- Application Support Engineer with 10+ years of experience across a range of software in the Information Technology Industry.
- Proven ability to execute visions with business and technical acumen in team leadership, senior position, and engineer efforts.
- Ability to implement new concepts and applications Strong business, analytical, oral, and written communication skills to collaborate effectively with team members and greater ability to perform as a team.
- UNIX OS, UNIX Shell Scripting, LINUX OSWebLogic, Apache, Tomcat and JBOSS Application
- Web sphere Application Server 7.0, TIBCO 6.0, UNIX/ LINUX, SUN Solaris, WINDOWS NT
- Ticketing Tools like AR Remedy 6.03, Clear Quest, ITRACK, AOTS Change Management, Quality Centre, Rally, JIRA, WEBTRAX
- Putty Connection Manager, SWM, Jenkins, Tortoise SVN.
- Oracle Database 11G/ 12C
- PL/SQL, RDBMS Concepts
- Offshore/Onshore team management
- Corporate Communications
- Team Leadership
Application Support Engineer/Project Lead
- Coordination with Development team and Testing teams for various approvals.
- Building and installing the latest code on Dev/QC/PERF/PROD environments for various components using Jenkins build.
- Checking build and install logs to identify the issues for build failure.
- Modifying the build tool configuration to add new targets for new environments as per the different Releases.
- Starting and stopping the Admin and Managed servers.
- Patching different EARS and WARS on various environments.
- Bouncing the EAR from WebLogic Console.
- Configuration changes through WebLogic Console.
- Granting check - in access to developers for various OPUS repositories.
- Adding Jenkins jobs for various components to continuous build tool Jenkins.
- Building Individual Jenkins Jobs in order to identify the code errors at initial stage so that it can be reported to Development team on time so that they can fix it beforehand.
- Granting Access to users for Jenkins.
- Monitoring the Dashboard for various revisions installed on various environments for various components.
- Working on Environment Upgrades as per the new Release.
- Branch Creation for new Releases.
- Code Merging and dealing with development team to resolve the conflicts if any.
- Applying Hotfixes to various environments from time to time after development provides the fix.
- Day to day troubleshooting and dealing with development team to fix the issue.
- Deployment coordination with defect managers, testing teams and development teams to schedule the Production Activity.
- Preparing Deployment Plan and getting Change Request approval and sharing it with all the involved teams.
- Providing Knowledge Transition to newly joined resources for day to day activities.
- Coordination between offshore and Onshore and set up Weekly Meetings.
- Automation of existing processes.
- Understanding and analyzing system requirements docs HLD and SR and participate in review discussions of the same.
- Involved in writing test strategies and detailed test plans for each application release.
- Providing Test Estimations, creation of Test Plans, environment and creation of Test data
- Executing test scripts and documents defects for test scripts where the actual results do not successfully meet expected results.
- Work closely with development and project team members to ensure proper test coverage for all functionality.
- Involved in maintaining Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Testing the AT&T Uverse mobile app in ipad and iphone
- Performing API Testing for the APIs included in the functionality based on expected results.
- Monitor and analyze back end logs in case of errors using Putty.
- Writing SQL queries to perform back end testing
- Preparing Test Reports to be sent to be clients on a weekly basis.
- Reporting the bugs/defects onto Clear Quest and performing Defect Reporting activities.
- Executing functional as well as Regression Test cases based and updating Test Results in HP QC.
- Raising defects based on the failing Test Cases by correctly identifying the severity of the defect.
- Performing Test Case clean up and Sanity Testing.
- Conducting Show & Tell sessions for stakeholders and UAT
Middleware Application System AdminResponsibilities:
- Understanding E2E Business requirements for clients; working on the process to be implemented for achieving this.
- Change & Release Management- Raise/Review/Monitor changes requests as appropriate; deploying the builds on test servers for testing purposes and finally on live servers, after the approval from all stakeholders.
- Providing post-implementation Maintenance support to client for application / software.
- Problem and incident management- proactively review incident trends and report recurring issues to Problem Management, fixing them within agreed SLAs.
- Responsible for building new Environments and handling/monitoring the existing environments.
- Daily Build installations for various Test and Dev Environments for testing purposes and finally on live servers, after the approval from all stakeholders.
- Upgrade Existing Environments.
- Timely delivery of code push.
- Preparing Scripts for Automatic deletion of older logs.
- Preparing Production work plans and staging work for periodical releases.
- Doing TIBCO upgradation on related Linux servers.
- Following up with Alerts for daily troubleshooting Issues.
- Deployment of EAR & WAR files on Web Sphere Application Server and Network Deployment Manger
- Configuring Web Sphere resources like JDBC providers, JDBC data sources, connection pooling.
- Package, build, Integrate, and deploy enterprise J2EE applications that involves EAR (Enterprise Archives) and WAR (Web Archives).
- Administration & Support activities.