Seeking to grow and maintain a multi - decade career in IT with experience in multiple specialty areas including: software applications development; software quality assurance; database administration; technical writing, training and technical support. Continuous learning and flexibility is key to a long history and steady career progression in I.T., always learning to expand my base of skills and knowledge in all specialties.
Development: .NET Frameworks 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5. Visual Studio.NET 2000 - 2013, C#, VB.Net, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, LINQ, Entity Framework, nHibernate, WinForms, WPF, WebForms, MVC, MVVM, nHibernate, WCF, Web Services, .NET Remoting, Prism/Unity, Castle Windsor, RhinoMocks, IIS 6-8, ASP.NET Ajax library, TFS, GitHub, VSS, Telerik Kendo, Infragistics, ReSharper, NuGet,Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, modified Scrum), task estimation, business analysis, code re-factoring, issue tracking, mentoring, group lead, project tracking and reporting.
QA: Silk Test Workbench 14, MS-Test, Mercury/HP Interactive, QA Robot, SpecFlow, behavior-driven development (BDD), test-driven development (TDD). test strategies, test plans, functional specifications, unit testing, integration testing, performance and load testing, smoke testing, bug and work item tracking, QA Lead responsibilities, test harness programming and development, manual testing, automation testing, scripting VBScript, VB.Net, Unix shell scripting.
Database Administration: T-SQL, PL-SQL, SQL Server 6.5, 7, 2000, 2005, 2008 (R2), 2012, 2013, SSMS, SSRS, SSIS, DTS, RedGate tools, Access 97-2005, Oracle Server 7.3- 11g, Sybase, MySQL, Visual FoxPro, ERwin, Visio DaVinci (ERD), stored procedures, triggers, user-defined functions, SQL agent, Windows Task Manager (database operations), STIG (Security audit process), backup and recovery, server tracking, database tracking, mirroring, replication, tuning
Confidential, Atlanta, GAQuality Assurance and Database Specialis
- Agile SDLC environment web development and maintainenance software as a service (SAS) railcar maintenance and repair billing products on Windows platform.
Confidential, Knoxville, TNQuality Assurance and Database Specialis
- Agile SDLC environment web development of new health insurance exchange portal and web application.
Confidential, Chevy Chase, MDQuality Assurance and Database Specialis
- Web application development for auto insurance internal applications. Agile/Scrum SDLC. Code reviews.
- Transitioning mainframe interfaces and back-end code to service interfaces interfacing to mainframe to new, optimized architecture and design patterns for multi-systems initiative for Client data applications (Sales, Customer Service, Claims, Policy Management and Underwriting).
- Unit and integration tests written. Code reviews performed.
Tools: .Net 4.5, Visual Studio.NET 2013, SQL Server 2013, C#, TFS, Sonar Code Metrics Analyzer, IOC, TFS, JIRA.
Confidential, Washington, DCQuality Assurance and Database Specialis
- Maintenance and re-design of in-house HR data transform application s vs. Cornerstone HR-Benefits package. Interactive video training and certification modules under web platform.
Tools: ActiveDirectory API, Cornerstone API, and UltiPro Suite API. C#, VB.NET, iMIS. .Net 4.0, Visual Studio 2013. Agile Scrum SDLC methodology/environment.
Software Quality Assurance
- Designed and built a suite of automated regression SQA system integration test scripts and driver/harness for web portal application and back-end reporting and batch processes. Close interaction with Lead Technical Analysts on development team.
- Extensive design analysis and documentation of automation process for variety of application test areas and an overall SQA automation framework.
Tools: Borland SilkTest Workbench v.14 automated test tool and IDE. Scripting langage VB.Net. Extensive use of Microsoft Office Interop API for processing of Office format (Excel) data and report files.
Confidential, SAQuality Assurance and Database Specialis
- New design, development¸refactoring of existing application code modules for Confidential safety investigation and audit field work. Field-based application, smart client architecture.
- Requirements gathering, business analysis, use cases developed for Confidential compliance, documentation.
- Multi-tier development.
- Unit testing of application code with nUnit and SpecFlow (BDD). Application formatting and design to ensure compliance with 508 Standards for disability compliance with user interface forms and control elements.
Tools: .NET 4.0, Visual Studio.NET 2012, Expression Blend 10, C#, MVVM, WPF4, Castle Windsor (IOC), Caliburn Micro (MVVM libraries), ActiPro WPF Studio, ReSharper, Versant db4o (object-oriented database)
- Business Analytics, reporting and charting application - Web SAAS application
- Design and development work in database tier of existing business intelligence software product.
- Worked with multiple data sources including MySQL, SQL Server, Excel, Google Analytics and Salesforce API.
- Service oriented architecture with heavy emphasis on data acquisition and load performance. Built interfaces to complex front-end architecture.
Tools: MVC 4, MVVM, JQuery, KnockoutJs, AngularJs, Bootstrap. Agile Scrum SDLC methodology.
- Design and development of Windows desktop-based application for Telegram/Cable processing.
- Utilized MVVM design pattern for Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) architecture
- Database programming with LINQ and Oracle 11g RDBMS. Service layer developed.
Tools: C#, LINQ, WCF, WPF, MVVM, GalaSoft Libraries for WPF/Silverlight Prism and Unity Frameworks,MS-Test (unit testing) RhinoMocks framework for unit testing, Visual Studio.NET 2010, Subversion VCS, Oracle 11g, PL-SQL.
- Re-design of segments of TOPS Policing portal. Web-based application development and maintenance.
Tools: C#, ASP.NET, .Net 4.0, SQL Server 2008 R2, Stored procedures, LINQ, MVC 3 and WebForms.