- Around 8+ years of work experience in Software Testing specializing in Black Box Testing using both Manual Testing and Automation Testing. Well - versed with all stages of software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle(STLC).
- Exposure on Load Runner, SQA and Silk Testing Tools. Actively interacted with the development team in resolving Bugs identified from Testing. Well versed in Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing. Regression Testing, GUI Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Expertise in Execution of Test cases, Test scripts and generating automation Test scripts using Automation tool. Experience in Manual Testing using Quality Center and Rational Test Manager.
- Extensively used SoapUI to validate Soap/WSDL and Web services. Experience with working in scripting languages such as SQL, VBScript, HTML and XML. Good hands on experience in dealing with various Data sources like SQL Server 2000/2005, MS Access, Excel.
- Expert in reporting & tracking defects, &maintaining with high level of detail with accuracy and recreation steps using Clear Quest, JIRA, Bugzilla, PVCS and Emails, Quality Center, PHP Bug Tracker, OTRS.
- Designed and implemented different automation frameworks from starch like Page Objects framework, Keyword Driven framework, Data Driven framework and Hybrid framework for a number of projects.
- Expertise in Selenium automation using Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid, Testing & ANT/MAVEN. Experienced in using Test Management tools such as TFS, Rally, JIRA, Bugzilla and Quality Center (ALM) bug reporting tools to track test progress, execution and deliverables.
- Involved in SOA testing includes developing test scripts in manual and automated testing environments, logging and recording test results, developing test scenarios, identifying and analyzing test errors, and maintaining test scripts.
- Expertise in both Manual and Automation Testing from Verification to Validation. Strong Automation Testing experience using Selenium Webdriver with Testing and JUnit.
- Worked with defect tracking tools like Quality Center, ALM, Jira and Clear Quest. Created & executed automated scripts/components using Selenium tool that supports Java platform
- Hands on experience with Agile, Scrum and waterfall methodologies. Working within agile development teams with a BDD approach and supporting the developers to quality assuredevelopments early.
- Proficient in handling network traffic generators like IXIA and Spirant and network protocol analyzers like Ethereal, Wireshark.
- Execution of automated test scripts using Mercury Tools (Test Director/Quality Center, LoadRunner, and QTP), JMeter based on business/functional specifications.
- Worked in conjunction with the Business Analysts and Development teams to analyze and solve the issues. Experience in performing Backend testing by writing and executing SQLqueries.
- Experienced in writing and executing SQL queries using TOAD, PL/SQL and Oracle.
- Good technical, communications and interpersonal skills. Able to work reliably under pressure. Committed team player with strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to quickly adapt to new environments & technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player delivering under high stress environment with resource constraints. Worked on Voice tone platform and both INBOUND and OUTBOUND IVR applications.
Automated Testing Tools: Selenium (IDE, RC, Web driver) QC, Win Runner, Quick Test Pro,Jmeter
Test Management Tools: Quality Centre 9.0/10.0, Bugzilla and Clear Quest, ANT, Maven,wiresharkBuild Automation Tools: Hudson, Cruise Control
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, XML,SMTPApplication Software: MS-Excel, MS-Word, MS-PowerPoint and MS Outlook.
Databases: MS SQL Server 2000, MS-Access, oracle
Operating System: Windows 95/98/XP, UNIX, Linux, Solaris,WLAN.
Other Tools: MS Office- 2000/2003/2007, XENU, MS Project Server, Access & Outlook
Web/App servers: IIS, Apache, Tomcat.
Scripting Languages: VB Script, Java Script
Web services: SOAP,REST
Sr. QA Automation Engineer
- Participation in walkthrough for BRD, Test Plan, Test Strategies, test scripts and Traceability Matrix.
- Experienced in Mobile Testing includes Device, Tablet and App Testing.
- Extensively worked on performance testing tools like JMeter.
- Responsible for analyzing the test Objectives and prepare Test Plan and Test script for the projects.
- Responsible for analyzing the test data needed for the test scripts and work with the data team to get the required data.
- Responsible for Code Packaging and Deployment to Uat and Production servers in the .Net Web farm and python.
- Develop scenario based testing for the Jmeter scripts.
- Resolve escalated hardware and software issues related to WLAN/WAN.
