- Over 6+ years of experience in the Quality Assurance and support in Client/Server, Web - based and SOA applications.
- Expertise in developing Test Plans, test case creation, Execution and Defect Reporting.
- Extensively involved in Manual and Automation Testing.
- Experience in various System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile and Waterfall.
- Knowledge of ISO, ANSI, IEEE standards and Software Development Models.
- Expertise in testing back end applications by writing SQL queries in Oracle and SQL Server.
- Good working knowledge of Mobile Testing using Android and iPhone/iPad.
- Extensively involved in GUI, Functional, Regression, Integration, System, Smoke, Sanity, User Acceptance, Black box Testing and Database Testing.
- Possesses excellent skills in Defect Coordination and Reporting using Clear quest, HP ALM, JIRA.
- Expertise in developing and maintaining test scripts with automated tools.
- Ability to work in tight schedules and on multiple applications concurrently.
- Strong team player, Self-motivated and dedicated, quick learner with a quest and zeal to learn new technologies and undertake challenging tasks.
Testing Tools: UFT/ QTP, Quality Center, ALM,Rational Clear Quest, JIRA, SOAPUI.
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, Citrix.
Languages: Java, Visual Basic, .NET, SQL, PL/SQL.
Web Technologies: ASP, JSP, HTML, XML.
Application Servers: BEA Web logic, IBM Web sphere.
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 and MS Access.
Version Control: Visual Source Safe, Clear Case.
Other software: MS office, Visio, Adobe, TOAD, XML Spy, SharePoint
Confidential, Lansing, MI
QA Tech Specialist III
- Interacted with the Product Owners, Business Analysts, Developers in understanding the User stories during the Product Backlog grooming and Sprint planning /review meetings as a part of Agile Environment for test planning and time estimations.
- As a QA Lead for AccidentFund.com, have involved in preparing the test plans, test cases and provided the high-level estimations for the completion of each user story.
- Performed Black box testing which includes Integration, functional, smoke, sanity, cross browser and regression testing.
- Helped the automation team by identifying the possible scenarios that could be automated for future use.
- Performed hands on Manual testing of the outstanding tasks also helped/ mentored the junior QA team in successfully performing their testing efforts.
- Extensively worked with marketing and sales teams during the Product functionality demos at the end of each sprint cycle for User Acceptance Testing.
- Actively interacted with the Development Team throughout the SDLC life cycle and helped them in preparing test data for their Unit testing in Dev Environment.
- Proficient in performing Documentation of new functionalities that are part of each sprint life cycle to help the new resources, marketing and sales for a future reference.
- Verified back end scripts by running SQL queries using SQL Server.
- Reported defects using JIRA and submitted defect analysis reports for any production issues by performing a root cause analysis.
- Participated in QA weekly meetings, daily stand Confidential scrum meeting, Sprint retrospection meetings to discuss and understand the challenges faced by the QA team during each sprint life cycle and or mentoring the team in regards to any process improvements that we need to follow.
- Actively involved in Production deployments during each 3week sprint Go-Live by performing database compatibility testing, smoke, and sanity testing on BOX1 deployment before the code base goes into Production environment.
- Helped AccidentFund team during the quick Hot Fixes as and when needed.
- Ran regression automation suite using QTP, before the Go-live.
- Actively involved in cross functional training to keep the cross functional teams aware of the latest changes that take place on the E-commerce side of AccidentFund.
Environment: .Net 2.0, VB, SQL Server, JIRA, HP Quality Center, SOAPUI, QTP, MS-Office, SharePoint, VSS.
QA Tech Specialist IIIResponsibilities:
- Worked with Business/Technical Analyst in analysis of T-Specs and Source-Target Mapping of ETL/Data warehouse applications of Data Transform
- Performed the data validation Producer & Agency information sent to VUE and Received by VUE using several queries in Sql Server database. validated the updated License and Appointment information from for Agency and producer in AIM application.
- Performed the Agency Relations business rules against the dataload.
- Identified & Reported any discrepancies in the data & exception report in between the data pulls.
- Data Mapping(src-Trg) has been used for the validation of business rules and data.
- Tested the following Data Mapping of DWH in ETL environment across all 3 Layers:
Validated from Landing Path to Staging layer by comparing the Unix Files against Stage tables to make sure data is loaded correctly.
Validated the data from Staging to Integration layer , by applying the transformation logic by filtering out the records and loading into tables.
Finally, validated data from Integration to Semantic layer the final Mart tables for business users on analysis of data and also used to generate reports and dashboards.
Performed Negative Validation, Count validation, Data validations based on the ETL Mapping Logic across ETL architecture.
Took part in Triage Meetings with the required parties after defect analysis to prioritize defect resolution.
- Worked with HPQC tool to input Test Cases , Execute Test Cases, Defect Log, Generating Traceability Matrix and Fetching the defect reports.
- Involved in Verification & Validation of Functional, Regression and System testing for different integration modules.
- Participated in UAT support by reviewing business test cases, assisting with UAT test data preparation
- Good knowledge and hand-on Experience in Guidewire ClaimCenter.
Environment: SQL Server 2008, SQL Server Management Studio, HP Quality Center 10.0, Guidewire ClaimCenter 5.0, AF AIM Application, MS Excel, MS Access 10.0 and Windows XP.
Confidential, Elgin, IL
Sr QA EngineerResponsibilities:
- Corroborated with Sales, Development and Business Users throughout the SDLC process and acted as a main point of contact for any future requests, enhancements, issues and workflow changes.
- Responsible for managing and performing the Quality Assurance needs for Healthware Systems’ Mobile and Web Products.
- Developed test plans and created test cases by reviewing functional, technical specs and Acceptance Criteria for Activeware Suite applications which are in client-server and web based applications.
- Documented test scripts and log defects in ALM.
- Performed initial Manual testing of the application to check its stability.
- Responsible for testing Active Encounter- Patient Registration system’s integration with Active Dashboard.
- Responsible for testing the downtime forms developed for Advocate, Provena, and SETON hospitals.
- Performed UAT,Black box testing including, functional, interface, regression and smoke testing.
- Automated the Web portion of the applications using QTP for regression testing.
- Performed Backend Testing using SQL queries and sub queries to check back end data and its data integrity.
- Extensively involved in web services testing using SOAPUI.
- Participated in defect meetings and actively worked with Development and Business teams to get a quick resolution of current open defects.
- Provided Management with test metrics, reports and schedules on as needed basis and participate in design walkthroughs and meetings.
- Responsible for performing UAT and helping the customer in any last-minute changes/requests.
- Actively interacted with the customers to understand the ongoing issues, responsible for documenting and analyzed the steps to reproduce to help developers fix the issues.
- Extensively used JIRA for managing sprint backlog to support Agile methodology (GrassHopper dashboard).
Environment: .Net, ASP.net, VB, ALM, JIRA, QTP, SQL Server, Visio, MS-Office, Quality Center, MS Excel, MS Word, VSS.
- Worked with Team Lead to understand the System requirements and involved in developing detailed Test Plan for the Ventra Mobile Web App.
- Extensively involved in mobile testing using Android and iphone/iPad.
- Written Test Cases, Use Cases and Linked Requirements to test cases using Requirement Traceability Matrix to ensure traceability throughout the testing cycle.
- Acquired a good understanding of the workflow from the capture through Data Entry stages until Process done.
- Performed initial Manual Testing to test the usability of the application.
- Defects were tracked and reported using JIRA.
- Actively participated in Status reporting meetings and interacted with Developers to discuss the functional issues.
Environment: Java, JIRA, Oracle, TOAD, Visio, MS-Office Tools, MS Excel, MS Word, VSS.