- 7+ years of extensive experience as a QA Engineer involving in the entire SDLC and working in SQL, Database, ETL, Data warehouse, BI Reports, Manual and Automation Testing.
- Extensive experience in the Information Technology industry, involving analysis, SQL, Automation, ETL and BI testing of DWH applications and reporting applications.
- Extensive Experience in Agile Methodology and waterfall methodologies of SDLC.
- Proficient in writing Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts and Test Scenarios
- Experienced in testing requirements that were developed in ETL and BI tools and reviewed scripts for positive and negative test scenarios, and prepared test summary reports.
- Experience in both Manual and automation testing process and in creating automation environment using Quick Test Pro (QTP), Test Director, and Quality Center
- Possess extensive experience performing Backend, Frontend, Regression, Functional, System, Interface, Us ab ility, Black box, Integration and User Acceptance Testing.
- Hands on experience in testing soap UI and xml web service interfaces and running basic UNIX shell scripts using Putty in winscp server for data transfer between upstream to downstream interfaces.
- Well experienced in writing complex SQL queries for extracting data from multiple tables.
- Experience in Performance Tuning of SQL and Stored Procedures.
- Excellent experience in different Databases like Marklogic, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 and Teradata.
- Proficient in Mercury s Quality Center for Test Designing, Requirement Mapping, Reports and Defect Tracking
- Created ETL test data for all ETL mapping rules to test the functionality of the ETL process based on mapping document. Hands on expertise in Data ware housing concepts and tools.
- Extensive experience working with ETL tools like Informatica, Ab initio, SSIS and Autosys tools.
- Good experience in SSRS, Mircrostrategy, Cognos & Business Objects Reports testing.
- Experience in UNIX shell scripting and configuring corn - jobs for Informatica sessions scheduling
- Proficient in Rational Clear Quest and Quality Center for Defect Tracking
- Experience in Dimensional Data Modeling using Star and Snow Flake Schema and working with slowly changing dimensions Type I II and III.
- Ab ility to work independently or in a team environment or in a rapid pace environment.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, communication and presentation skills with the ab ility to interact with people at all levels
Databases: MS Access, DB2, SQL server, Oracle
Languages: C, C++, Java, PHP, HTML, XML, C#
Operating Systems: MS Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7, Sun Solaris2.8, Mac OS X, Unix
Requirement Mgmt Tools: IBM-Rational RequisitePro, Rational ClearCase, HP Quality Center, Clarity, Application Lifecycle management
DWH ETL /BI Reports: Informatica, Datastage, Ab Initio, SSIS, Business Objects, SSRS, Cognos, Hyperion
Project Mgmt Tools: MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, MS Outlook, MS SharePoint, Lotus Notes
Business Modeling Tools: OOAD, MS Visio, Rational Rose
Defect Reporting Tools: Rational ClearQuest, Bugzilla, HP Quality Center, ALM
Sr. ETL/BI/Web QA Tester
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performed quality control analysis and validates results of conversion programs. Used extensive SQL query. Evaluated actual data load results. Involved with high volume testing.
- Assisted in gathering the business requirements, ETL Analysis, ETL test and design of the flow and the logic for the Data warehouse Informatica project
- Extensively involved in business decisions, constraints, and logics
- Extensively involved in Extracting, Transformation and Loading ETL of data to target SQL warehouse database.
- Tested Complex ETL Informatica Mappings and Sessions based on business user requirements and business rules to load data from source flat files and RDBMS tables to target tables.
- Validated several Business Objects reports. Reviewed and tested business requests for data and data usage.
- Validated Business Objects dashboard reports by writing several complex SQL queries based on reporting logic.
- Experienced in data definitions and mapping, assisting in testing exercises
- Tracked all testing results for management, categorizing issues and created/distributed trouble reports and managing defect listings in ALM.
- Developed, modified and debugged scripts in Automation frame work using QTP for future release
- Designed, Developed and Maintained ETL process on daily, weekly and Monthly basis.
- Coordinated with Business Users and Business Systems Consultants to understand the Business requirements to source data from Origination Systems
- Tested a number of complex ETL Informatica mappings, mapplets and reusable transformations for daily data loads
- Worked closely with the QA Lead in co-ordination and Implementation of the Agile methodologies/QA processed and generating Test Scenarios.
- Extensively used Aggregator, Transformer, merge stages.
- Extensively involved in Testing, Mapping and was responsible for documentation.
- Design Complex Jobs based on the requirement.
- Tested reports developed by Business Objects Universes for both Adhoc & Canned Reporting users of Business Objects.
- Involved in preparing the Data-driven and keyword-driven frameworks in automation QTP for system and UAT environments and performed data comparison and functional comparison.
- Enhancing the existing jobs and testing in the Quality Assurance environment.
- Daily production support for the Production Data Warehouse.
- Was involved in optimization for better performance.
