- Having 8 years of QA experience in Manual/Automation Testing of Web/Mobile apps and client with specializing in Software Quality Assurance Testing, QA Automation Engineer proficient in testing on Web based and Mobile Applications and Client/Server.
- Extended experience in Systems Testing, Integration Testing, Smoke Testing, UAT Testing, Functionality Testing, Performance Testing, API Testing, Regression Testing and Compatibility Testing of Web and Client server based Applications.
- Experience in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Bug life Cycle and Methods like Waterfall, V - model and Agile.
- Used Middleware Testing to provide for communication across heterogeneous platforms.
- Good knowledge on Healthcare, Banking, Retail, Logistics, Public and E-commerce domains.
- Expertise in Manual Testing and Automation Testing and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Proficient in Java and have sound knowledge on OOPs (Object Oriented Programming) concept.
- Experienced with SOA, Web Services, SOAP, Soap UI, RESTFUL, WSDL technologies.
- Experienced in using Test Management tools HP Quality Center(QC) and HP ALM.
- Strong knowledge in object oriented analysis and design of PERL.
- Experience in understanding the code written in different programming languages VB Script, Java Script and databases like Oracle, SQL.
- Extensive experience in using automated tools like Ruby Cucumber test framework for Client/Server, Web and database applications.
- Experience in automation tools like QTP, HP UFT and extensively used QTP integrated environment like Data Table, Actions, and Recovery scenarios.
- SOA Testing, Validation and Virtualization, Extended Web Services Tests in a Low -impact way using CA LISA.
- Proficient as Mobile App Tester in testing mobile native & hybrid applications on iOS and Android Platforms using Appium tool.
- Involved in setting of QA Test environment with simulated POS test environment.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology along with Automation Tools and Protractor.
- Experienced in SQA (Software Quality Assurance) including Manual and Automated testing with tools such as Selenium WebDriver/IDE/RC/Grid, HP Quick Test Professional and Junit/TestNG, LoadRunner.
- Worked on ETL testing tools to makes sure that ETL application reports invalid data and replaces with default values.
- Extensive experience with Version Controls Tools like SVN, TFS and GitHub.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, IBM Clear Quest, BugZilla.
- Developed test scripts to automate process of testing in Protractor WebDriverJS.
- Created and Maintained Server side Integration Test using Python and Selenium Webdriver.
- Experienced in load and performance testing tools JMeter and LoadRunner.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills along with a good attitude for learning.
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver/IDE/GRID/RC 2.4, Mercury QTP, HP Quality Center, Jmeter, Cucumber, Firebug, FirePath, Fitnesse, Soap UI, Coded UI, CA LISA, Microsoft Visual Studio, JBehave, Android Studio, HP UFT and IBM RFT.
Frameworks: Junit, TestNG, Appium, TDD,ATDD,BDD, Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid and Modular Frameworks, JBehave, ATF (Automation Test Framework), Page Object Model, and Backend Testing.
Testing: Integration, Functional, Regression, Smoke, Performance and Load Testing, Manual Testing, Black Box and White Box Testing.
SOA Technologies: SOAP, REST, WSDL, UDDI, Web Services and SOAP UI.
Bug Tracking Tools: HP Quality Center, HP ALM, Bugzilla, Visual Studio TFS, JIRA and Bamboo.
Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, V-model, Spiral and Waterfall.
Build/ CI Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Gherkins and Hudson.
Databases Technologies: MS SQL Server 2008/2012,OLAP and OLTP, Oracle, MS Access, TSQL, Oracle PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, Datastage, TOAD, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader,DB2 and MYSQL.
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac, UNIX and Linux.
Firefox Add-ons: XPath and Firebug.
Networking Protocols: HTTP,FTP,SNMP and SSH,TCP,UDP and ICMP
Senior QA Automation Engineer/ Mobile Tester
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Proactively participated in preparation of Master test plan, test scenarios, test cases, QA metrics and mentoring the team in testing methodologies.
- Involved in Creation of test automation framework using Selenium WebDriver, Page Object model (POM) using Data Drive Framework for further test creation and execution.
- Extensively involved in identifying the test cases to automate and automation of test cases using Selenium WebDriver, JUNIT, TestNG and Java.
- Followed ATDD methodology for writing acceptance and end-to-end (E2E) testing.
- Executed unit testing for every build release using Junit.
- Involved in cross browser and cross platform testing to test the application compatibility.
