- Over 8 years of IT and Management experience with emphasis on Software Testing/Quality Assurance. Experience in testing of Client Server and Web based applications using Manual testing techniques and Automation tools.
- Experienced in defining Testing methodologies, Designing Test Plans and Test Cases, Verifying and Validating Data for several ETL and BI applications and documentation based on standards for Software Development and effective QA implementation in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience using query tools for Oracle, DB2 and MS SQL Server to validate reports and troubleshoot data quality issues.
- Extensive experience in reviewing Business Requirement Documents, Software Requirement Documents and preparing Test Cases, Test scripts and Execution.
- Experience in Black box testing with a complete QA cycle - from testing, defect logging and verification of fixed bugs
- Experienced in Full life cycle of software projects including system analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and user training
- Experience in working with waterfall, V-model, and Agile with scrum methodologies.
- Extensive experience in Functional testing, Integration/System testing, Regression testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Knowledge of Hospital Billing, Charge and Revenue Codes (CPT), HCPCS, ICD-9-CM code books, CMS 1500 professional claim forms and UB-92 hospital claim forms
- Well versed in GUI application testing, Database testing and Front-end testing.
- Expertise in testing EDI Transactions 834, 837, 835, 270/271 & 276/277.
- Extensive testing ETL experience using Informatica 9.1 (Power Center/ Power Mart) (Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Server Manager)
- Experience in Dimensional Data Modeling using Star and Snow Flake Schema.
- Experience in testing and writing SQL and PL/SQL statements.
- Experienced in testing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) with XML based Web Services (SOAP/UDDI/WSDL) using Top down Approach and Bottom up Approach.
- Expertise in Developing PL/SQL Packages, Stored Procedures/Functions, triggers.
- Solid Back End Testing experience by writing and executing SQL Queries.
- Well versed in analyzing the XML Files.
- Ability to interact with developers and product analysts regarding testing status and to maintain detailed QA documentation.
- Extensive background in QA methodologies.
- Has expertise in Test Case Design, Test Tool Usage, Test Execution, and Defect Management.
- Experience in UNIX shell scripting and configuring cron-jobs for Informatica sessions scheduling
- Experience in testing XML files and validating the data loaded to staging tables.
- Experience in Performance Tuning of SQL and Stored Procedures.
- Experience in working with Medical Management Information Systems in Health Industry.
- Expert knowledge in UNIX shell scripting (Korn shell/Bourne shell)
- Excellent analytical, programming, written and verbal communication skills.
Reporting Tools: Business Objects6.5 / XIR3, Cognos 8 Suite
Data Modeling: Star-Schema Modeling, Snowflake-Schema Modeling, FACT and dimension tables, Pivot Tables, Erwin
Testing Tools: QTP, Load Runner, Test Director, Selenium, Mercury Quality Center, Rational Clear Quest
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 8.x/9.x, Ab Initio and Datastage, Control M
RDBMS: Oracle 10g/9i/8i/7.x, MS SQL Server 2008, UDB DB2 9.x, Sybase 12.5, Teradata V2R6, MS Access 7.0
Programming: UNIX Shell Scripting, Korn Shell, C Shell, Bourne Shell, Bash, SQL, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, TOAD, C++
Environment: UNIX, MVS, HP-UX, IBM AIX 4.2/4.3, Novell NetWare, Win 3.x/95/98, NT 4.0, Sun-Ultra, Sun-Spark, and SCO
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
ETL QA Tester
- Worked with Business analysis team to prepare a detailed Business Requirement documents.
- Involved in writing & implementation of the test plan, various test cases & test scripts
- Processed 837P, 837I & 837D transactions, verified those 837 transactions converted correctly to XML file format & XC keyword file format and verified the claims data loaded to Facets & QNXT for further processing.
- Ensuring onsite to offshore transition, QA Processes and closure of problems & issues.
- Performed Functionality, Stress, Security, and GUI & Regression testing of web-based applications.
- As QA Tester, performing responsibilities with both the functionality and back end testing.
- Wrote SQL, PL/SQL Testing scripts for Backend Testing of the data warehouse application.
- Worked with Production environment to resolve several data issues.
- Followed HIPAA implementation guides for preparing the EDI files.
- Created test cases for testing the 276/277, 270/271 and 278 transactions.
- Used PL/SQL programs for performance testing and wrote PL/SQL /Complex SQL queries for system testing.
- Written several Stored Procedures and modified existing stored procedures.
- Involved with extraction routines to verify all the required data loaded into target systems.
