing using manual and automated
- Used Rational Fuctional Tester extensively to execute tests.
- Used Selenium and Watir open sources tools to design and execute tests.
- Attend meetings with requirement team, business advocates and developer group.
- Completed a short-term project as one of the team member of Software Testing and Quality Assurance Team.
- Responsibilities included studying and analyzing application module, creating test scripts, testing, reporting bugs, creating test reports, and attending team meetings on their Grants Management software.
- Testing included both front end and back end validation. It was an agile testing methodology.
- Application was developed in dot.net environment with back end MS SQL. Testing process involved both manual and automated tools - HP Suites QC, QTP
- Used Quality Center as defect tracking and bug fixing tool. Prepared change requests for the bugs in the application and helped developers to track and resolve the problems.
- Generated Bug Reports and Test case coverage reports for status meeting and involved in resource planning for test cases coverage
- Performing regression testing in various stages of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Tested web pages, database connections, forms used in the web pages for submitting data to database and links to open reports from the web pages
- Participated in meeting with integrated project team on various software and patches releases
- Attended the Requirement Analysis and knowledge sharing session with business analyst and SME’s.
- Participation in the Simulated User Acceptance Testing (SUAT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Created and Presented Test Summary report
- Created Test Data Setup for the New Instance to test the application (IV&V Test Environment).
- Efficiently developed Test Cases using SWRS, VDID, Use Cases, and Data Elements.
- Participated in the Team Review Meeting, Peer Review for their various release
- Presentation of Test cases/Scripts to the Client’s highlighting Critical Defects, Issues and VATAS System Improvement Recommendations from user‘s point of view. SME’s, BA’s and Stakeholder from the IV&V perspective.
- Created and maintained Requirement Tractability Matrix, Test Planning and scenarios to execute the
- End-to-End test execution.
- Efficiently executing Functional Test Cases, Backend Test, ETL Capturing Defects and reporting.
- Conducting Regression testing to validate the functionality after the remediation of defects,
- Section 508 Testing to test the accessibility and functionality.
- Utilized CM tools to store test Documents into the Shared Repository
- Created SQL queries to extract view and analyze on from database in Oracle 10g.
- Software Testing, Identified Test Cases for FERC developed various applications (eTariff, Ferconline, DAMS, eSubscription, eLibrary etc) according to their Technical Specification.
- Functional Design and Use Case documents. Creating and executed test scripts, analyzing documentation, executed back end testing, front end testing, functional testing, security testing, GUI testing, Reports Testing, Black box Testing, Regression Testing, Creating Test Data, Writing SCR/bugs.
- Verifying defect fixes, developing various test related documents. Attending meeting with Developers and SME’s Creating Benchmarks and Analyzing Results of end users.
- Participating in walkthrough and presentations. These activities involved using CM tools, testing tools and defect reporting tools (These applications were developed in Windows XP, Vista, Visual Basic 6.0, .net, SQL Server 2005, XML Support, and Internet Explorer environment. I have excellent understanding of java, and .NET and C#, ASP.NET. Used Confidential Center, Confidential Load Runner with Confidential scripts
- Executed queries in MySQL to verify the validity of the data
- Written several complex SQL queries for validating Business Objects Reports.
- Validated Database Integrity testing by executing SQL statements
- Involved in testing the UI applications
- Performed end to end testing by dropping the files and generating the output file
Software QA TesterResponsibilities:
- Involved in meetings with Business Analysts and End Users to review functional/technical requirements and responsible to translate business requirements into quality assurance test cases.
- Used Quality Center as test management tool to manage/execute the test cases and test cycles
- Test team member, responsible for execution of tests using both manual procedure and automated tools on various new technology based application for Confidential.
- Used mercury tools extensively (Mainly Win runner and Load runner). Created various test related documentations.
System Test ConsultantResponsibilities:
- One of the senior testing team member, job involved analyzing requirements, creating test scenarios, test cases, execution of tests using both manual and automated methods.
