QUALIFICATIONS AND CAREER OBJECTIVES:
- Seeking a challenging Manager, Software QA position.
- 14+ years of experience in Software Industry with 4+ years of experience as a QA Manager developing enterprise class applications.
- Seasoned in combining technical leadership with people management.
- Process oriented with very good leadership and project management skills.
- Passionate about QA process, testing strategies and quality control.
- Expert in preparation and reviewing of various test documents such as, test plans, test cases, test scripts, test matrix and product certification documents.
- Managed End to End testing of the product (including Functional, backend/UI automation, manual testing, regression testing, release testing, patch testing, etc.)
- Experienced in working closely with cross functional teams such as Product Development, Product Management, and documentation and Internal IT groups to deliver a quality product.
- Experience in hiring, mentoring and retaining resources.
- Have strong inter - personal and communication skills and take pride in being a good team player.
- Received several Excellence@Confidentials Awards for effective leadership.
- Member of Corporate Social Responsibility at Confidentials and Confidentials.
TECHNICAL SKILLS:Languages & Tools:
- Shell scripting
- Winrunner 9.2
- HP ALM 11
- MS Office suite
OSes & Platforms:
- VMware vCenter server
- VMware ESX
- Windows Hyper-V
- Windows and Linux
. EMPLOYMENT HISTORY: EMC2 Manager
- Functional testing ownership of Block Storage, File storage, Object storage, OpenStack Cinder Driver, UI catalog services, CLI.
- Test planning, estimation, test spec review, automation, and bug triaging and making decision regarding test completion.
- Managing automation suite by triaging test runs, enhancing test coverage.
- Hands-on knowledge of JIRA/testlink and various test/lab management applications.
- Hands-on technical manager providing troubleshooting tips and helped in root cause analysis.
- Tracking status, resolving issues and prioritizing tasks.
- Lead QA efforts among geographically distributed teams constituting of 13 members.
- Worked closely with manager to deliver High Quality Product.
- Actively participated in design discussions and proposed functionality/UI changes.
- Gathering and analyzing of feedback from initial beta users.
- Point of contact for any issues, bugs, how-to’s.
- Built a QA team in Bangalore by reviewing resumes, short listing, interviewing.
- Task breakup, aligning QA efforts towards releases, prioritizing.
- Track status and action items, publish weekly minutes.
- Bug analysis, prioritizing, closure and coordinating with development team.
- Prepared step-by-step instructions for the team members and for product support.
- Designed Winrunner framework and flow for Basic Build Acceptance.
- Demo products to external companies and for I18n and L10n.
- Maximum bug creator among the entire team.
- Whitebox testing
- Performed complete functional testing of the product.
- Executing Data ONTAP API’s to compare GUI behavior.
- Wrote perl scripts to perform scalability testing.
- Blackbox testing
- Wrote Winrunner automation suite from scratch to automate sanity tests.
- Manual Testing of product features thru GUI.
- Installation/Regression/Qualification testing on all Windows OSes including GuestOSes.
- Performance testing of UI pages.
- Hands-on key contributor to the integration and functional testing of Oracle collaboration Suite and Oracle Files, an Enterprise Content Management solution.
- Test matrix design, publish, review, execute, and automate.
- Identify, analyze, and document/report defects, errors, and inconsistencies. Escalate enhancement possibilities.
- Enhanced FTP Server test matrix to increase code coverage.
- Tested Xythos client with webdav protocol and reported defects.
- Implemented, maintained winrunner based tests for ftp client.
- Focused testing on Protocol servers (HTTP, HTTPS, DAV, SMB, FTP, NFS, NTFS), File operations, browser and platform certification.
- Designed and automated test cases based on RFC for DAV Server implementation.
- Added tests to improve code coverage for ftp implementation.
- Automation using winrunner, perl and other oracle automation tools. Test results presentation in excel, html formats.
- Monitoring regression tests and analyzing any issues as defects or changes needed to test matrix.
- Create documents for the team reference on issues or procedures supporting QA efforts.
- Tested and certified following protocol clients against different Windows OS flavors,
- Actively involved in the design and planning of automated test architecture and implementations.
- Organized bug blitzes, managing data pertaining to the same including features list, new bugs filed, severity and feasibility to fix.
- AS and DB Security patch certification on Collaboration Suite, feedback on patch application procedure.
- Installing, Sanity testing, hosting, maintaining environments for different Collaboration Suite QA teams Email, Calendar, Files, Ultra search, Web conference and Instant messenger.
- Co-ordinate with offshore QA team for better turn-up time and increase productivity.
- Exhaustive design of test suites and Manual test execution of different features of the product Confidentials Online Order Routing and Management System.
- Performed system testing, multithreaded functionality, fault tolerance, load balancing and message interface among all the servers.
- Detection of problems and escalation of those problems to the responsible people.
- Worked closely with developers to resolve issues related to functionality.
- Responsible for Bug reporting, Bug verification and Spot-checking.
- Responsible for Automating Java Interface with Winrunner and designed different suites for different users.
- Wrote shell scripts to analyze the logs.
- Wrote and maintained generic functions to perform standard events of Confidentials.
- Provided a detailed document on automation tool, which served as reference for integration, development team.
- Responsible for installation and configuration of Confidentials online for testing.
- Tested database migration and backward compatibility of both front end and backend.
- Configuration of TIBHawk for the backend server monitoring.
- Creation, execution and updation of Perl scripts to Automate Confidentials Product feature testing.
- Wrote Perl scripts to do image validation to check any release related problems.
- Developed perl and shell scripts for startup, shutdown and current status check of all Confidentials Online backend servers.
- Enhanced automation scripts to provide detailed error reports to assist regression testing.
- Reproduced all errors and message structures generated by servers to verify against the Confidentials, an XML based online document source.
- Participated in test design reviews.