- Over 9+ years of extensive hands - on experience in diversified fields of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) specialized in Quality Assurance Process and Methodologies.
- Experience in developing end to end automation using Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, Junit/TestNG, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Cucumber, Web Services (REST, SOAP), QTP, Java and Python .
- Key expertise includes testing & debugging GUI & Multi-Applications environment & automated testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience in customizing Selenium API to suit in testing environment.
- Experience in developing and executing manual and automated tests in different platforms using Java and the Selenium library.
- Experience in performing Data driven testing to validate the components displayed on the website using Selenium.
- Strong experience in cross browser, cross platform web testing with Selenium Web Driver.
- Experience in writing Test Plans, defining Test Scenarios and Test Cases, developing and maintaining test scripts, analyzing bugs, interacting with development team and track the bugs till closure.
- Expertise in different types of testing including Functional, Positive, Negative, Regression, Integration, Black box, Volume, Load, Performance, System testing, User Acceptance, End-to-End Testing and Business Process Testing.
- Experience in providing the efficient locators strategy like XPath and CSS to run WebDriver script in stable condition.
- Strong experience with SOA architecture which include SOAP Web Service and RESTful Web Service Testing.
- Proficient in overall Defect Management/Problem solving including tracking bugs and reporting using Quality Center and Jira.
- Experience in developing and executing automation Regression testing and System testing using Selenium.
- Experience with working on multiple operating systems like Windows, Linux.
- Good programming skills in Java, Python, VB, SQL, PL/SQL and experience in SQL Server, Access and Oracle Databases.
- Extensive working experience in Agile (SCRUM) and waterfall methodologies.
- Proficient in using basic SQL queries to perform back end testing for data integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
- Ability to adopt to new methodologies, tools and technologies and domains depending on the job responsibilities.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, QTP, JUnit, TestNG, SOAP UI, Cucumber, Quality Center, HP ALM
Other Tools: Medidata Rave, Putty, JIRA, Version One, QC
Languages: C, C++ and Java
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, XSLT
Build Tools: ANT, Maven
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson
Methodologies: Agile and Waterfall
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2
Operating Systems: MS-Windows 95/98/NT/2000, VMware, Linux
Confidential,Cherry Hill, NJ
QA Tester (Selenium)
- Created Test plan, High level scenarios, test case construction and test estimates, resource estimates and weekly status reports.
- Performed functional and regression testing using Selenium and TestNG.
- Used Page Object Model, UI Mapping, Selenium Manager, Data Driven using CSV, CSS Selectors as a part of Framework.
- Involved in designing and implementing of hybrid automation framework to be used with Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed automation framework to test SOAP based Web service using TestNG.
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Used Maven for building the WebDriver project.
- Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Involved in creation of automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber. Parameterized test cases using different annotations.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment.
- Regression test cases were written and automated using Selenium WebDriver.
- Created TestNG test cases for the different web applications using Eclipse IDE.
- Performed Data-Driven testing by developing Java based library to read test data from Excel & Properties files.
- Extensively used Selenium (XPath and CSS locators) to test the web application.
- Created Selenium web-driver automation scripts using JAVA to validate functionality on various browsers.
- Reported software defects in Jira interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Analyzed test results, tracked the defects and generated reports using Jira.
- Implemented and worked on Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) agile methodologies completing releases ahead of schedule.
- Performed Browser Compatibility testing on different platforms and data validations for all reports using Selenium.
- Used SQL queries to extract data from the target tables to prove the data mapping.
- Coordinated with developers and product managers for product improvement with timely suggestions and helped resolving technical issues.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Cucumber, MVC, Soap UI, XPath, Eclipse, agile, Jira, SQL, Windows and Linux.
Confidential,San Francisco, CA
QA Tester (Selenium)
- Analyzed Business Requirements Documents to get better understanding of the system both on technical and business perspectives.
- Involved in planning, execution, testing and bug tracking of the application.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, Junit, Ant tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using Junit prior to agile release.
- Performed Cross-platform, Functional, Regression testing, UI testing for mobile app using Appium test automation framework.
- Involved in documenting and executing Test plans, Test cases and Test scripts based on baseline requirements.
- Used Selenium WebDriver for automating functional testing and to identify various critical points in applications.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver, Junit functions and JDBC Connections which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Application reaching thousands of agents throughout thirteen states. Developed functional/regression scripts utilizing Gherkin, Cucumber.
- Setup the Automation framework using Selenium WebDriver to run test cases in multiple browsers and platforms.
- Used Selenium WebDriver and Junit to run the parallel testing.
- Tested the security of the application using both Positive and Negative testing methodologies.
- Involved in working with Junit & Eclipse Conducted Java component testing using Junit test framework.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining automation acceptance test suite using Selenium, and Cucumber framework.