- I supported the valuation team of a leading Life & Annuity Reinsurer in the market.
- Run builds for the development team in Bamboo tool (Atlassian).
- Used Automation Test Tools Cucumber JBehave, Specflow, Gherkin,Webdriver,Selenium RC,Watir Webdriver.
- Create, schedule and run the scenarios using JMeter and generate necessary graphs.
- Involved in Actuarial/Functional testing of new business requirements (Related to Life insurance products, Disability contracts, Annuity products, Funeral insurances & Pensions contracts) developed in the standard product before its delivery to the client
- Got an opportunity to write the automated tests using the nightwatch.js
- Extensive experience in ETL/ Data warehouse backend testing and BI Intelligence reports testing.
- Experienced in designing customized hybrid framework (keyword Driven & data Driven)using selenium Webdriver, java, TestNG performing analysis of life & annuity insurance business requirements, conceptualize solutions and writing functional specifications based on the standard product framework.
- Worked extensively in testing Soap and Restful web services using SoapUI and validated the response using assertions.
- Reviewed JSON, HTML, XML files in SOAPUI after applying assertions to the source property.
- Responsible to update the project team on the progress and let the team know if there are any setbacks to meet the timeline for the project.
- Wrote business logic code in C# code behind files to read data from database stored procedures
- Responsible for projecting the QA sizing for the projects and change request.
- Responsible for impact analysis of the changes that has cross project functional impact.
- Responsible to report defects and participate in troubleshooting with development and configuration team for the reported defect.
- Good experience in testing various Service Oriented Architecture (SOAs) spanning across various departments using SOAP and Restful UI.
- Performed unit testing using Junit/TestNG, integration and deployment of applications done using tools such as ANT and Maven and debugging through Log4j.
- Proficient in testing tools such as QC/ALM, JIRA, test Rail, and defect tracking software such as Bugzilla, Element-tool, Mantis.
- Participated in creating the automation framework for the middleware. Analyzed the legacy projects to be best candidates for automation.
- Used XML to capture the data from the SQL server database into ASP.NET pages.
- Used Autoit to simulate keystrokes and mouse movements.
- Strong technical knowledge on python and Perl.
- Responsible for writing server-side web application logic using Python.
- Good knowledge on Test driven development (TDD) and Behavior driven development (BDD).
- Customized the QTP test as per the test Case by using the VB-Script.
- Participated in regression effort for the release, responsible for resolution of regression defects.
- Responsible for initiating the ambiguity call with development and business.
- Responsible for initiating and defect calls for project and regression with development.
Environment: Windows Web Forms, ASP.NET, Soap, Bugzilla, Rest, Autoit, SQL-Server, Visual C#.NET, .NET Remoting (Interface), Web Services, .NET Framework, TestNG, Windows Services, MSMQ, COM+, XML API, XSLT, Microsoft Visual Source, SQL Reporting Services, IBM Rational XDE Developer Plus .NET, Maven,JMETER
Confidential, Harrison, New york
- Extensively involved in all stages of testing life cycle, Test Driven Development methodologies and Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) using Agile , Scrum methodologies.
- Designed data-driven testing framework in Selenium and captured data dynamically from web controls.
- H as very strong exposure on Performance using Load Runner Jakarta JMeter, Parasoft SOA Tool and Performance Center.
- Good Experience in phyton. Worked with companies to implement Python programming and train on-site Python Programmers
- Good experience with packet analyzer tools like wire-shark for Ethernet and Omnipeek for WLAN.
- Proficient in multiplatform (Windows. Linux(KDB), MacOS) and cross browser testing (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera) as well as Mobile testing on different devices (Android, iOS, Windows Phone).
- Creation of performance scripts in Jmeter , VSTS and VUGen
- Used nightwatch framework to write and automate end-end browser testing in selenium server.
- Used dataset, data reader, data view to read data using ADO.Net objects.
- Responsible for advanced enterprise WLAN administration and design, mesh networks, and point-to-point and point-to-multipoint topologies.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Configured python Web Driver, TestNG , Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in Java using TestNG framework and page object model (POM).
- Created different hierarchical, interactive storage reports using C# for Streams/OpComs, Locations, Datacenters that displays monthly, most recent Capacity, Assigned, Used, Unused, Efficiency, Cost figures.
