- 10+ years of diverse experience in Quality Analysis, Manual and Automated Testing of Stand Alone, Client/Server and Web Applications
- In depth experience in implementing various QA methodologies involving preparing Test Plans, writing Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Procedures and executing them; performed defect reporting and tracking throughout the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Adept in using Automation Tools including HP Quality Center, Rational Test Manager, Rational Robot, Rational ClearQuest, TestDirector, WinRunner, Load Runner, Mercury/HP Quality Center and methodologies like Rational Unified Process
- Proficient in different phases of testing like Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, GUI Testing, Load Testing, Stress Testing, Unit Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Performance Testing, User Acceptance Testing
- An in - depth understanding of all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Excellent skills in Manual Testing.
- Performed back-end testing by extensively using SQL commands to verify the database integrity.
- Created and maintained SQL Scripts to perform back-end testing
- Experience in bug reporting tools like Test Director, Mercury/HP Quality Center and Rational Clear Quest
- Involved in developing and maintaining Test Matrix and Traceability Matrix and performing Gap Analysis
- Strong Cross Browser Testing Skills to ensure compatibility with various browsers (IE, Netscape, Mozilla etc.)
- Strong expertise in templates, graphical analysis charts and statistical reports using MS Excel.
- Excellent Organizational, Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead, work in a team or work independently and Hardworking with an enthusiasm to learn new technologies
- Capacity to identify problems, analyze test results, and investigating their cause and suggesting remedies to enhance software product quality.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks independently as well as collaboratively with team members in testing complex projects and taking ownership of product delivery and continuously improving QA processes.
- Consistently delivered results, on time, with proven track record for testing large and medium scale projects.
Testing Tools: QuickTestPro (QTP), Rational Test Suite, Rational Robot, Rational TestManager, Test Director, Quality Center, Bugzilla, WinRunner and LoadRunner.
Testing Concepts: QAFrame Work, OOPs, modular two/three-tier, functional, Black Box testing, White Box Testing, Regression, end-to-end and Sanity Testing, Unit Testing and System Testing.
Version Management Tools: PVCS, CVS, Rational ClearCase
Content Management System Tools: Axiom, Interwoven Teamsite, JIRA.
Test Tracking Tools: Quality Center, Mercury TestDirector, Rational TestManager, Rational ClearQuest.
Programming Languages: Java, C, C++, C#, SQL
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows 2000/NT 4.0/95/98/XP, Sun Solaris 7/8, Red Hat Linux.
Databases: DB2, MS SQL Server, TOAD, Sybase, Oracle 7.x /8.x /8i/11i/10G, Access, Solid, Excel
Confidential Fiber QA LEAD
Confidential, Mountain View, CA
- Performed manual and automation testing of Confidential application for TV system/ Confidential devices
- Created guidance of a Test Plan, Test cases and usability scenarios
- Setting up test environments by upgrade/downgrade server, updated Firmware and Network connection
- Create and run automation testing of Confidential application with release cycle in order to improve QA process efficiency
- API and Web services testing with help increase test coverage and accuracy
- Test application's integration with web server application
- Generated Test reports/Test Metrics such as Test completion, Test execution, Defect reports, Requirements traceability matrices for project progress and status reporting
- Testing of localized products and identifying and reporting issues, verify linguistic correctness of all UIs and applications
- Checking the localized version of product for that particular culture or local settings, verifying the UI problems caused by localization (i.e missing, mistranslated text, broken, duplicate or missing hot key, text truncation incorrect/missing icons etc)
Environment: Black Box and Unit testing, Xcode, Windows Phone 7, Selenium, iPad/iPhone/iPod, Android devices, Unix,QTP
- Handling multiple projects for True Value for the migration of the site content from MOL to AEM (Adobe Extended Manager) based on Content Management System.
- Use JIRA for the test scripts execution and defects under different releases.
- Used MKS Integrity Client for all BR’s and CR’s
- Handle the offshore team for the specific project and give KT and assign specific task for the project.
- Use VDI to access the site to be tested in the dev, test, pre-prod & prod environment.
- Handled multiple projects under Cross Currency Transaction System and Mass Payment System for the Western Union Business Solutions.
- Cross Training for Mass Payment enhancements for offshore teams and trained in API Calls using SOAP UI and currently implementing REST for new change in Mass payment changes.
- Used SQL Server for updating the payment upload and verifying the Mass Payment Data Base.
- Followed Agile Methodology for the testing process
- Used HP Quality Center for the test scripts execution and defects under different releases.
- Recently moved to JIRA for all testing activities.
- Used Version One for User Stories under multiple projects.
- Used MKS Intergrity Client for all BR’s and CR’s
- Provided Estimates, Project Test plans, Scenarios & Test cases and getting signed offs from Dev, BA & Business.
- Provided Support for weekend for both Major Production releases and smaller releases as well.
- Worked in Global Pay and Global Pay Plus order entry systems performing payments.
- Used RQS Rate Enquiry System for updating the rates for FXTrade for each payment
- Worked in Complaince based Systems as well.
- Worked in Couple BRs and updated them in MKS Intergrity Client.
Environment: HP Quality Center 10, JIRA, Version One, SQL Developer, SharePoint, SOAP UI, MKS Integrity Client, Excel, Word, Windows XP, Novell, Communicator, MS Outlook, Internet Explorer, Firefox. Microsoft Office.
Senior Test AnalystsResponsibilities:
- Executed numerous scripts for Register Billing Project under one of the 7 releases of Smart Grid Project.
- Mainly use 2 Different Oracle Applications - MDM (Meter Data Management) & CCB (Customer Care Billing) for customer billing and meter information for testing different estimation scenarios and performed calculations.