- Used ClearCase, Subversion for code repositories and ANT for the dependencies.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script. Created Project plan on Jenkins, configured scheduled using Cron job.
- Generated reports and graphs to analyze the test results.
- Reported software defects in Quality Center and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues. members.
- Worked with developers and users of the application to resolve usability issues during UAT.
- Communicated all the issues with the Development team using proper screen shots and steps to reproduce the defect using Test Director and re-tested the defects after they were fixed by performing Regression testing.
- Performed System, Integration, End to End and User Acceptance testing and monitored the applications behavior during different phases of testing.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Junit, ANT, Python, Jenkins, Cucumber, Gherkin, agile, Git, XPath, HTML, Java Script, XML, Quality center, Eclipse, JSON, Restful, SQL, Oracle, MS Office and Windows.
QA Selenium Tester
- Involved in setting up Selenium RC in the Test Environment, deploy and run the scripts in as part of the build and generate automated test reports for test runs.
- Worked on developing the automation scripts using Selenium RC with Junit Frame work.
- Developed Test Scripts for Automation of the web-based application in Selenium- Junit .
- Developed Junit tests for each Java based API in the Project and verified functionality by matching expected and actual output values.
- Designed automated tests, created automated test cases, test plans and executed tests using Selenium.
- Executed test scripts, analyzed test results, and report identified problems/bugs using Quality Centre.
- Used Selenium GRID to execute test cases parallel on different target machines.
- Worked on developing the automation scripts for back-end testing using Selenium and executed the Junit tests.
- Involved in executing all Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Involved in System-wide Integration, regression and Load testing.
- Performed active regression, load, stress, volume and performance testing.
- Worked in Manual and Automated testing of applications on Windows and UNIX/Linux Environment.
- Verified database test results using Toad.
- Clearly documented all the test cases and executing methods and techniques and uploaded all the requirements.
- Worked closely with Business teams and participated in Business Acceptance Testing (BAT).
- Actively participated in status report meetings and interacted with other team members for technical issues.
- Developed Test plans and Test cases based on business requirements of the applications.
- Created Test Cases in HP Quality Center, executed Test Cases and reported defects for all the modules in the project.
- Preformed testing using Agile/Scrum Testing.
- Developed positive and negative scenarios for GUI testing/validation.
- Conducted manual testing to test the overall functionality of the application.
- Involved in Service Oriented Architecture using SOAP UI Pro tool to test Web Services.
- Executed the Test Cases Manually and reported the defects using Quality Center.
- Performed Functional, Regression, Ad Hoc on Web based applications.
- Effectively used and developed the User and Custom controls by using ASP.NET and C#.
- Automates Smoke and Functional test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG.
- Developed automation test cases using TestNG framework and Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed test cases and tested them based on the Business Requirements, Test Scenarios and analyzed the actual results against the expected results.
- Attended weekly defect report meetings and presented progress updates.
- Coordinated with developers and system engineers to fix application defects.
- Implemented and worked on Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) methodologies completing releases ahead of schedule.
- Tested application compatibility for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath.
- Followed the decision tree table in creating the test cases as specified in the requirement document.
- Cross-Browser Testing both Manual and using Selenium.
- Executed various SQL Queries to perform the backend testing.
- Used JIRA as the defect-tracking tool. Updated JIRA with all the changes made to the test case and closed it when all the requirements were met as specified.
- Documented and updated production support team prior to application release.
- Performed Regression Testing with existing test cases and test scripts after fixing bugs in the applications.
- Participated in Weekly Project status meeting and involved in improving the testing Process .
- Analyzed business requirements, functional specification & required documents for Manual Testing.
- Analyzed system requirements specifications, developed test plans, test cases, and test data for testing the functionality, GUI, usability, user acceptance tests with both Positive and Negative Scenarios, especially focused on logical scenarios of the application.
- Reviewed project specs and worked closely with BA and Development for creating Test Cases.
- Executed scripts from Test Lab and Test Cases in Quality Center (QC), verified testing results against expected results and tracked defects.
- Involved in Troubleshooting complex setups to isolate and determine defect root cause.
- Tracked and logged defects and problem throughout the project life cycle.
- Used the project deliverables to determine testing requirements that define the testing to be developed and executed for the project.
- Ran Manual Test Cases & Scenarios, and defined user behavior, monitored performance, analyzed results.
- Wrote SQL queries for database backend testing, research and validation.
- Assisted the development teams on the analysis of defects and track them to successful resolution using test & defect management tool Quality Center (QC).
- Identified and reported defects through the standard process and documents set up by the project.
Environment: Windows, Oracle, Quick Test Professional (QTP), Test Director, MS Office, Quality Center.