- Self - Starter, extensive experience in Business Process and Technology for large & medium Financial Services ( Banking, Securities), Insurance, Telecommunications & Utilities clients.
- Solid understanding of QA/QC Methodology & Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC); ability to comprehend complex business processes
- Proficiency in conducting White-Box, Black-Box, Regression, Integration and Acceptance tests
- Skilled Business Systems Analyst; define business requirements and design specifications for new and/or re-engineered processes
- Ability to fully perform in a localization environment in the capacity of Tester and Language Expert. Fluent in several languages (French native with advanced knowledge of testing applications in various industries)
- Freelance Translator and Editor
- Translate to and from target languages English/French.
- Fields of specialization: Computer science (software, hardware), Gemology (diamond cuts, terms & marketing), Optical (lense/frame specifications), Insurance, Telecommunications.
Operating Systems: MS Windows, MS DOS, HP-UNIX, MVS/VSAM/CICS, TSO/ISPF.
Tools: PVCS Tracker, HP Quality Center, Segue SILKTEST, SQA Team Test/Robot, EditPlus2, Eclipse2.1.1, Vantive.
Databases: Oracle, DB2, MS Access.
Programming Languages: SQL (Wintalk, Plus, Navigator). SAS.
Working knowledge: of JAVA, C++, XML, HTML, PERL, COBOL.
Microsoft productivity tools: Project Manager, Visio, Excel, Word.
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
- Performed back-end Dynamic (Agile) & Integration testing in a CICS environment.
- Tested the existing Assembler language transaction logic to COBOL using design & code conversion documentation to ensure the code was translated correctly.
- Activities included datatase validation, from Confidential ’s existing database files (AMIS) to the new database system (DB2).
- Using HP Quality Centre tool, designed and documented test cases & scripts and executed the tests in a dynamic environment and, in a separate effort, performed integration testing.
Environment: CICS/Cobol/TSO, HP Quality Centre for Test Plans/Scripts and Defect Tracking, MS Excel and Word for all other related documentation, VISIO for design specifications and use-cases
Confidential, Roseville, CA
- Designed, executed and managed test scripts based on existing HP design specifications and requirements documentation for the completion of the functional testing phase of the CMIPS II/EDS project. Applications included Security, Case Management, Payroll, Timesheet and Interface modules.
- Scheduled review sessions with team lead to discuss any test concerns and to ensure full coverage of the test plans and test cases to test.
- Executed test cases within the established timetable and documented, reported discrepancies and defects using Mercury Quality Centre tool. Maintained & monitored reported defects to ensure they were being worked on in a timely manner by the developers assigned to them.
- Summarized & documented testing activity at the end of each day. Reported test results and defect resolution in a team meeting to the director in charge of the project.
Environment: Mercury Quality Centre (Test Director) for Test Plans and Test Scripts, MS Excel and Word for all other test documentation, VISIO for design specifications and use-cases
SR. SOFTWARE QA ENGINEER / SR. BUSINESS ANALYST
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
- Developed quality standards for QA team. Provided direction on areas of improvement and documented more efficient processes to previously unstructured QA activities. Ensured all documentation associated to current and/or new releases complied with company standards to ensure traceability in audit activities.
- Responsible for developing QA team deliverables including work plans, test plans, test cases & all other required test documentation, coordinating work efforts of team members, reporting status of projects and representing team in meetings.
- Established technical test environments based on test case requirements, managed test execution and reported/tracked test progress.
- Played key role as acting Business Analyst for the Lending Division. Worked with Product team to understand priorities, enhancement requests and to resolve issues. Designed business requirements, use cases and functional specifications as well as other supporting materials.
- Worked closely with Tech Support team to assist in resolving production issues on an on-call basis.
Environment: J2EE/JRE, Mercury Quality Center (Test Director), Pivotal, Toad/Oracle, XML Spy, SilkTest/SilkPerformer, MS Excel, VISIO.
SR. QC - API ENGINEER
Confidential, San Ramon, CA
- Developed and maintained test scripts and clients written in UNIX shell script, JAVA and XML to test middleware infrastructure software.
- Designed and executed Java API testcases and worked with source code using Eclipse development tool to create, modify and run Java scripts on both HPUX and Windows platforms.
- Installed and configured infrastructure components needed for testing. Worked closely with developers to ensure full testing coverage of the releases.
- Documented and maintained testplan and testcases using Mercury Test Director.
- Tracked/reported defects using Vantive, and performed all regression tests for Java/C++ APIs.
Environment: J2EE/JRE/JMS, Apache Tomcat 4.1.24, XML, SonicMQ Explorer, Mercury Test Director, EditPlus2, BeanTest, SQL, UNIX, JAVA, Eclipse 2.1.1, AIX, Oracle. Vantive
QA TEAM LEAD
Confidential, San Rafael, CA
- Responsible for managing the integration/functional testing phase for Confidential ’s new Web-based, worldwide Subscription Program across multiple interfaces (OCS-Poetic).
- Supervised a team of three testers, monitored the development of test documentation using Mercury Test Director to record and maintain test plans, test cases and test procedures.
- Solely responsible for validating the design and new functionality of the vendor software package against the full internal specifications and business requirements specified by Audodesk.
Environment: Oracle, Java, XML, SQL Plus and Mercury Test Director, Windows NT