- Over 4+ years of IT experience in the field of Software Quality Assurance with expertise in Automation and Manual Testing
- Outstanding knowledge about creating Selenium WebDriver Automation Framework from ground using Junit, TestNG.
- Expert in Testing Life Cycle (TLC): Including Risk Analysis, Planning Process, Test Design, Performing Test, Defect Tracking, Management and Test Reporting.
- Exposure of automation testing in cloud technologies such as AWS.
- Flexible and able to work with multiple priorities and collaboratively with Development, Business and QA team in Agile Environment
- Good expertise in Financial, Banking, Health Care and eCommerce Business Domains with different environments like Java, Linux, Oracle and Windows.
- Experience in Business Functionality Testing, User Interface testing, Unit testing, Integration Testing, Black Box Testing, End - to-end Testing, Manual Testing, Regression Testing, Documentation and Reporting
- Experience in reviewing of business requirements and design documentation for completeness and testability
- Ability to create test cases with or without business requirements and design documents
- Excellent experience in Software Testing in Client Server Application and Web based application using Manual Testing Techniques and Automated open source Testing Tools
- Flexible and willing to adjust to operational pressures, often at short-notice
- Demonstrate ownership of all assigned tasks and projects, delivering status updates to management and stakeholders regularly. Includes escalating issues and risks as appropriate
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team
- Good knowledge of all stages of software developmental life cycle (SDLC) and software testing life cycle (STLC)
- Hands on Experience in preparing Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Cases, and Test Scenarios, Test Data and Test Execution
- Experience in writing query to Accessing, Manipulation and validate the data using SQL
- Experienced in working closely with the clients and the project managers to analyze the client requirements and build project specification
- Ability to adapt to new environment quickly, strong team player, good communication, good analytical and computation skills, enthusiastic learner, confident, sincere and committed
- Expertise in analyzing the results and reporting suggestions and defects
Programming Languages: JAVA
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA and QC
Automation Test Tools: Selenium IDE, WebDriver, Worksoft Cert., Load Runner, IBM RIT
Web Debugging Tool: Firebug, Firepath, Xpath, Xpather HTML
Cloud: AWS, Citrix VDI.
Test Framework: TestNG, JUnit
Build Tool: ANT, Maven
Continuation Integration: Cruise Control, Jenkins, Team City
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows and Mac
Databases: Oracle and Microsoft SQL
Application: MS Office/Excel
Automation Engineering Analyst
Confidential, New York, NY
- Hands on experience in Worksoft Certify and HP Load Runner.
- Involved in creating the scripts on Worksoft and perf tool Load Runner.
- Responsible for integration testing after every deployment of the application.
- Responsible for E2E testing to monitor the migration of SAP implementation and report the results to the client.
- Manage and maintain the framework in regular basis.
- Responsible of creating the automation/performance test scripts and execute them with the offshore team.
- Leading an offshore automation team and report the test results to the supervisor and the client.
- Involved in analyzing the performance issue in the application and cross testing by generating the virtual user load in multiple demographic zone.
- Reviewed Business/System Requirements document with the Business and Development teams to understand the architecture and functionality of the application.
- Participated in Walkthrough meetings with Team lead, System Analyst, Project Coordinator and the Development team to discuss the outstanding defects and scope change requests.
- Executed test cases manually, compared and analyzed actual test results with expected results and reported all deviations to the appropriate individual(s) for resolution and based on that start writing the automation test plan and scripting.
- Wrote and execute the test scrips based on the BDD.
- Validate the requirements of the application and create the report to the manager.
- Responsible for testing the deployed code in IBM RTM and verify whether the actual results matching with the expected.
- Responsible of designing of the New-POS implementation infrastructure.
- Involved in AWS solution architect activities to build the TA/DEV/QA/PROD environments.
- Responsible for testing the registers and configure the new DBA and servers with the New-POS migration.
- Involved in migrating the existing application to the AWS cloud by using VB script and JAVA.
- Developed an automation test framework from the scratch.