- Tested Confidential’s various application like Buyout, Electronic Travel Voucher, Time and Attendance. These were developed on various latest Technologies like JAVA, Weblogic, .net and PeopleSoft’s financial/ human resource engines.
- It involved extensive use of Mercury’s Test Director, Win Runner and Quick Test Pro.
- All releases, requirements, scripts were stored under CM Tool Star team.
- Job involved creating various documentations related to the testing process and developing various matrix and Benchmarking. Analyzing benchmarking results
- Worked in their QA/testing team as one of the senior member responsible for analyzing application, case development and interpretation of test scenarios, and test cases. Executing both manual and automated testing of application developed on VB and .net.
- Multi-tier and multi screen application for non-profit organization, trade unions, association etc.
- Many featured application to handle membership, meetings, funds, creating transcriptions, exhibitions management and handling financial transactions.
- Had extensive reporting module, which creates periodic reports for various activities. The back end database is MS SQL and Oracle 9i.
- This involves using of automated tools like Win Runner, Load Runner, Rational Robots and clear quest for reporting defects. Analyzed test results and simulated various conditions like network outages, bandwidth. Getting evidence and feedback from users and helped developed group to resolve these issues.
Quality Assurance AnalystResponsibilities:
- Testing team member in the quality assurance/testing department. The software contract was for development, quality assurance & deployment for National Institute of Health’s various health researches and disbursement of grants applications developed on Oracle 8,9I forms and J2EE development environment.
- The testing process used new technologies, inch rational tools. The testing process was completed in compliance with SEI CMM level II and III, which included project planning, software tracking, and peer review.
- Tested 508 compliance features per US Federal Government’s directives for Section 508 compliance using JAWS, IBM Home Pager.
- My job responsibilities included creating test related documents. These included developing test plan, procedure, testing scenarios, test cases, defect reports and analyzing test related requirements.
- The testing was conducted for J2EE development, which had used JSP, JAVA BEAN & JAVA codes.
- The entire testing process was deployed on Rational Unified Process, which had Rational Requisite Pro implementation and testing process with Rational Test Manager, Clear Quest, Clear Case, and SQA Robot
- My job assignment included studying, analyzing, and attending business requirement and design review meetings, monitoring of software delivery and its analysis of different aspect of functionality, input data file and output results.
- Design test scenarios, test cases & execution, fault reporting, documentation. Independently interacting with development group for remediation of any unexpected results. The testing was focused on various billing of switch, local, long distance, calling card and resale calls recording from different provider.
- I was responsible for independently handing another application’s comprehensive testing, which was owned by company’s human resource department and tracked resumes.
- The total package, which was based on GUI user interface & web development, was my sole responsibility to test, bugs remediation and implementation. My responsibility included analyzing application, creating data sets and creating all testing documents, which included test plan, test cases, defect reporting.
- Compilation of test procedures and creating automated tests. The automated tests were created using HP tools like Win runner for functional tests, Load runner for testing load and stress, Web test for using world wide web development.
- The development was in UNIX environment and it had front-end development on object-oriented code like C++ & JAVA.
- This company placed me at Confidential‘s Vienna office’s QA department.
- My job responsibilities were mainly testing and quality assurance on UNIX, AIX 4.1, 4.2, Solaris 2.6 thru 2.12, HP 10.1 and NT environment.
- These tests were conducted on their developed products to monitor system performance.
- These test included installation, writing and running test scripts, interacting with development group for resolving bugs.
- Most of the testing was focused on performance, regression, stress, GUI Interface and Y2K of the products.
- Testing Team Member in Confidential’s contract with Confidential.
- This contract was for assessment, analysis, testing and remediation for their various applications both on Mainframe and Client Server environment.
- The client server applications were in DOS, Window 95/NT, UNIX environment.
- There were various RDBMS based and 3rd, 4th Generation programming, like C, C++ based applications and there were various front-end software development/languages to be analyzed.
- These were tested, remediated for its functionality, integration, performance and Y2K. Implemented ISO 9000 & 9001 standards and Confidential standard.