- Experienced in testing methodologies and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from Requirement analysis to User Testing.
- Interaction with Business Users, Development team, application support team as and when required in updating QA test environment, analyzing defects and follow up testing.
- Extensive experience in interface testing (API Testing) and ensured data and control between middleware and backend systems are working properly.
- Extensive experience in validating the Soap UI responses by editing the XML in the backend database to get the expected result. Validate WSDL, request and response XML. Added Assertions to validate the response XML with database.
- Extensive Experience in writing SQL queries to fetch data from Database systems (Oracle/db2/SQL Server).
- Manage the day to day testing activities for onshore/offshore associates in all phases of the QA Test life cycle for multiple implementations. Support fixes and change requests across multiple business platforms
- Used web - debugging tools like XPath, Firebug and Fire path to locate elements .
- Expertise in Selenium automation using Eclipse, Selenium Web Driver, Junit, TestNG, Selenium Grid, Maven, Ant,GIT and Jenkins.
- Expertise in working with the defect tracking tools like JIRA, HP/ALM QC, Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) and Team Foundation Server.
- Experience in the use and configuration in more Agile management tools (i.e. Jira, TFS, VersionOne, Rally)
- Mobile testing- Downloaded application software on test mobile device to test device compatibility. Accessed test application website to verify user functions for order entry, billing and account management workflows. Verified device page display which includes page resizing and device orientation (portrait and landscape).
- Involving in Testing and transferring legacy data into SAP system.
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) as well as software development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum, Iterative, Waterfall, etc.)
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN), TFS & GitHub
- Experience using Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins Build Server, Git/Stash, etc
- Testing voice quality and voice recognition functionality of IVR Systems
- Mobile Responsive design testing across devices using Browserstack with different resolutions . Used BrowserStack to emulate devices (Android, iPhone, iPad, etc.) and browsers (IE, Chrome, etc.)
- Extensively worked with Test Application, to test communications between the POS and the device without having to run live transactions. Worked on both mock-up as well as Production devices.
- Extensive experience of leading testing teams, creating Test plan, Test Strategy and working on the estimation of the testing activities in project . Created test documents like QA Status Report, QA Summary Reports, QA Test Logs , Test sign-off, Maintain issue and defect databases .
- Have a passion for continuous improvement and looking for ways to help teams become more efficient in what is being delivered.
- Proven track-record of delivering software on schedule and with high quality.
- Skills: Effective communication, going in depth of a problem, work collaboratively, knowledge sharing , achieving deadlines. Possess diverse skills assisting in providing multiple perspectives to solving problem. Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with stringent deadlines and changing priorities
QA Lead (Contract)
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
- Confidential is a big data transformation and reporting tool, used by auditors for massaging, transforming the raw data coming from clients and view analytics on the data to help clients make strategic decisions to boost up their business. Global Transformation team performs the auditing data transformation and presents the analytics to clients. This application has been deployed in 6 data centers across the globe.
- Interacting with BA & Architects and understanding the Requirements, Design and Architecture.
- Preparation of Test Plan and Strategy document for Big Data Analytics Work Stream Use Cases.
- Automated smoke testing using Selenium thus saving the manual efforts of team after every deployment. Developed a custom tool to perform Big data ETL validations which has been in use for most of the data integration projects and is resulting in 50% reduction in time for each data feed or data mapping validation.
- Participated in daily reviews, kick-off meetings, and defect triage meetings.
- Participate in backlog grooming, sprint planning, and sprint demos
- Analyzed User stories and identified/created Test scenarios, plans and test cases.
- Conducted demos for business users throughout the project to validate / refine user stories..
- Used MTM for execution of test cases and TFS for defect tracking.
- Delivered daily & weekly status reports, test execution reports to project manager.
- Participated in daily status meetings to report issues and communicated with developers through all phases of testing
- Interacted extensively with Product Owners and Subject Matter Experts to understand the Business Processes thoroughly.
- Directed the UAT effort with the Client and all 3rd parties involved as part of the testing cycle prior to a major release.
- Performed and directed Off shore teams during Functionality & Integration testing phases. Knowledge Transfer to Offshore team
Environment: HDFS, HBase, Hortonworks, Spotfire, DB Visualizer, Selenium, TFS,MTM, Java, ETL web services(Talend), Horton works Hadoop, Oozie workflows, Spotfire analytics, HIVE query language
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr.Test Analyst/ Onsite co - ordinator
- Day-to-day activities included sprint planning, backlog grooming sessions, daily scrum calls , making sure user stories are testable, requirements review, estimation, test planning, test cases, creating test data, test execution, troubleshooting, defect tracking, reporting, Configuration Management (CM), mentoring and documentation.
- Work closely with product owners, Scrum master, developers and designers to define, estimate, prioritize and track QA tasks and items
- Interacted with developers to resolve technical issues and investigated the bugs in the application.