- Extensively executed SQL queries in order to view successful transactions of data and for validating data.
- Worked with SOAPUI for testing Web Services
- Enrolled members through online screens and 834 transactions
- Created the test data for interpreting positive/negative results during functional testing.
- Performed Analysis of ICD 9 Procedure and Diagnosis Codes in accordance with ICD 10 CM and ICD 10 PCS Conversion Compliances
- Analyzed and created the bug tracking reporting and summary report in the Quality Center
- Used SQL queries and custom programs to perform data validation.
- Prepared test cases by understanding the business requirements, Data Mapping documents and technical specifications.
- Tested both the Web Service Architecture and Service Oriented Architecture
- Testing of different types of ICD 9 as per requirements
- Used Quality Center to log defects and monitored the defects for successful resolution.
- Designs and directs the preparation of test data; prepares test data, documents detailed results, provides regular and ad-hoc test reports.
- Did data analysis and data testing and verified fields present in the reports are as agreed in the ETL specifications.
Environment: Oracle 11g, SOA, SOAP, SOAPUI, SQL, PL/SQL, ALM/HP Quality Center 11.0, QTP, Stored Procedures, XML, XSLT, MS Excel, MS Access, TOADConfidential, New York
ETL QA Tester
- Analyzed business requirements, system requirements, data mapping requirement specifications, and responsible for documenting functional requirements and supplementary requirements in Quality Center 9.2
- Tested ETL jobs as per business rules using ETL design document
- Assisted in creating fact and dimension table implementation in Star Schema model based on requirements.
- Involved in the testing of Data Mart using Power Center.
- Extensively used Informatica Power Center for Extraction, Transformation and Loading process.
- Extensively tested several ETL Mappings developed using Informatica.
- Used Teradata load utilities Fast load, Multiload and FastExport to extract, transform and load the Teradata data warehouse.
- Worked in an Agile technology with Scrum.
- Involved in automation of test cases using QTP.
- Did functional testing using QTP
- Effectively distributed responsibilities, arranged meetings and communicated with team members in all phases of the project.
- Used import and export facilities of the application to download/upload XMLs of failed test cases so as to re-verify.
- Writing UNIX scripts to perform certain tasks and assisting developers with problems and SQL optimization.
- Configured Quick Test Pro with Quality Centre and Maintained the project information in Quality Centre.
- Extensively used Autosys for automation of scheduling jobs on daily, bi-weekly, weekly monthly basis with proper dependencies.
- Wrote complex SQL queries using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries
- Performed Unit testing and System Integration testing by developing and documenting test cases in Quality Center.
- Did Unit testing for all reports and packages.
- Designed and developed UNIX shell scripts as part of the ETL process, automate the process of loading, pulling the data.
- Tested ad hoc and canned reports for Business objects.
- Responsible for migrating the code changes from development environment to SIT, UAT and Production environments.
Environment: Informatica 9.1, Flat files, Perl,, DTS, MS SQL Server 2008, Oracle 10g, SQL, PL/SQL, IBM DB2 10, AGILE, Teradata V2R6, Teradata SQL Assistant, Business Objects XIR3, COBOL, HP QTP 10.0, HP Quality Center 10, Autosys, UTL FILE, TSO, ISPF, OS/z, JCL, Mainframes, Toad, Unix Shell Scripting, Windows XP/2000Confidential, Bethesda, MD
QA/SQL BI Tester
- Prepared test data based on data mapping document.
- Have experience in validating the business transformations by writing complex SQL queries
- Test Management tool --Quality Center 10.0 is used to prepare test cases, for test execution and to extract testing status and Defect tracking.
- Validated out going XML messages
- Validated flat files coming from downstream systems and mocked up feed files by using vi editor.
- Performed Back end testing by writing SQL statements like Join, Inner Joins, Outer joins and Self Joins used TOAD and SQL Developer.
- Used ICD-9 HIPAA compliance codes for Identify the particular medical Prescription.
- Performed Backend/SQL Test for Insert, Update, and Functions.
- Loaded data into Oracle using SQL loader and validated data.
- Created public folders, private folders, personalized pages and custom views on the Cognos connection portal.
- Involved in full HIPAA compliance lifecycle from GAP analysis, mapping, implementation of EDI X12 transactions code sets version 4010 to 5010 and translation of ICD-9 codes into ICD-10 codes
- SOA testing was done on top down approach basis.
- Distributed the reports to the users via Cognos Connection.
