- Experienced manual and automation QA engineer with 9+ years in both web based and client/server applications.
- Experience in full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), in - depth knowledge of contemporary QA/test principles, methodologies.
- Efficient in analyzing System Requirements, Use Cases and other documents to gain overall understanding of the new application to determine the appropriate level of testing required and designing end-to-end testing framework that supports both manual and automated.
- Experience in designing and executing exceptional modularized reusable automated scripts using - Quick Testing Professional (QTP), Selenium IDE, VB Script
- Involved in execution of all stages of Quality Assurance Life Cycle (QALC) & SDLC in both waterfall and agile methodology.
- Strong experience in test planning and test case documentation / scripting
- Expertise in manual, functional, system, integration, regression, cross-browser & automated testing.
- Performed testing on different environment including Desktop, tablets and Mobile Devices(Optimized site)
- Have extensively used / referred to BRD, FRD, workflows, solution designs, and architecture / solution diagrams to create the test plans.
- Extensive experience in bug tracking & issue management using various defect tracking tools.
- Good knowledge of Web service Testing
- Strong knowledge of backend testing with extensive use of database SQLs on Oracle, SQL Server, DB2.
- Experience Working with UNIX, Windows and Mac OS.
- Expertise with test management tools like HP Quality Center and Mercury Test Director
- Strong knowledge of Ecommerce, Retail Banking and Order Management Domain. Basic knowledge of Auto Insurance, Deposits and Loans.
- Flexible and versatile to adapt new environment and work on any challenging project.
- Excellent communications skills, strong problems solving skills and a good team player.
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center 10.0,MercuryTest Director8.0, Quick Test Professional(QTP) 10.0 & Selenium IDE, Win Runner 8.0,PVCS Tracker
Database/DB Tools Scripts: Oracle 9i/10g/11g,MS SQL Server, MS Access, Toad, DB2, MySQL, SQL
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows NT/95/98/2000 XP
Programming Languages: VB script, Java (Basic), HTML
UNIX Tools: Putty, WINSCP
Functional Domain: Ecommerce, Promotions, Social Media, Banking, Education, Insurance and Retail OMS
- Created Test plans, managed team members, assigned tasks and conducted meetings.
- Actively involved in all stages of STLC (Software Testing Life Cycle).
- Created and maintained test plan, test cases and automation test documents. Involved in Functional and Regression testing
- Identified test cases after going through the documents provided and developed systematic procedure for each test case and reviewed the test cases.
- Extensively involved in all phases of SDLC (Software development Life cycle) and follows Agile methodology.
- Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQL queries and back-end testing
- Maintained Traceability Matrix to track the requirements to the test cases to ensure complete test coverage in the Quality Center.
- Developed Test Scripts for Regression testing using QTP/UFT Descriptive Programming.
- Used VBScripts in QTP/UFT to access webpage script variables.
- Used SQL for Querying the Oracle database
- Used Quality Center/ALM for Requirement Gathering and Test Case, Test Case Execution and Defect Tracking
- Developed test cases for function, system, regression, end-to-end Testing, and UAT testing.
- Used Quality Center/ALM for writing test cases and linking them to functional specs. Used checkpoints to check the functionality in QTP.
- Executed appropriate tests (some manually and some in QTP) to ensure the application and integrating systems perform to the expected specifications and analyzed test results.
- Automated all regression tests scripts using QTP
- Open and Track defects using Quality Center. Also worked as Defect Co-coordinator.
- Performed manual testing for the web UI functionality of the application on desktop (cross-browser) as well as on mobile devices.
- Executed test cases and documented defects using Quality Center/ALM.
- Participated in various meetings and discussed enhancement and modification
- Participated in daily meetings to discuss defects, issues and risks of project
- Parameterized the scripts in QTP/UFT to run the scripts for multiple sets of data on multiple environments. Updated all automated scripts with appropriate comments as per testing standard.
- Executed the QTP automated test scripts, verified and reported the results.
- Organized and participated in final walk throws with customers.
- Performed Defect Management in HP Quality Center and prepared Test Summary Report and product defect metrics
- Organized and participated in triage for defect resolution and conflicts during system test.