- Implemented mobile automation framework using APPIUM.
- Developed automation test Scripts to test iOS and Android platforms, used emulators and simulators to test the application virtually.
- Used perfecto tool to run the scripts in mobile devices and desktop.
- Maintained and executed Maven build files for running automated tests, manage project's build, report and documentation across the network.
- Contributed to the Continuous Integration pipeline running component builds, creating and running.
- Deployment jobs on individual stages on Jenkins, and running automated and manual functional tests.
- Used GitHub as code repository and Code Collaborator to manage code reviews.
- Performed BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions in Gherkin format.
- Documented software defects, and bug tracking using HP ALM, and report defects to software developers .
- Performed black-box testing, white-box testing, integration testing and regression testing on the applications.
- Involved in web service testing/REST API testing using postman.
- Created automation scripts in SOAP UI using Groovy Script to test the web services (SOAP and REST).
- Recorded JMeter user scripts implementing parameterization both manually and by data driven wizards in JMeter.
- Created JMeter scripts to perform the load, volume, stress and capacity testing.
- Used SQL Queries to retrieve the data from the table and to perform Backend Testing.
- Developing SQL Queries/SQL Procedures to test data load.
- Performed (UAT) User Acceptance testing exclusively in an agile environment.
- Played a key role in production releases and perform UAT test of the system.
- Followed Agile methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverables.
- Developed Manual Tests by analyzing product requirements and use cases as well as technical design and implementation artifacts to create test cases that execute the specific product functions.
- Contributed to Team Effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Prepared reports by collecting and summarizing information to include providing accurate data for project reporting as well as a weekly personal status report to in the assigned template format.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Junit, Eclipse, Protractor, white box, grey box, black box, Cucumber, Ruby, Jenkins, JIRA, Java, JBehave, Java Script, JSON, Perfecto, SOAPUI, groovy, SQL, BDD, Maven, Data Driven and Key Word Driven Frameworks, ATDD, HTML, XML, Appium.
Senior QA Analyst
Confidential, Kansas city, MOResponsibilities:
- Prepared automation test scripts to validate the functionalities using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG using Java .
- Experienced in designing customized Hybrid framework, Keyword Driven, Data Driven & POM in order to make maintenance process much easier and achieve efficiency, re-usability and accuracy across applications.
- Expertise in designing, developing, deploying and supporting of Service Virtualization by using CA LISA DevTest.
- Implemented open source tool Appium, Selenium Web Driver to perform cross browser and cross platform web/Mobile testing .
- Experience with working in short sprints in an Agile Scrum software development model.
- Maintained the Selenium & Java Automation Code and resources in source controls like Jenkins for improvements and new features.
- Created web UI tests using testing tools like Cucumber, Gherkin, Selenium WebDriver (tests written in ruby ).
- Worked closely with Teams to create Acceptance Test Driven development (ATDD) test suite using Ruby and Cucumber .
- Coordinated efforts between product development teams and offshore enterprise test team. Standardized QA standards and practices across teams where possible. Involve in BDD framework using cucumber.
- Logged the errors, reported defects, determined repair priorities and tracked the defects until resolution using JIRA.
- Usage of Ruby, cucumber in project to create and validate the test cases.
- The entire Ruby scripting done using Cucumb er framework Wrote and executed SQL queries to verify the data updates to various tables and ensure data integrity.
- Utilized SVN repository in order to perform efficient remote team working. Checked in all tested PL/SQL code in SVN and maintaining versions of PL/SQL codes.
- Experienced integrating server side java code with UI components using JSON, XML and used AJAX & JSON communication against RESTful web services.
- Involved in Installing Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Used JDBC to invoke Stored Procedures and database connectivity to Oracle .
- Written several SQL queries and analyzed them to validate the business rules in Oracle database through SQL Developer as part of Backend testing.
Environment: Selenium Web driver, TestNG, Hybrid Framework, ATTD, CA LISA, HP ALM QC, TestNG, POM, Cucumber, Jenkins, SOAP and REST, JSON, XML, Appium, Oracle, SQL, SVN, PL/SQL, ruby, HP QC/ALM.
Software QA Analyst
- Analyzed the SRS and Design documents, Test cases preparation, executing tests, and Bug reporting using MS TFS.
- Creating Test Requirements Specification documents, Complete Test plan and Test Result documentation.
- Involved in every stage of SDLC, Agile Process, Business Process Design and Implementation.
