- Software Quality Assurance Analyst for retail POS terminals.
- Software Development experience with POS terminals using C, C++ technology.
- Performed OPOS and JAVA POS testing and integration
- Accomplished in retail POS devices (credit/debit and signature capture) and their integration with leading retailers such asConfidential.
- Hands on experience in the Point of Sale domain, both in contact and contactless platforms.
- Subject Matter Expert concerning SDLC and STLC
- Development Tools/Languages
- C, C++, Assembler
- Operating Systems
- Windows, VX Works, Ingenico proprietary OS, and IBM 4690 operating systems
- Communication Tools
- HHD Serial Monitor, HHD USB Monitor, Wireshark, Bus Watch
- Eclipse, Visual studio
- Defect Tracking Tools
- Test Case creator/execution
- Software Testing Types and Methodologies
- Unit, system, regression, functional, negative, UAT and white - box using Agile and Waterfall
Sr. QA Analyst/ QAResponsibilities:
- Designed and developed test cases for manual testing and extensively tested the customizations to ensure the quality of the deliverables based on project specifications.
- Trained new team members and provided guidance on technical issues.
- Created, maintained and executed tests.
- Performed lab and on-site support integrating Confidential’s PIN Pad devices that were used for credit, debit and signature capture transactions with the customers POS system
- Used Waterfall testing methods and Agile Scrum environment
- Worked closely with the Development team and participated in unit tests review, product design review and technical specification review.
- Designed and setup complex testing environments for end to end testing.
- Advised the Quality and Development managers in making final decision for the launch to production.
- Designed test plans / cases to verify new features in the product as well as ensuring existing functionality is not adversely impacted
- Provided test case coverage and defect metrics to substantiate release decisions.
- Worked with others providing on-going process improvement efforts related to Quality and communicated status, metrics and issues on a regular basis.
- Created test cases for the known defects and integrated them into test plans.
Embedded Firmware Engineer
- Performed analysis and investigation on the proof of concept.
- Designed and developed new proprietary firmware in C to communicate with various printers, such as Confidential for printing on demand tasks.
- Worked with the VX Works Operating System running on Confidential Processor.
- Tested the prototype to ensure seamless integration with the designated printers.
- Consulted with other team members for the new system build.