- Provided risk analysis of the system test defects to the management and helped to prioritize issues.
Environment: SoapUI, Windows NT/XP, C#.Net, T-SQL, SQL Server 2008, Agile, HP QTP /UFT, HP Quality Center/ALM, Oracle 11g, PL/SQL, Toad, VBScript,
Confidential,West Lake TX
- Work on Agile methodology Testing life cycle and participated in scrum meetings.
- Involved in preparing Test Plan, Test Strategy, Testing scope and Test status Reports.
- Write Manual Test Cases for New Features
- Perform Initial Review Testing, Regression testing, Module based Regression Testing, Smoke Testing
- Perform manual and automated Functional Testing
- Used QTP for automation of test cases.
- Wrote variety of QTP scripts including checkpoints, dynamic parameterization, Dynamic Data Tables and Descriptive Programming.
- Involved in testing of Web Based Products and detecting Bugs and classifying them based on the severity.
- Participate in daily defect status calls
- Manage defect status (tracking defects status, defect age analysis) in Bugzilla from QA standpoint
- Used SQL queries to test the database for back end Testing
- Participated in design reviews with the development and Business Analysis team and the SME(Subject Matter Experts)
- Worked with offshore team
- Updated and maintained Test scripts for auditing and version control
- Performed Cross browser Testing
- Tested on various mobile devices.
Environment: and Tool Details: MYSQL, Java, Toybox, Bugzilla, QTP 9.5, Quality Control
- Review and analyze the specifications provided by the client
- Involved in writing test cases and test scenarios in QC
- Involved in Web based testing which involved cross browser compatibility, UI validation and Layout
- Application Role based security testing (permission/ Privileges)
- Involved in Functional testing of the application which involves the testing of the functionality meeting the business requirements, Data persistence and Data validation
- Wrote scripts from scratch in expert view in QTP to create regression suite
- Performed Web Services and XML testing using SoapUI
- Involved in Defect Management process
- Used SQL tools such as TOAD for creating SQL queries to verify the integrity of the data
- Raising the Tickets appropriately and closing them on time
- Reported defects identified during the process using QC
- Maintained Test Logs, Test Summary reports and participated in status reporting.
Environment: & Tool Details: QTP, Java, Web Services, Quality Center, Toad, SoapUI, SQL
- Responsible for working in multiple projects like Walgreens, Verizon and Metro PCs for Rebate applications·
- Prepared Test Cases Test scripts, Test conditions based on the Functional Specifications and Technical Design Document.
- Prepared and executed test cases for different modules.
- Responsible for defect management, defect reporting and test management using On-time application
- Coordinated testing activities with testing team members.
- Properly documented the testing procedures
- Coordinated with the development team on a daily basis regarding bugs and issues
- Responsible for test planning, analysis and designing the test cases
- Responsible for automating the scenarios, Integration Testing, System Testing, Smoke Testing and UAT
- Wrote complex SQL queries to retrieve the data from various tables and to test the database
- Developed the automation test scripts using Selenium IDE
Environment: & Tool Details: JBoss, JUnit, C#, Visual studio 2010, Unix, Synergy, Selenium IDE, Windows XP, SoapUI
- The Order Management System (OMS) project is part of the Confidential Digiterra initiative that is focused on Confidential online order management. Credit Risk Analysis project was an enhancement of the current OMS Fraud Risk Analysis capability.
- The objective of the project was to reduce the number of fraud orders getting fulfilled and also reduce the manual effort required to do fraud check on the orders.
- Identify test scenarios and document manual E2E QA test cases.
- Test cases were focused on payment processing, financials and fraud processing.
- Assist graphs creation and analysis of the test results using Quality Center
- Use Quality Center as a document repository and to log and track all the issues and defects.
- Assist test data set up - gift cards, fraud data etc.
- Preformed Functional, Regression and Integration Testing Manually
- E2E QA test execution - Test Execution, Defect Logging, Triage meetings.
- Used SQL Tools such as TOAD for creating SQL queries to verify the integrity f data.
Environment: and Tool Details: WebSphere Application server, Oracle, 10g, Quality Center, Java, J2EE