- About 7+ years expertise in Black Box, User Acceptance, Functional, Regression, Integration and Web Services Testing
- Hands on experience in Waterfall and Agile (SCRUM) Methodologies, attended walkthrough and standup meetings with Project managers, Developers & QA leads
- Having experience as a Software Quality Engineer actively participated and contributed in all phases of SDLC using Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Expertise in Requirement Analysis, Test Plan formulation, Test Design and Test Automation
- Extensively experienced in Software QA performing Manual and Automated Software Testing, writing Test Plans and Test cases using various Automation Tools.
- Expertise in developing end to end automation using Selenium Web Driver/IDE/Grid, Junit/TestNG, ANT, Maven, Hudson/Jenkins, Behave, Web Services (REST, SOAP).
- Experience in using particular expertise in Page Object and Data Driven frameworks
- Proficient in using Quality Center, Rally, JIRA, Clear Quest, Bugzilla.
- Ability to accurately Log defects, Escalate Issues, Risks and provide accurate management reporting using defect logging tools like Jira and Rally
- Performed functional testing of the mobile web applications manually and using Selenium Drivers on Mobile (Web), Native Apps (iPhone, Android, iPad)
- Involved in preparation of Software Metrics, Defect Report, and Weekly Status Reports.
- Experience of working through tight deadlines in a mature complex testing environment
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills and an inclination to adapt new technologies available in market.
- Professional experience in designing Test Plans, Test Cases and maintaining them.
- Performed Database Testing, Validation on Oracle, MS SQL Server, and have written SQL queries using tools like Toad.
- Ability to think from a customer viewpoint and understand the complexities of the business.
- Proactive team player with a positive attitude combined with excellent communication skills, always wanting to upgrade to new technologies
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/IDE/Grid, JUnit, TestNG, Soap UI, QTP, iPad, iPhone and Android, SOAP UI
Defect Tracking: JIRA, Rally, Bugzilla, Quality Center, Assemble
SDLC Methods: Waterfall, Agile SCRUM Methodologies
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, SQL developer, Toad
Operating Systems: MAC, MS Windows, LINUX, UNIX, Sun Solaris, Android & iOS
Build Tools: Maven, Jenkin, Ant, SVN, Hudson
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Created detailed test cases by understanding the business logic and user requirements for manual testing using Quality Center
- Actively involved with SCRUM iteration planning & sprint meetings, managing product backlog, removing obstacles to progress, re - allocating resources where necessary, prioritizing & review milestones accomplishments
- Performed Functional testing, Regression testing, UI testing, and Integration testing of the application
- Developed automation test suites and test cases using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG and Maven
- Extensively used Selenium (XPath, ID and CSS locators) to test the web application
- Contributed in developing Automation Framework that uses Java, Selenium Web Driver and TestNG. Framework implements using Data Driven, Page Objects Automation Framework, WebDriver2 and TestNG, JXL, Log4j and JDBC technologies
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium WebDriver2 and Continuum/Jenkin
- Done SOA testing for Payments API's using SOAP UI and Java framework for Web services testing
- Tested request and response XML's based web services interfaces using SoapUI
- Experience with Assertions like Schema Compliance, XPath and SOAP responses
- Created and Executed the test cases for iPhone, iPad, Android Devices
- Functional and Cross Browser Testing of Defined Browser Stack of the site experience
- Developed new Test Cases for every sprint and working with developers to automate their feature
- Developed SQL queries to query database to test backend process of application during End-to-End testing
- Created Traceability Matrices, Test and Bug Reports and other Test related documents
- Implemented Regression and Smoke tests execution as separate step of deployment process
- Involved in System Integration and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on later stages on SDLC
- Provided weekly status report to project manager and team lead, worked closely with Business and Development teams
Senior QA Engineer
- Reviewed Functional Requirement Specifications and created test based on test scenarios drawn from functional requirements
- Developed Test Plans, Test cases, Test Scripts, Test strategy, Test Scenario, Test Reports
- Performed tests for Functionality, Regression, Security, GUI, End to End, System, Configuration and Backend
- Developed test cases, designed test steps and associated the corresponding requirement.
- Performed testing of software web applications like Functional, Integration and Regression testing using Selenium Automation Tools including Web Driver.
- Extensively used Selenium Locators like ID, Name, Identifier, Link Text, Xpath, CSS.
- Used Firebug for capturing various XPaths/IDs.