- Performed functional, UI, regression test scripts using Coded UI using C#.
- Developed and Automated UI, regression, acceptance and priority1 functional tests of this windows application using C# scripting in Test Complete.
- Used Selenium IDE to perform Smoke testing to ensure that application is ready to test.
- Developed user controls, custom controls using Asp.Net and C# and were effectively used.
- Developed coding in C# and Selenium RC and Built Automation framework using C# for client services.
- Performing Regression test using automated testing tool Selenium.
- Managing the onsite and offshore Automation teams &Executed automated scripts on different environments by using Selenium.
- Used HPE LoadRunner to test the application performance under load.
- Created Performance Test Strategy for the project scaling up to 5000 users, including the user scenarios and load weight age (user load) distribution.
- Performed Functional, Integration, regression, positive, negative and UAT testing.
- Worked with SOAP Web services, XSD, XML, WSDL tools to integrate the application with DS
- Web services testing using SOAPUI (Get Method, POST Method)-SOAP and Restful (JSON) in Java.
- Used Python for dynamically generating property list for every application. Automated data movements using python scripts . Creating core python API which will be using among all modules.
- Generated Python Django forms to record data of online users and used PyTest for writing test cases. Developed and Consumed RESTful APIs for web applications using Python.
- Involved in defect reporting, defect tracking and defect reproducing using MS TFS.
- Performed end-to-end(e2e) testing of application and also verified compliance for software quality standards of the organization.
- Implemented Selenium Grid to run Regression Tests on multiple platforms and browsers in parallel.
- Coordinated with upper management daily regarding the status on the execution of Test Cases (How many Test Cases failed/passed, status of the site).
Software QA Analyst
- Analyzed project requirements, design documents and provided constructive feedback and Analysis of the existing Application and its Business Requirements.
- Used QTP for functional and Regression testing of the application to make sure business processes work as intended and developed VB scripts.
- Effectively managed & mentored Test Automation Team using QTP, LoadRunner
- Developed application using waterfall methodology throughout the project.
- Wrote various complex SQL Queries for backend/ETL testing.
- Developed automation scripts in Quick Test Professional (QTP) to automate smoke and regression testing and automated test data load for every build cycle.
- Parameterize the scripts in QTP to run the scripts for varying form data.
- Modify Object Repository to help QTP identify GUI objects. Enhance the scripts in QTP using VBScript.
- Created Keyword Driven framework in QTP to be reused across multiple functionalities. Use this framework in Regression Suite.
- Developed and maintained various re-usable libraries in QTP using VBScript.
- Extensively used descriptive programming in QTP to handle dynamically changing screens without manually changing the script.
- Integration with content management, Web Services and Database functionalities (XML, SOAP UI).
- Used Soap UI for functional testing and verifying the Request and response XML and Schemas at respective locations.
- Performed manual testing exhaustively on the whole application before going for the automated testing.
- Generated automated scripts for the dynamic pages using Descriptive programming and Shared Object Repository Model in QTP 10.0 version. Enhancing the QTP scripts by doing unit testing on the scripts before creating the scenario based tests in Test-Lab Module of QC.
Environment: QTP 10, Quality Center, Jira, SQL Server, XML, MQ Series, Web Spear, MS - Team Foundation Server, Waterfall Methodology.
QA Engineer/ Manual Tester
- Understanding the business requirements and reviewing the Business Requirements.
- Performed Static testing of the SRS, Use cases and the EUIDs with respect to various Online and Mobile platforms.
- Performed Preparing and reviewing Test Cases, and Traceability Matrix.
- Executed across multiple Operating systems and browsers combinations.
- Exhaustive Mobile and Tablet Application testing across Multiple Mobiles (i.e., various mobile platforms like Android, IOS, Windows and RIM).
- Extensive use of SQL and DB2 to extract data from the database.
- Experience using SQL query builder and schema browser in Toad
- Knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of V Methodology and Software Test Life Cycle (STLC).
- Implemented Security Testing (Authorization Testing, Access Control Testing).
- Imported existing test cases from Excel sheet to QC (Quality Center) & completed the in order to execute Functional/SIT/ regression test cases.
- Prepared Defect Report by using Quality Center as per severity and Priority.
- Designed Test cases and executed Test cases and reported the Bugs using Quality Center.
Environment: JAVA, JSP, WebLogic, HTML, SQL Server 2005, and Windows 2003, Mercury Quality Center