- 6+years of professional experience as a QA Analyst.
- Working experience on Functional testing, GUI testing, UI Testing, Regression Testing, Sanity Testing, Integration Testing, Smoke testing, API Testing, Load Testing and Database Testing.
- Documenting test plans, test cases, metrics, requirements and processes.
- Responsible for writing and executing test cases, reporting and tracking defects and maintaining the defect database.
- Extensive Knowledge on Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) models, Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Defect Life Cycle.
- Has tested applications developed using Java Servlets, J2EE, VB, Sql Server, HTML, CSS, Oracle and ASP.Net.
- Experience with RDBMS concepts & related languages, tools and technologies. Good knowledge of SQL.
- Experience in testing ETL packages like SSIS, web services testing using SOAP UI.
- Expert in Defect Reporting and Tracking using Test Director/HP Quality Center, JIRA, ALM.
- Experience in various Business Domains like Healthcare, Insurance and Financial.
- Excellent understanding of SDLC methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile (Scrum), Release management and build deployment across different environments. Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment of Source Codes.
- Experience in interacting with Business Analysts, Developers and Clients involving cross location project teams and handling User Acceptance testing (UAT).
- Quick learner with perennial quest for knowledge and excellent team player with the ability to meet tight deadlines under pressure.
Automated Tools: QTP, Test Director, Quality Center, ALM, JIRA, Selenium, SOAP UI, Telerik Test Studio, TFS Teampulse
Programming Languages: VBScript, Visual Basic, C #, T SQL
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2000/2003/2008, Windows 98/XP/7 and UNIX (Solaris).
Database and Tools: MS - Access, SQL Server, Oracle, SQL Server Management Studio / Enterprise Manager, Profiler, DTS, TOAD
Confidential, Greensboro, North Carolina
- Prepared Test Cases, according to the business specification and wrote test scripts and maintained them.
- Fully responsible for writing Test Strategy for the functionality assigned.
- Attending RRB Meetings and giving feedback. Reported issues and solutions to the QA Manager on timely basis.
- Ensure all assigned projects are reviewed for opportunities to gain efficiencies with test execution using and maximizing appropriate testing techniques. (Automation Team communication)
- Created test cases for functional, integration system and user acceptance testing in ALM 11.0, created detail regression test cases.
- Identification of Test Data for execution
- Manually Conducted Positive and Negative testing.
- Updated/Maintained existing test cases according to the requirements.
- Worked on the test planning, test lab and defect reports and generated customized reports in Quality Center.
- Involved in Defect Status Reporting, prepared bug summary reports.
- Involved in exporting testing requirements, planning tests, designing test steps, generating test templates, creating requirement coverage, executing tests using the Test Lab, and adding, matching, updating, prioritizing & mailing defects, monitoring the test process by generating the test reports & graphs using ALM 11.0
- Wrote and execute a large variety of test scripts in HP ALM/Quality Center
- Reviewed and updated test scripts written by other Quality Assurance team members.
- Performed End to End Functional, Regression and Sanity, Integration testing.
- Performed Browser Compatibility testing in multiple versions of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome.
- Used the defect-tracking feature of HP Quality Center to log and document defects.
- Logged defects (QC/ALM) and worked collaboratively with the Business Analysts & Developers to resolve issues identified during the System and Regression testing.
- Participated in weekly review meetings with the stakeholders, reported the status of testing and escalated critical and high risk unresolved issues
- Attended weekly defect report meetings and presented progress updates to the QA management and process advocates.
Confidential, Madison, WI
- Actively involved with SCRUM and sprint meetings, managing product backlog, removing obstacles to progress, re-allocating resources where necessary, prioritizing and review milestones and accomplishments
- Thorough Understanding and Analysis of requirement documents and successfully completed the Quality Assurance of the application.
- Wrote Test plan, test cases based on BRD and User Stories.
- Tested all modules - Patient Management, Doctor, Admin and Insurance Claims.
- Involved in Smoke Testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing .
- Involved in ETL Testing (Data is extracted from flat files, multiple databases and transferred to target database.
- Validated reports by executing SQL queries and compared the data using File comparison tool Exam Diff.
- Created Test Data for QA and UAT, Written and executed SQL queries and Joins, scripts to validate the data, Validated HIPPA rules.
- Validated the connection and data between Admin web services and Insurance claims web services, performed sanity testing .
- Filed and tracked the defects using Jira.
- Executed test cases using Web service Soap UI tool, Selenium IDE for record and playback.
- Writing and executing test cases, validating the test cases in database and perform performance testing.
- Performed stress testing in Load Runner 11.5 .
- Prepared daily/ weekly status reports on Test case execution, defects, RTM etc.
- Involved in planning test execution activities, defect reporting and analysing test metrics.
- Manage test environment for integration testing activities .
- Effectively working with Business Analysts and Product Managers to meet deliverable deadlines for various projects.
- Coordinating with the client for on time delivery of the build tested. .
- Team management and Task allotments, Reviewing Bugs, Assigning the Bugs, Preparing Test Plans and writing Test Cases, Escalating any serious issues encountered to the higher management, Sending the Daily Status Reports, Functionality coverage reports, Reporting End of the Day Report to the Project Managers
- Provide post-implementation support for all deliverables.
- Writing and executing test scripts in Selenium IDE .
- Recorded and plays back test in Firefox using Selenium IDE.
- Prepared test cases and executed them.
- Interacted with Business Analysts and Developers in requirement analysis, Design reviews, testing and documentation for applications developed in Agile environment.
- Actively participated in scrum meetings, reviews and developed test scenarios.
- Reviewed functional specification documents, design documents and requirements traceability matrix and involved in developing test plan document.
- Created and executed both System and Integration test cases and verified actual results with expected results.
- Developed SQL Queries and Procedures to perform database testing.
- Tracked the defects using Quality Center and generated defect summary reports.
- Maintained Test Logs, Test Summary reports and participated in defect review meetings.
- Defect Coordinator as additional responsibility.
- Reviewed the requirements and took part in technical documentation related discussions.
- Created, designed and executed test plans, test scenarios, test cases and test reports using HP Quality Center.
- Documentation of design and functional decisions during meetings.
- Performed Web services testing using SOAPUI by checking the request and responses.
- Responsible for conducting smoke, functional, UI and ad-hoc testing.
- Designed and executed SQL scripts for verifying the accuracy of the data.
- Designed and developed user interfaces using asp.net web forms, custom user controls.
- Used Custom built Application Framework to build the Data Access Layer.
- Designing and modelling database according to Requirement.
- Created Web services for PMS and Document management Modules Using ASP.NET
- Development of SQL stored procedures, views user defined functions and table designs and db changes.
- Performed testing of the new functionalities and features in the systems, involved in creating test cases with the developers, execution of the tests, troubleshooting with the developers, escalations to the higher management, maintaining the test and Defect data in QC, extensive log .