- Written SQL Queries and executed them using TOAD and SQL Editor.
- Hands on experience in using Autosys scheduling.
- Wrote many SQL/PLSQL scripts to verify data in the DB and verify consistency with application UI
- Written complex sql queries to validate the data movement between source 2 target.
- Involved in the Unit testing and System testing.
- Involved in testing Cognos Reports and closely worked with operations, and Release teams to resolve the production issues.
- Worked on bug fixes on existing Informatica Mappings to produce correct output.
Environment: SQL, PL/SQL, SSIS, SOAP, SOAPUI, Web Services, TOAD, WinSQL, Cognos 8.0, XML, Flat Files, VSAM Files, MVS, Copy Books, Oracle 10g, MS SQL Server 2008, Windows, Mainframe.Confidential, Middletown, NJ
- Involved in creating source target mappings based on the Technical Design requirements.
- Involved in Business analysis and requirements gathering.
- Assisted in creating fact and dimension table implementation in Star Schema model based on requirements.
- Preparation of technical specifications and Source to Target mappings.
- Extensively used SQL programming in backend and front-end functions, procedures, packages to implement business rules and security
- Experienced using query tools for Oracle to validate reports and troubleshoot data quality issues.
- Solid testing experience in working with SQL Stored Procedures, triggers, views and worked with performance tuning of complex SQL queries.
- Developed scripts, utilities, simulators, data sets and other programmatic test tools as required executing test plans.
- Applied appropriate validation rules and created graph parameters to check the validations are correct so that the graph should stop.
- Involved in developing UNIX Korn Shell wrappers to run various dependency graphs.
- Created lookup files where necessary for validation of critical enterprise codes, lender identifiers and service numbers.
- Created different user defined functions for applying appropriate business rules
- Written test cases and completed unit test documentation.
- Used Unix environment variables in various .ksh files which comprises of specified locations to build Ab Initio Graphs
- Involved in pager rotation program to support 24 x 7 production support.
Environment: MVS, UNIX (K-Shell Script), Oracle 10g, DB2, Windows 2000 Pro, XML, XSLT, XSD, Rapid SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Participated in business requirement walk through, design walk through and analyzed Business requirements.
- Involved in developing detailed test plan, test cases and test scripts using Test Director for Functional and Regression Testing.
- Involved in Data mapping specifications to create and execute detailed system test plans. The data mapping specifies what data will be extracted from an internal data warehouse, transformed and sent to an external entity.
- Created Test plan, Test Design, Test scripts and responsible for implementation of Test cases as Manual test scripts.
- Involved in Teradata SQL Development, Unit Testing and Performance Tuning
- Tested Complex ETL Mappings and Sessions based on business user requirements and business rules to load data from source flat files and RDBMS tables to target tables.
- Created the test environment for Staging area, loading the Staging area with data from multiple sources.
- Extraction of test data from tables and loading of data into SQL tables.
- Created ETL test data for all ETL mapping rules to test the functionality of the Informatica Mapping
- Tested the ETL Informatica mappings and other ETL Processes (Data Warehouse Testing)
- Written several complex SQL queries for validating Cognos Reports.
- Tested several stored procedures.
- Written customized SQL queries for business needs.
- Did automation using PERL and UNIX Shell scripting.
- Reviewed system use cases and functional specs with business and System Analysts.
- Tested the ETL process for both before data validation and after data validation process. Tested the messages published by ETL tool and data loaded into various databases
- Responsible for Data mapping testing by writing complex SQL Queries using WINSQL
- Experience in creating UNIX scripts for file transfer and file manipulation.
- Validating the data passed to downstream systems.
- Worked with Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL).
- Involved in testing data mapping and conversion in a server based data warehouse.
- Involved in testing the UI applications
- Involved in Security testing for different LDAP roles.
- Worked with business team to test the reports developed in Cognos
- Tested whether the reports developed in Cognos are as per company standards.
- Used Quality Center to track and report system defects
- Involved in testing the XML files and checked whether data is parsed and loaded to staging tables.
- Responsible for creating test cases to make sure the data originating from source is making into target properly in the right format.
Environment: Informix, DB2, Java, Cognos, SQL, Teradata V2R4 (MLOAD, FLOAD, FAST EXPORT, BTEQ), XML, IBM AIX 5.3, UNIX, Shell Scripting, WINSQL, Ultra editor, Oracle 8i/9i, DB2, SQL Server 2000, Mainframe, SunOS 5.8, DTS, ERWIN, Windows XP