- Deployed new builds into QA and UAT environments using Jenkins
- Performed batch automation testing using in-house tools. Created and executed test cases using xml files,GIT, Eclipse. Integrate the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Mobile testing includes testing various mobile devices to verify user experience of accessing loyalty and reward pages. Analyzed and validated rewards and loyalty applications and card services.
- Responsible to maintain the QA deployment status and regression analysis status on Confluence.
- Analyzed, wrote and executed test scripts per business requirements using ALM.
- Performed Amazon, Travel Merchant fulfillment API testing .
- Performed Web services automation using SOAP UI ..
- Performed Web application automation using Selenium and web drivers..
- Responsible for coordination of the UAT efforts with the Business users, which involved conducting training sessions and assisting the Business users in the Test execution
- Responsible to report the sprint execution tasks and time entries in JIRA.
- Lead QA sprint planning sessions to estimate points from user stories.
- Work with product owners to prioritize user stories/defects for release/iteration planning .
- Provide status to Product owners as part of sprint signoff.
- Improved QA processes and optimized QA productivity from 30% to 100% acceptance of user stories by product owners.
- Carryout out UAT and run demos for story acceptance .
- Manages the daily test activities for both on-shore and off-shore resources.
- Coordination with the offshore teams for review of Test cases and Test execution and resolution of the documented defects. Review progress toward Test Plan regularly with project Managers and appropriate team member off shore and on shore. Responsible for estimating the QA testing efforts for project and new initiatives.
- Able to work within Confidential 's defined Agile test and validation methodologies and best practices to ensure that all solutions meet or exceed company quality standards .
Environment: JIRA,Toad, Java MQ, ultra Edit,Oracle, Share Point,Snagit, QC,ALM,API,REST, Jenkins,Git,Kafka,Kibana, Eclipse, Stash,Confluence, Agile(SCRUM), OWSAP,SnagIT,SQL Sever,Postman, Winscp,Putty, TFS,MTM,WINSCP,Windows/Linux,JAVA,,DB2,.NET,Putty, Firebug,Rally, Chrome DevTools, Salesforce , Selenium, SOAPUI, Mobile testing, Digital Testing etc
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. Test Analyst
- Involved in writing Test plan based on Business Requirements and System Requirements Specifications.
- Review and analyze the business design documents and functional specification documents to understand the functionality and the requirements for the upcoming release.
- Testing mobile apps and virtual cards payments. Worked on projects for Apple pay and Samsung pay.
- Working with Agile Development Methodology and participation in daily scrum meetings.
- Meetings to document changes and implemented procedures to test changes.
- Preparing test plans, detailed test cases covering Front End and Back End test scenarios.
- Testing ATM machines transactions and using POS devices by doing transactions.
- Good interaction with developers, managers and team members to coordinate job tasks.
- Execute test cases and document defects for Mobile applications.
- Performed Web Service testing (JSON validations) using soapUI.
- Used Soap UI for creating new test suites and add test cases to the suite and for Auto-generation of test messages based on WSDL, checking for SOAP faults and validity of the schema and Management of endpoint URLs.
- Work independently and Co-ordinate with development team and Business Analyst team.
- Participated in requirement walkthroughs and creation of test plan.
- Designed projects using Provision, draw workflow and data flow models.
- Developed the software test plan and model Activity.
- Responsible for resting the Mobile applications across various platforms Android, IOS and Windows.
- Done regression testing and functional testing Using of QTP Integrated Environment (Step Generator, Synchronization, Actions, Recovery Scenarios and Methods etc.).
- Reported the activities to Project Managers.
- Developed Test Plans, Test Cases to test the Screens and workflows for Quality Assurance.
- Tested Enterprise level Java, Visual Basic, Sql server, Mainframe and Oracle.
- Responsible for test cases execution, defect logging and tracking of all issues using MTM and TFS
- Using QTP Parameterized the fixed values in checkpoint statements, created data tables for the parameters and wrote functions for the parameters to read new data from the table upon each iteration Performed Data-driven testing.
- Interfaced with developers to resolve the technical issues.
- Working as a QC/ALM Admin to generate different reports for the senior management; creating dashboards;
- Perform backend testing using TOAD to run queries against Oracle database.
- Designed and Developed Test cases in Quality Center Implementing Business Process Testing (BPT) methodology.
- Coordinate, and document User Acceptance Testing (UAT) activities and issues.
- Attended status meetings all over the SDLC including offshore team in Thailand.
- Mentor new team members regarding the testing process and the application.
Environment: SQL Server, JAVA,ETL, Report builder,SOAPUI,XML, Oracle, TOAD,Salesforce.com .NET,VB Script, QTP, TFS,MTM,HTML,PUTTY,CVS, Quality Center(ALM),VB, Coded UI Test, SQL Server, Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS), Analysis Services (SSAS), Selenium etc.