- Analytical, self - driven professional with 15+ years of experience as QA Lead / Manager, QTP Architect, Test Coordinator, QA Test Engineer and trainer.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) from PMI and Certified Scrum Master (CSM).
- In-depth knowledge of manual and automated Black Box, White Box, System, Regression, Integration, Stress, Load, Functionality, and User Acceptance Testing of both client-server and Web-based internet & intranet applications.
- Sound knowledge of Object Oriented Programming concepts.
- Skilled in improving quality and efficiency by implementing QA best practices.
- Accomplished leader effective in building and strengthening relationships across functions as Scrum Master to drive productivity.
- Crafted QA strategies and incorporated best practices of Quality Assurance in all assigned projects.
- Revitalized project management processes using PMP standards.
- Integrated Agile and Scrum methodologies into software engineering processes.
- Introduced novel ideas to reduce testing times and deliver projects without any bugs.
- Managed, guided, and mentored on-shore and off-shore testing team across project life cycles.
- Played essential role in handling integration of two systems after a major take-over of Oakleaf Waste Management by Waste Management.
Testing Tools: LeanFT, UFT/QuickTest Professional (QTP), Selenium, WinRunner, HP ALM/Quality Center, LoadRunner
Operating Systems: Solaris, UNIX, Linux, Windows 95/98/NT/XP, MS-DOS, Windows 2010 Server
Languages: TSL, Java, VB Script, HTML, XML, ASP, C, C#,PL/SQL.
Microsoft Products: Microsoft Visual Studio, MS Office, FrontPage, MS-Project, Microsoft Team Foundation Suite (TFS).
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server.
- Leading the effort of test automation as part of the Center of Excellence Team.
- Using Unified Function Test (UFT) and LeanFT to automate the applications and web services testing, SAP and MainFrame test automation.
- Using Selenium Web driver for automation of the web based applications.
- Using Microsoft Visual Studio as an IDE for Selenium and LeanFT test automation.
- Guiding the off-shore resources in test development.
- Developing the test architecture/framework for each project.
- Drafting the automation best practices and performing the code walkthrough to make sure that these best practices are put into effect.
Confidential, Manchester, CT
- Process Improvement: Integral role in process improvement initiatives to enhance testing methodologies and processes. Implement Agile processes in the QA practice. Continuously motivate team members to work towards building efficient code, save time, and deliver projects with minimal bugs/defects .
- Application Test Automation: Guide the team in building the robust automation regression test suite for regression testing using the tools like UFT and Selenium for all the projects executed.
- Project Management: Managing the customer portal development being developed using Java and tested using Selenium using Test Driven Development.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
QA Manager - Consultant
- Collaborated with QA partner for Surety applications for the Bond and Financial Division in the Managed Service Model (MSM). Spearheaded five program areas and managed projects working with four off-shore and four on-shore technical leads as wells as scrum teams. Directly reported to QA Director and made recommendations to senior leadership team on QA process improvements.
- Scrum team structure: Active member of a scrum team environment. Played a key role in communication between scrum teams. Participated in Scrum of Scrum meetings held occasionally in the organization to coordinate work of various teams.
- Quality improvement: Conducted Root Cause Analysis (RCA) meetings for every release to understand causes of problems/issues and devise sustainable solutions. Voiced QA concerns in every senior level meeting to ensure proper representation of interests of the QA team. Worked with the build and infrastructure team on scheduled and unscheduled changes, wrote QA plans, and implemented best practices in each project reflecting QA industry standards.
Confidential, Windsor, CT
Senior QA Specialist/QA Automation Manager
- Mastered and managed projects using QuickTest Professional (QTP), Visual Studio, C#, TFS, SQL Server. Designed project charter, defined roles and responsibilities, and mentored off-shore team in QA test script development as well as execution. Ensured inclusion of all test scenarios in regression test bed. Guided off-shore team in integration of legacy Waste Management systems with Oakleaf Waste Management’s C# based in-house Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Efficiency & Quality Improvements: Maintained strong follow up on production issues/enhancements, analyzed, and fixed bugs in subsequent releases. Designated as Quality Center administrator.
- Agile process: Planned and executed all QA projects using Agile methodology and processes.
- Automation practices: Catalyzed automation best practices using QTP and Selenium.