- Over 10 years of experience as an Automation Test Engineer and Manual Tester. Worked in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), including Implementation, Documentation and Testing on internet based e - business and Client-Server applications, in the domains of Retail, Health Care, and Banking.
- Worked on Waterfall and Agile techniques like Scrum and performed Gap Analysis, Business Requirement Document, and Use case scenario document.
- Experienced in formulating Test Plans, Test cases, Test Scenarios, Test Approach and set up testing environment.
- Expertise in different types of testing like Automation testing, Manual testing, Integration testing, System testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, Performance testing, Functional testing, Database testing, GUI testing, Web / UI and User Acceptance Testing.
- Well conversant with the implementation from scratch and practical hands on experience in different types of frameworks like Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM).
- Sound knowledge in writing automation scripts using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) Cucumber, Gherkin, Features, Scenarios, Scenario Outlines, Steps, and Step Definitions.
- Experience in working with open source tools such as Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid, Cucumber, JUnit, JIRA and Eclipse.
- Experience testing SOA with Restful/SOAP Web Services.
- Expertise in developing test scripts using Selenium WebDriver executed automated test scripts & analyzed the results.
- Worked on Continuous Integration Process using Jenkins, SVN, TestNG and Maven.
- Experienced in using web-debugging tool like Firepath and Firebug for finding elements and locators.
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider.
- Design & Develop data driven framework from scratch using Selenium WebDriver, TestNg, Apache POI API and Page Object Model Design Pattern.
- Extensively used XPATH, Regularexpression and classes to perform UI actions. Exported output/reports for all automated testing results.
- Integrated successfully build deployment tools like Jenkins, Maven with Selenium Automation frameworks for nightly regressions. Have done database testing by using MS SQL, Oracle & DB2.
- Proficient in Java and have sound knowledge on OOP (Object Oriented Programming).
- Experienced in performing backend testing using SQL
- Proven ability in Working individually or as part of the team, Problem solving, Reporting and Assisting to Manage.
TECHNICAL SKILLS:Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, Junit, Cucumber, Restful, SoapUI, QTP, ALM
Test Build& Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, Jenkins
Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM)
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server
Defect Tools: JIRA, ALM,
Programming Languages: JAVA, AngularJS, VB Script, Gherkin, SQL C, C++
Markup Languages: HTML, XML, XPath, CssSelector
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7/8, UNIX, LINUX
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Mobile Testing Tools: Jenkins, Perfecto, Xamarin, Jira, Github and Appium.
Utilities: IntelliJ, Eclipse, GIT, SVN, Sonar, FireBug, FirePath
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access, Visual Studio
Sr .QA Automation Engineer
Confidential, Atlanta, GAResponsibilities:
- Assessed & analyzed user stories and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings.
- Prepared Test cases for positive and negative test scenarios as referred in the user stories keeping in mind the Boundary Value Limitations, Equivalence classes.
- Configured Maven, Log4j configuration files, prepared documentation for setting up Selenium and Eclipse Environment on Local Work Spaces.
- Developed automation scripts for automating Functional and Regression testing using Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, TestNG, Java, Maven, Log4j and JDBC.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check new functionality doesn't break the existing functionality of the application using Selenium.
- Used Apache POI to extract test data from external Excel files.
- Handled the special mouse events and selected the options from the tab menu using Selenium Actions Builder, Mouse.
- Developed Hybrid framework (Keyword and Data Driven frameworks) to retrieve test actions, test data from Excel files and SQL Databases.
- Implemented TestNG automation framework for the smoke test.
- Used FireBug, FirePath to debug, edit and locate the objects based on ID, Name, XPath, CssSelector, Link, Partial Link, Attributes, and Tags.
- Handled Selenium WebDriver features like implicit wait and explicit wait under synchronization.
- Handled the special mouse events and selected the options from the tab menu using Selenium Actions builder, mouse hover, and synchronization.
- Performed Cross and Parallel Browser testing on different browsers like Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome and Firefox where multiple states can be executed at the same time.
- Managed the framework dependency jars using Maven. Used Maven to perform build from Jenkins Continuous Integration.
- Executed test cases using TestNG parameters, data providers, suites, parallel suites and groups.
- Extensively worked in locating a web elements using ID, name, class name, CSS selector and XPATH.
- Involved in testing alerts and pop-ups using Selenium WebDriver.
- Extensively used XPATH, Regular expression and classes to perform UI actions. Exported output/reports for all automated testing results.
- Used AutoIt for automating the Windows GUI and general scripting.
- Written Scenarios, Scenario outlines and step definitions using Gherkin in Cucumber for BDD (Behavior Driven Development) and ATDD (Acceptance-Test Driven Development).
- Tested SOAP and RESTFUL web services using different assertions like HTTP assertion, security assertions, XPATH assertions in SOAPUI
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver 2.53.0, TestNG, Eclipse, Oracle, Toad, XML, HTML, SoapUI, SVN, Maven, Jenkins, JIRA 6.0, Confluence, Cucumber, Gherkin, Apache POI.
