- Over 10+ years of experience in software quality assurance and testing.
- Experienced professional in medical, insurance, financial, and banking domains.
- Extensive hands - on experience on performing testing on various web-based, object-oriented, client-server and multi-tier applications.
- Well experienced in white box and black box testing.
- Expertise in defining testing methodologies, designing Test Plans and Test Cases, Verifying and Validating applications and Documentation based on standards for Software Development and effective QA implementation in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Highly skilled and experienced in Agile Development process for diverse requirements
- Strong experience in testing GUI, functional, integration, regression, system testing.
- Skilled in providing assistance to various testing teams during User Acceptance Testing, String testing, Validation testing and verification testing.
- Excellent project handling skills with the ability to learn and react quickly.
- Proficient in overall Defect management/Problem Solving including tracking bugs, reporting using PTC integrity, Test director, Quality Center.
- Experience in testing database applications and back-end testing using SQL.
- Strong in analyzing Business requirements and design specifications and development of Test Plans, Test Scripts, Test Cases and executing them.
- Highly organized and goal-oriented individual with excellent communication skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment with resource constraints.
Lead Software QA engineer
- Led and managed QA team in Agile Methodology in Video Imaging System.
- Active participation in Product Requirement meetings with the Project Managers on Testability .
- Used PTC Integrity throughout the project life cycle from release planning to test planning test plan creation, test execution, progress reporting.
- Design of QA Checklists, Regression and Smoke & Sanity Test Suites Checklists for QA teams.
- Submitted the daily EOD test status report to the Project Managers to communicate the progress of testing.
- Created test cases for Application Testing, Integration Testing and Application UAT
- Used cucumber behavior driven development framework to analyze the user-story and write acceptance criteria
- Generated various reports using PTC integrity like test case coverage report, accumulated defects report, requirements coverage report etc. for the GO/NO GO decision of the application.
- Participated as a member of SCRUM team: Walk-through / Inspections / Daily meetings with team members to track the status of the each individual and make sure that the tasks are accomplished as per the schedule
Environment: Windows 7, Java, .Net C#, PTC Integrity, Agile, VersionOne, Team Foundation Server, GIT, SQL Server.Confidential, CA
Lead Software QA engineer
- Created test cases for Application Testing, Integration Testing and Application UAT.
- Led and managed QA team of 4 working with different projects
- Reviewed test cases with business users and other stake holders.
- Used HP Quality Center 9.2 for a complete testing life cycle, i.e. right from uploading requirements, uploading test cases, linking test cases to requirements, executing test cases, creating defects and linking the defects to the test cases.
- Performed regression testing of the application for multiple releases.
- Supported various testing efforts like String, Integration and UAT.
- Precisely and thoroughly document defects found in HP Quality Center 9.2 and work with developers to resolve them.
- Communicated with project manager(s) for assigned project on testing status, issues, risks, etc.
- Generate various reports like test case coverage report, overall testing report, accumulated defects report, requirements coverage report etc. for the GO/NO GO decision of the application.
- Executed SQL Queries and Procedures to perform database.
Environment: Windows 2003, HTML, HP Quality Center 9.2, Oracle, .Net, Oracle SQL Developer 126.96.36.199, Open Way Field-Pro, Open Way Shop Manager, Table Test Bench.Confidential, FL
Software QA engineer
- Created a comprehensive master test plan from the Functional Specification Document, Business Requirements Document, and Technical Design Document
- Decompose requirements into test conditions, cases, and scripts, and enter into Quality Center 9.2.
- Created project plan for test planning and execution
- Review test cases and other testing artifacts created by other team members for completeness and accuracy.
- Involved in various testing phases like ST (system test), SIT (system integration testing), PT (product test) and application testing and UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Involved in testing Call routing test cases using IVR/ICM.
- Involved in testing IVR ICM attributes and Customer devices.
- Troubleshoot defects or environment issues and facilitate remediation.
- Precisely and thoroughly document defects found in Quality Center and work with developers to resolve them
- Communicate with project manager(s) for assigned project on testing status, issues, risks, etc.
- Implement test (verification and validation) practices, standards, and processes
- Ensure that team members are trained in the skills and tools of system test, project management, and other required competencies of the Application Test Center
- Walk-through / Inspections / Daily meetings with team members to track the status of the each individual and make sure that the tasks are accomplished as per the schedule
Environment: Windows 2003, Java, Java script, PHP, MYSQL, HTML, HP Quality Center, Oracle, UNIX, SQL PLUS.Confidential, CA
QA Analyst (Intern)
- Analyzed Business Requirements document and Functional Design document
- Used Quality Center for documenting requirements, view, modify requirement tree and converting requirements to tests
- Performed End to End, Functional Testing, Regression Testing
- Used Quality Center for defect management- adding defect, tracing changes and sending defect e-mail messages.
- Executed scripts in Quality Center and documented detailed results
- Analyzed testing process by creating reports and graphs
- Developed manual test cases for Positive, Negative and Functional testing.
- Conducted test executions manually and evaluated test results and attended daily meetings to discuss the high severity defects with the developers.
- Involved in smoke test.
- Created a variety of user-defined functions in compiled modules to promote reusability
- Prepared test status report and weekly status report.
- Analyzing the reports, Debugging of scripts
Environment: Windows NT, Java, HTML, Java script, Dream Viewer, Quality Center, Clear Quest, Oracle, Linux, SQL PLUSConfidential, VA
QA Analyst (Intern)
- Involved in gathering specs and reviewing the project requirements provided by the development personnel prior to testing.
- Tested the application extensively and made enhancements by incorporating client suggested modifications
- Created synchronization points to synchronize the test script to speed up the testing process
- Worked closely with the developers to perform functional inspections to ensure the thorough understanding of the requirements.
- Perform Functional Testing and Regression Testing
- Bugs Tracked and Reported using Test Director.
- Interacted with the QA managers for the regular update of the project.
- Executed SQL Queries and Procedures to perform database testing
- Regularly follow up with Development Team to discuss discrepancies identified during testing and performance tuning
Environment: Windows XP, UNIX, SQL Server, Oracle, Java script, Element Tool, HTML, and Test Director.Confidential, CA
- Worked as a Member of the QA team, responsible for system testing before deployment.
- Documented test requirements using Quality Center
- Participated in walkthroughs and technical reviews all through the testing phase
- Created and executed detailed test cases using Quality Center
- Enhanced test scripts using user defined functions, parameterization and logical statements.
- Conducted database testing, extracted test data from tables by using database functions.
- Created Batch Scripts and performed batch testing
- Involved in UAT.
- Involved in database testing by writing SQL queries and making validation for the result tables based on the expected values on database
- Used Bug Zilla for defect reporting and tracking
Environment: Windows NT, Bugzilla, Quality Center, Web Logic, Eclipse, C, SQL Server