- A resourceful, self - motivated, results driven professional with over 4+ years of experience in Software Testing and 9 years of experience in operations management/HR with a leading organization.
- Skilled in Manual/Automation, Regression Testing, System Integration testing, UAT, and Test Documentation.
- Good Exposure to Client Server Applications and GUI (Web) Applications.
- Comprehensive knowledge in Software Testing Life Cycle, Use documentation and Testing Methodologies.
- Expertise knowledge in writing and executing test cases and test scenarios and maintain quality assurance documents like Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Good experience in writing Test plans, defining Test Cases, developing and maintaining Test Scripts and analyzing bugs, interaction with team members in fixing the errors.
- Used multiple tools to complete UI testing, including cross browser testing, XML validation, SOAP UI
- Performed compatibility testing on different platforms like Fire Fox, IE, Chrome and Safari.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and relationship building skills, ability to grasp new things quickly.
Manual Testing: Functional testing, Regression testing, System integration testing, Compatibility testing, UAT
Test Automation Tools: Quick Test Professional /HP UFT, SOAP UI, HP Load Runner
Testing Management Tool: Quality Center/HP ALM
Programming Languages: VB Script and SQL
Operating System: Windows XP, Windows 7,8, 10, Windows Vista, 2003, 2000
Database: Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access
Software Methodologies: Water Fall and Agile Models
Other Skills: MS Office, SAP HCM, PeopleSoft and Kronos Time Management.
- Responsible for developing test cases using automation tool HP UFT and Terminal Emulator (TE) Add-in. Efficiently created and managed test plan document, test scripts and resources.
- Updated all project specific files, function libraries, data sheets and object repositories on regular basis in HP ALM. Executed all test cases locally and executed them from ALM as well.
- Generated reports for all test cases and managed/tracked defects using HP ALM/QC, and followed up with functional team until the defects are closed. Participated in weekly status meetings and reported the automation efforts to the manager on weekly and monthly basis.
Environment: Windows 8/10, HP QC/ALM, HP QTP/UFT, Water Fall Methodology, Terminal Emulator, IBM Upload tools, VB Script, Microsoft suite, IE, Chrome.
- Analyzed business requirements, wrote and implemented the Test Plan, various manual Test cases and Test Scripts in VBScript to test various functionalities using the automated tool QTP.
- Developed both positive and negative Test Cases for different user roles and functionalities.
- Reported and tracked defects/bugs to the development team using QC.
- Efficiently used Data Driven framework to test the application with multiple sets of data.
- Prepared Requirements Traceability Matrix and managing the Defects as per the Business requirements using QC/ALM.
- Performed Back end testing and written complex queries to retrieve relevant data using SQL.
- Extensively used Snag it for screen captures, Share point for collaboration with team members and reporting.
- Participated in Defect Triage meetings with development team to track defects & worked closely with Development as well as Requirement teams to ensure testing issues are resolved on timely manner.
Environment: Windows 7/8, HP Quality Center, QTP, Load Runner, Snag it, Share point, SOAP UI, Various browsers, MS Office, Agile Methodology.
- Analyzing the Requirements & testing related issues.
- Participated in the walk-through meeting Test Plan, Test case & Test data preparation.
- Executing Test cases and validating the functionality.
- Defects logging and updating reports, preparing delivery note.
- Executed test cases, tracked and reported defects using Quality Center.
- Involved in System, Regression, Retesting, and End to end testing.
- Performed Functional Testing, Performance Testing and User Acceptance Testing(UAT).
- Actively participated in SDLC process and supported Production team to correct the programming errors.
- Conducted a wide range of quality tests to ensure that software meets specified standards and end-user requirements.
- Conducted Compatibility tests to see if web application is compatible with different Operating Systems and different Web Browsers.
- Interacted with team lead and other team members to discuss and resolve defects and their priorities.
- Assisted the Business, Development and QA teams throughout the software testing lifecycle.
- Designed test cases and description from the requirement documents, and based on clients need.
- Conducted functional testing, retesting and regression testing for successful implementation of QA process.
- Supported Senior QA analyst manual tester in the development and execution of QA continuous process.
- Involved in Bug verification and defect analysis process using Quality Center.
- Actively participated in Scrum and Sprint review meetings.
- Successfully created and executed Test Cases. Actively participated in Functional, Compatibility, Usability and Regression testing of the website.
- Involved in Load and performance testing of the application. Responsible for reporting and tracking of bugs.
- Good knowledge in understanding and analyzing product enhancements and requirements. Participated in Investigating and identifying customer related issues if reported.