- Actively participated in framework design and developed Page Object Model (POM) framework with Page Factory using Test NG and JXL
- Created and Maintained pom.xml files for getting artifacts related
- Validated Web services using REST Client by testing JSON request and response data from web services.
- Used JIRA to track bugs and issue management.
- Attended daily defects triage meetings to discuss status and report the test cases of each different testing, and also discussed issues and advancements needed for the project.
- Involved in writing of modification reports for errors identified in testing and clearly communicated with development via defect tracking system using Quality Center.
- Conducted system testing for applications to ensure requirements are met and defects are managed.
- Communicated with management, customers and other stakeholders for updates and to resolve issues.
- Joined as a Software QA Engineer and responsible for testing web based applications using Selenium tools.
- Interacted with Business Analysts for requirement gathering.
- Involved in Design and Implementation of Business Logic functions and Technical requirements.
- Responsible for defining Testing Scope, Approach, Strategy, Test Entrance and Exit Criteria.
- Performed automated testing using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, SoapUI on various applications
- Performed Functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium WebDriver on different module of corporate web site.
- A very good understanding of programing language Java and its Object Oriented Concepts.
- Interacted constantly with Developers and QA leads to write Test Cases and Plans in the most effective way possible.
- Involved in writing SQL queries using Toad for retrieving and manipulating Databases.
- Performed Front end GUI testing of the application which includes testing correct error message, color scheme, scroll bar, tool tip, font consistency, spellings, tab index, working of links, correct values in combo box, Help manual, shortcut keys, Boundary Analysis.
- Design and develop Functional, Load Test frameworks and automated Test suites (Selenium WebDriver with TestNG).
- Developed generic Selenium API to be reused by different teams.
- Worked on Page Object Model framework in particular to encapsulate the internal state of web page to a single page object.
- Use Firebug for the web based application testing with Selenium WebDriver for the commands and locator applications.
- Preparation of Weekly Status reports and attending weekly project status meeting to provide testing status.
- Used JIRA as a mode to log bugs and communicate with managers and developers with issues regarding closure of bugs.
- Worked in the Agile Development Environment with frequently changing requirements and features set.
- Participated in software requirements and implementation design reviews and attending Scrum Kickoff meetings, Product Backlog in Agile software development.
Environment: Java, Selenium IDE/WebDriver, JUnit, TestNG, JIRA, XML, HTML, SQL Server, Eclipse, Net Beans, SOAPUI, Agile (Scrum) Methodology, Page Object Model Framework.Confidential, Mountain View, CA
- Involved manual testing of various test cases with respective test scripts on Selenium and generate analysis report with Quality Center.
- Parallel interaction with development team and members of Quality Assurance team for cross checking the correctness of the test results.
- Data Validation and testing using SQL with Oracle and Toad.
- Responsible for Functional, Integration, Performance, System and Regression (manual & automated) testing efforts
- Managed Software Testing function - Prepared & maintained test plan, test strategies, Entry and Exit criteria, Test Automation Implementation, Risk Identification, Prioritization and Mitigation, Defect Management plans/process
- Validated SOAP based web services using SOAP UI
- Helped in Project Management - Proposal Development, Estimation, Planning, Tracking, Resource traceability & skills matrix, knowledge management, delivery of team working in onshore - offshore delivery model.
- Responsible for Prevention Activities for continuous improvement in Quality & Productivity of deliverables
- Used Quality Center for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes and update bug status.
Environment: SQL, Oracle, Quality Center, HTML, Java Script, XML, XPATH, Web Services, SOAP UIConfidential, Sunnyvale, CA
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Specification, System Requirements Specification and User Interface Specification documents.
- Developed Test Plans, Test scenarios, Test Cases.
- Performed Defect tracking in Quality Center. Designed scripts in Test Plan, and performed execution in Test Lab. Generated daily execution reports from Report Module in QC.
- Involved in setting up different configuration environment for compatibility testing and manual testing.
- Performed ad-hoc, Functional, Regression, Integration and Compatibility Testing of Web-based eApplication.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the Test Director for all the defects found during functional and regression testing and follow up of the bug life cycle.
- Carried out extensive Backend Testing to ensure proper backup and restoring of data by Writing SQL queries using Management Studio Tool.
- Maintained Test Logs and Test Summary Reports.
Environment: Quality Center, HTML, Java Script, CSS, Eclipse, Oracle, Windows, UNIX/LINUX