- Hands on expertize in IBM RIT tool.
- Testing the Micro Services.
- Testing in the cloud server and validate the client data stored in AWS server.
- Writing the ECMA Scripts in RIT tool and execute them to validate the tests.
- Performed SOAP based testing, contributed in converting ULDD files from the cloud server into CDM files in the local machine.
- Was part of configuring the deployment issues with the DevOps team in environment pipeline like Jenkins/TeamCity.
- Wrote SQL queries to access data from the database tables and crosscheck the results.
- Worked with developers and users of the application to resolve usability issues during UAT.
- Reviewed and updated Requirements Traceability Matrices (RTM) that satisfy all required project’s test conditions.
- Executed Test cases and participated actively in system testing and regression testing for Web Based application as well as the Windows based application.
- Worked with the QA Manager in developing Responsibility Matrices for the Team Members periodically.
- Distributed work amongst the Team and coordinated the team.
- Guided the Team for their day to day activities and preparing them to reach the deadlines.
- Preparation and Review of End-to-End Test Scenarios/Test Cases, Coverage matrix and Test Data.
- Provided weekly statuses to the project manager as well as users.
- Reported the status of testing activities to the teams and management as necessary.
Automation Test Engineer
Confidential, New York, NY
- Develop and Build Automation Framework from scratch using WebDriver, Eclipse, TestNG and Java in Windows platform to cut down regression testing time
- Create and run BAT File to execute Automation Test Suites and generate XSLT Reports using Apache ANT and TestNG
- Perform and validate positive, negative, system, cross-browser and integration testing
- Modify and update Automation scripts when developers change the code in Agile Environment
- Interact with end users to obtain specific system requirements and develop Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scenarios
- Write SQL queries for backend testing and verify that the database updates, inserts, deletes, etc. the records, and validate them using MS SQL Server
- Conduct backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database
- Created complex SQL queries to be executed on the Database to retrieve information
- Participate in meetings, prepare reports and other supportive documentation to contribute to the establishment of standards and procedures for software testing
- Work closely with product team, designers and developers to ensure application development meets user’s expectations
- Use Putty to monitor Apache Tomcat Log files (which run on UNIX boxes) and report application exception errors
- Clone existing projects from local environment to GIT Repository & vice versa for backup using GitHub.
- Create new builds for all staging servers using Cruise Control and manually restart tomcat if required
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with high efficiency under very tight time schedules
- Manage defect process, analysis, and assignment and report and verify all bugs in JIRA
- Mange multiple project at the same times along with hot fixes
- Email TestNG report, screenshots and excel sheet to the IT Development team and QA Manager
- Attend daily stand-up, sprint planning and sprint retrospective meeting
Confidential, New York, NY
- Developed and Designed Automation Framework for web based application using Selenium WebDriver and JAVA in Agile Environment
- Executed the test scripts and test procedure against the business requirements documents and generated TestNG Report using Spring IDE
- Created and implemented Test Plan and Test Strategy Document outlining the scope, objectives, timeline and focus of software testing effort for functional, regression, white-box, black-box and UA Testing
- Involved in analyzing system specifications, design, development and execution of test plans and test cases for Manual and Automated testing
- Performed UI testing, Database testing after reviewing the story cards and database diagram
- Involved in testing the database and data validation using SQL Queries
- Performed Back-End Testing, database table manipulations of relational database systems by writing complex SQL queries manually
- Created changes in the objects, in the tested application’s UI and in the testing environment using Selenium
- Took part in Triage Meetings with the required parties after defect analysis to prioritize defect resolution and Test Cases were executed in Trac
- Worked closely with developers to develop Unit Tests
- Worked closely with development and project management teams for effective defect management and verify resolved bugs and track enhancements made to product
- Trained the users before UAT on how to test and document the test results. Also, assisted the users during UAT
- Created Regression Document to track and report testing activities during each phase of testing, including testing results, test case coverage, required resources, logged defects and their status, performance baselines
- Reported the Coverage status of test performed on the daily/weekly basis