- Performed testing for the Estimation team during SIT & ORT and also performed E2E tests and smoke tests.
- Used HP Quality Center for the test scripts execution and defects under different releases.
- Performed Calculations and used excel macros for testing the estimation method of the billing release.
- Use SQL Developer to update and query results from the Meter Data tables for their readings.
- Archived all our Test Artifacts through SharePoint Portal.
- Connected with Oracle Server through Unix shell scripts.
- Followed Agile Methodology for the test process.
- Participated in our weekly Change Control Board (CCB) meeting for every new release.
- Created XML Files to create Data Cuts for the Digital Meter for billing testing purposes.
- Used LSM Generator (Macro) to Generate AMI Cuts for a given period.
- Interacted with Developers for each scenarios created under estimations and their calculations.
Environment: HP Quality Center 10, Oracle, SQL Developer, SharePoint, Primavera, Maximo, Excel, Word, Windows XP, Novell, Communicator, MS Outlook, Internet Explorer, Firefox. Microsoft Office.
- Experienced in writing Test Cases based on the Use Cases and FRD (Functional Requirements Document).
- Expertise in troubleshooting issues on Windows.
- Created and maintained SQL queries to perform back-end testing on the oracle database.
- Reviewed extensive SQL Queries with complex multi-table joins and nested queries.
- Involved in Facets Implementation and end to end testing of FacetsClaim Processing and Subscriber/Member module.
- Experienced in processing various EDI files and coordinated with Facets upgrade.
- Worked with Facets Medical/Hospital Claims Processing applications to process Medical and Hospital claims.
- Worked with the production support team and involved in the last phase of implementation process.
- Participated in testing Inbound and Outboundinterfaces of Facets.
- Worked with various applications in Facets like Medical plan and Providers application.
- Checked the validity of claims, eligibility, benefits, limits and deductible data scenarios in Facets.
- Experienced in testing variousETL data warehouse components.
- Worked on the Member Portal applicationto validate Member Eligibility and Benefits.
- Involved in the validation of EDI transactions such as 835 and 837following the HIPAA compliance
- EDI X12 standard formats.
- Developed detailed Test Plans and Test Cases and executed them in Quality Center.
- UsedRational ClearQuestto track all project related issues.
- Performed rigorous manual testing such Functional Testing, Smoke testing, Integration testing, Regression Testing, End to End Testing and System Testing.
- Used QTP to perform Functional Testing and Regression Testing.
- Performed Positive and Negative Testing manually.
- Tested theoperation of key Facets module involved in the processing of Claims including Benefits, Provider and members.
- Involved in the preparation of various EDI Claims and validated them in Facets System.
- Created several Test Cases and Test Conditions for testing various Claims, Membership, and Provider reports using Quality Center.
- Responsible for defect tracking and defect reporting using Quality Center.
Environment: Quality Center, SQL Server, QTP, Clear Quest, Rational Suite, Facets 5.3, Windows 2000, Oracle 12c, MS Office (MS Excel, MS Access, MS Word, MS PowerPoint).
Confidential, New York, NY
Test Automation EngineerResponsibilities:
- Involved in the execution of the overall Test strategy, ensured Test plans aligning with Test strategy.
- Involved in designing of Test scripts based on the System requirements from the business Analyst.
- Prepared Test Plan and conducted review of test plan with QA and Development team.
- Involved in working with Business Analysts, Programmers and Business users through the life cycle of the project.
- Prepared Test estimation and Test metrics documents using MS Excel.
- Involved in GUI, Functional, Regression, System, Integration, and User acceptance testing.
- Implemented HP ALM for Test Planning, Test Case writing, Test Execution and Requirement Mapping with Test Cases.
- Performed defect tracking and reporting using HP ALM.
- Performed black box testing on developer’s SQL code and wrote SQL verification scripts to test the result of deployment for correct business logic.
- Performed Back end testing using SQL Quires.
- Upgraded of Manual test scripts into HP ALM for automation using UFT.
- Created Scenario based scripts and screen based Scripts using UFT.
- Involved in Regression and System testing of the application using UFT.
- Reviewed the UFT scripts developed by the team members.
- Created Customs functions for some grids which are not recognized by UFT.
- Automated Integration and System test environments using VB script in UFT.
- Involved in meetings and walkthroughs and Responsible for weekly status.
- Responsible in conducting meetings between Onshore and Offshore teams to get the Test case execution done and discuss about any major roadblocks delaying the project.
Environment: HP UFT, HP ALM, JIRA, VBScript, PHP, Windows, Java, VB Script, DB2, Oracle, PL/SQL, HTML, XML.
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
- Involved in creating Test plans, Test cases and Test reports for various modules in the applications.
- Performed Use case reviews, Test scripts reviews and Executed of Test Scripts.
- Performed quality assurance reviews on all System Development Life Cycle.
- Performed Black box testing, System testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, and UAT testing.
- Implemented Quality Center in the project.
- Wrote the Test cases in Quality Center.
- Responsible for test execution and documenting the results in Quality Center.
- Involved in backend testing in database using SQL queries.
- Involved with testing team and creating Automation frame work using Quick Test Pro.
- Responsible for enhancing the Test script of application using Quick Test Pro.
- Inserted verification checkpoints, synchronization points, and parameterized data using Quick Test Pro.
- Performed Regression Testing with help of scripts written in Quick Test Pro.
- Performed UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Kept records of all bugs identified, producing progress reports on a regular basis.
- Preparation of Defect Summary report, Test execution report and Daily Status reports.
Environment: SQL, Java, J2EE, VBScript, VB.Net, Quality Center, QTP, Windows, UNIX, HTML, XML.