Sr .QA Automation Engineer
Confidential, Downers Grove, ILResponsibilities:
- Developing the test plan and test cases for the positive and negative scenarios keeping in mind the Boundary Value Limitations and Equivalence Classes coordinating with the customers upon solid analysis of the user stories.
- Writing and executing test scenarios, test cases and test scripts for both web and mobile applications using JAVA, Selenium Web Driver and TestNG with a good analysis of the element locators and web driver methods.
- Working extensively in the development of Hybrid Framework design on TestNG platform and used Apache POI to read data from external sources.
- Working with utilities like Firebug and Firepath for the identification of web elements using locators such a id, name, Xpath, CSS Selectors, Link Text, Partial Link Text and Tags.
- Performing cross-browser testing on various browsers like IE, Chrome and Firefox and ensured compatibility different browsers using Java, TestNG and Jenkins.
- Performing Feasibility Analysis on the test cases to analyze the feasibility of the test cases for automation and for the creation of the regression test suite.
- Performing Smoke, Functional, Regression, Positive and Negative testing for each build of the applications and Integration Testing with other programs, hardware, operating systems and network environments.
- Participating actively in the Sprint Planning sessions to analyze the user stories in the Product Backlog and also in daily stand-up meetings, sprint review and sprint retrospective meetings to analyze the sprint health.
- Analyzing software failures and reported bugs on JIRA which has been used as the defect tracking and project management tool.
- Performing testing using SOAPUI on different data sources and validated the RESTful web services.
- Working on web services testing using assertions such as XPath, XQuery and Contains assertions.
- Involved in developing BDD features, scenarios and step definitions using Cucumber and Gherkin using Junit and automated them using Selenium Web Driver.
- Working on mobile app testing using Perfecto mobile for applications on both IOS and Android.
- Using MAVEN for build management, SVN as source repository and Jenkins for Continuous Integration of the builds.
- Involved in the use of Cucumber Step Definition, Scenarios and Features.
- Preparing project metrics and summary reports, defect tracking reports to report the entire status to the product owners and the stakeholders serving as a point of contact.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, JIRA, Jenkins, MAVEN, SVN, Apache-POI, Cucumber, Gherkin, Oracle DB, Eclipse, Firebug, Firepath, SOAPUI, XML, HTML.
Sr .QA Automation Engineer
- Analyze business requirements and the functional specification for developing test conditions.
- Drafting QA Strategy, methodology and documenting test plans and test case development in QC for the functional, integration and end to end testing.
- Involved in generating execution reports from QC.
- Performed both manual and automated testing of the application.
- Analyzed and validated business rule.
- Used Check Points, Output Values, Recovery Scenarios, Regular Expressions.
- Interacted actively with Business Analysts/Users/Developers for collecting Requirements.
- Gathered QA metrics from the team and Forwarded overall test metrics to the management using QC.
- Prepared Status Reports Every Week, which includes revision History, Test case status, metrics, Issues and Defects.
- Checked the data flow through the front end to backend and used SQL queries, to extract the data from database.
- Performed manual testing of backend, nightly jobs, integration testing and end to end testing.
- Experienced in writing complex SQL statements for querying databases during functional and regression tests.
- Generated Forecasting, Collateral reports and performed risk assessment on existing Deals.
- Debug defects to find the cause.
- Performed UAT at the end of a project development to check if the business requirements of the application have been met.
- Prepared Validation Test Summary Reports.
Environment: SQL, SOAP UI, QC, XML, HTML, MS Office, VB Script, SQL, Microsoft Project.
Software QA Engineer
Confidential, St. Louis, MOResponsibilities:
- Analyze the business Requirements and closely work with the Business Team to get the clarifications address
- Designed, executed and maintained automation Test Scripts in Selenium RC using JAVA Framework-, TESTNG for regression test cases.
- Developed Automation framework implementing Page Object Model for Certain Test Cases.
- Built Test Suite in XML for functional and regression test.
- Executed Test cases and review the results with Business to get the Business approval for UAT
- Confidential -ordination between Technology and Business to ensure all the outstanding issues are being addressed, fixed and retested.
- Performed browser compatibility testing.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAPUI.
- Involved in the regression test planning for the project and identified the critical regression tests.
- Executed the automated regression test cases during every release and also executed the daily Regression test suites.
- Involved in debugging of the existing automation script.
- Experience working in Agile/ Scrum methodology for SDLC and working on Test management tools like Rally.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium GRID, Java, Web Services, SOAP, REST, AGILE, Rally, HTML, Eclipse, Oracle, Windows, MS Word.
- Effectively implemented different QA methodologies/policies, strategies and plans in all stages of SDLC.
- Performed Unit testing on all application modules.
- Involved in System, Integration, and Data & Regression testing.
- Created test plan, test cases and test scripts development and executed based on business and technical requirements.
- Created the requirement traceability matrix.
- Performed manual Testing.
- Executed system, integration, end-to-end, and user acceptance test (UAT) test cases.
- Analyzed and created the bug tracking reporting and summary report.
- Conducted quality reviews to monitor the progress of project.
- Involved in weekly walkthroughs and inspection meetings, to verify the status of the testing effort and the project as a whole.
Environment: Java, Manual testing, Test Director, Oracle, Windows XP.