- Validated Business Objects Reports and Universes against Datawarehouse/Data mart Database by writing SQL Queries
- Was extensively involved with offshore team. Extensively involved in Server Migration
Environment: ETL Informatica, Business Objects, ALM, Agile, SQL Server 2008, QTP, SQL Server 2010, Oracle 9i, Tableau 8.2.0, Sybase, UNIX, SOAP UI, XML, CSV, SAP BW, SSRS, SharePoint
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Sr. ETL/BI QA Tester
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Involved in Defining, and Analyzing the Test Requirements based on the Application Functionality.
- Involved in gathering business requirements, understanding the application.
- Tested the ETL Informatica mappings output with the back end by writing test cases and SQL test scripts.
- Wrote and executed complex SQL queries including JOINS to validate Back-end data.
- Testing of ETL Informatica jobs that are scheduled for file transfers from Operational Data Stores to designated file systems/directories.
- Used Toad and SQL Plus for testing execution of ETL Informatica Processes' PL/SQL procedures, packages for business rules.
- Developed a wide-range of SQL queries to assure data validation and avoid duplication in tables of the database.
- Exported Test Requirements and Test Cases from Excel and Word to Quality Center.
- Performed System testing and Integration testing.
- Developed test scripts using SQL and PL/SQL according to the mappings and rules specified in mapping document.
- Worked on Coordination and Maintenance of Agile Methodologies.
- As a Data warehouse ETL Tester responsible for the business requirements, ETL Analysis, ETL test and design of the flow and the logic for the Data warehouse project using Informatica.
- Involved in writing Test scripts for various test scenarios using QTP tool and in creation of Automation frame work.
- Used Quality Center for generating Requirements, Test Sets, and Test Plan and for reporting defects.
- Created test scenarios for System testing and Regression testing.
- Tested ad hoc and canned reports for Business objects.
- By using Execution Grid, run all manual and automated test cases in Quality Center.
- Logged the defects in QC and retested the application after the defects are fixed.
- Tested Web page presentation manually for different browser compatibility.
- Report and review the defects in Mercury Quality Center Defect tracking systems.
- Helped Lead to create Traceability Matrix to ensure comprehensive test coverage of requirements identifies all test conditions and test data needs.
- Wrote Complex SQL queries to validate the standard reports, Dashboards and Business objects Universes.
- Attended meetings to discuss on status of defects and projects.
- Interacted with developers regarding priority of bugs and update the status of bugs once they are fixed.
- Interacted with Developers and QA groups at various phases of project development.
Environment: ETL Informatica PowerCenter 8.6.1, BI Business Objects, Oracle, SOAP UI, XML, QTP, SQL, PL/SQL, Sybase, Excel Pivot, Oracle 10g/9i, Copy Books, DB2 UDB, WinSQL, UNIX (AIX), Linux, WinSCP3, Mercury Quality Center 9.0.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
ETL/BI QA Tester
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performed Integration, System, Regression, Performance and User Acceptance testing of an application.
- Prepared Test Plans and Test Cases for Reports testing and ETL Informatica mappings from the requirements.
- Written Test Scripts based on the Business requirements and executed Functional testing and data validation, data reconciliation with defect correction and retesting, followed by regression and performance testing.
- Tested ETL Informatica mappings to extract and load data from different databases such as Oracle, SQL Server and flat files and loaded them in to Oracle.
- Involved in gathering and analyzing the user requirements in coordination with Business.
- Identified the Facts, Dimensions, and grain of the Dimensional mode, and referential joins.
- Performed Unit, Integration, and Regression testing to validate report and mapping functionality.
- Created mappings using PL/SQL packages to implement business rules while loading data.
- Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQL queries and back-end testing
- Used SQL for Querying the DB2 database in UNIX environment
- Worked on Coordination, Development and Maintenance of Agile methodologies.
- Tested the Oracle Applications and Portals like Executive Dashboard, Drill Down, Summary Reports, Portal built on Oracle.
- Performing smoke test by running QTP scripts.
- Validated Business Objects reports by running the SQL queries based on the business rules.
- Used TOAD Software for Querying ORACLE. And Used Teradata SQL Assistant for Querying Teradata
- Performed quality assurance reviews on all System Development Life Cycle.
- Participated in defect review meetings with the team members. Used MS-Word for documentation.
- Involved in other test planning meetings and submitted test metrics daily to the management.
- Responsible for different Data mapping activities from Source systems to Teradata
- Worked with the DW Architecture team in Testing complex Delta processing Loads
- Involved in Teradata SQL Development, Unit Testing and Performance Tuning
- Validated BO Reports and Universes against Datawarehouse/Data mart Database by writing SQL Queries
- Performed performance tuning by optimizing Target, Source, Mapping and Session.
- Involved in migration of mappings / workflows from Development to Testing and to production.
- Written test scripts to compare OLTP vs OLAP for ETL testing
Environment: ETL Informatica, BI Business Objects, Teradata V2R6, MLOAD, FLOAD, Agile, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle 10g, QTP, XML, Sybase, XSLT, XML Spy 2008, Shell Scripting, Oracle 9i, UNIX.