- Participated in understanding functionality of SMTP constructs and software products.
- Maintained development infrastrcutre including nexus artifact repository, Bamboo CI server,JIRA.
- Created batch technology files for deployment IVT (Integration Verification Testing) and integrated it with build forge to monitor the system after CCE packages have been deployed.
- Experienced in using Test Management Tools such as TFS, Rally, JIRA, Bugzilla and quality center(ALM) bug reporting tools to track test progress, execution and deliverables.
- Analyze and report errors in the Bamboo to the development team
- Experienced in API and Web Service Testing using Soap UI pro on Soap /REST Protocols.
- Cucumber was used for the entire regression testing and functional testing with Selenium as primary tool to the Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test conditions identified.
- Developed Scenarios and Feature Files for the acceptance Tests on SpecFlow
- Configured ANT build scripts to run tests, develops reports and sends notifications.
- Wrote acceptance test using BDD Cucumber , Java.
- Perform Web Service Testing using JSON and XML, RESTFull API automation with GET/POST/PUT/DELETE.
- Experienced in automation using shell scripting
- Worked with TCP/IP on various platforms, including HTTP/S and SMTP client and server implementations in a variety of languages .
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, Cucumber, Test-NG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using Test-NG prior to next quarter release
- Involved in Designing & developing data driven framework using Selenium Web Driver , Testing and implemented Java Mail to send the regression result automatically.
- Configured selenium grid in order to execute the parallel script.
- Involved in creating automation test suites for progression & regression testing in SoapUI. The messaging formats included REST based clients with XML payload.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Used Firebug to do web based testing with selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Status reporting and test updating in Quality Center/ALM.
- Used Maven to manage Project's build and dependencies and Jenkins for deployments to environments.
- Extensively worked on automated testing tools such as Selenium, Win Runner 8.2/8.0/7.6/7.0, Quality Center, Test Director, Quick Test Professional 10.0/9.2/9.0/8.2 and efficient in writing Test Scripts for automation
- Extensively worked with Version Control Systems GIT.
- Developed BDD and TDD script with Cucumbe r and written step definition for Gherkin based features.
- I mplemented quota checking during SMTP session identified performance bottlenecks, optimized server code
- Introduced unit testing by using Nunit framework by using Dapper technology
- Created automation framework and test scripts using Selenium Web-Driver for multiple platforms and browsers testing
- Performed Data Analysis and developed Data Mapping documents for Reporting projects by using several data analysis software.
- Used to modify the bindings that WCF provides to support common scenarios and used in windows communication foundation .Netbindings for services and clients imperatively in code and declarative using configuration.
- Used Rest API by using the RestSharp.
- Performed functional testing with Selenium , defined various checkpoints to verify results and performed tests using test driven data.
- Tested applications compatibility on different platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac OS), browser versions(IE,Firefox, Safari and Chrome) and Mobile Devices (iOS, Android, Windows Phone)
- Used IOS emulator and simulator in testing the mobile. developed and implement Page Object Model Pattern based Keyword Driven automation testing framework utilizing Java, Test-NG and Selenium Web-Driver
- Designed and implemented re-usable Automation test scripts using industry standard tools like QTP.
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through XPath, CSSLocators.
- Developed an extensive test suite and performed tests in local environments using Coded UI.
Confidential, Pompano Beach, FL
- Used Selenium RC for testing different browser, Selenium Grid for checking instance of server and Selenium IDE for record and playback.
- Experience in developing applications using ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web Forms, LINQ and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF).
- Ran the scripts for multiple users using controller in Laod runner for CCT GUI/ API regression/Load testing.
- Extensively worked on JMeter to create Thread Groups and test Web Application for various loads on key business scenarios.
- The position involved looking after the physical network, the UNIX systems and networks, helpdesk, a multi-site email network with SMTP , backups, user account synchronisation and availability across the wide range of internal OSes, and running Iona's main internet servers, net connection and firewall.
- Conducted client consultations for WLAN/WAN hardware and software, including networks, routers, and servers. Analyzed business needs and recommended solutions
- Created and executed database queries (SQL) to validate database data integrity
- Developed Java test scripts in Selenium for Page Object Frame Work.
- Prepared and executed of test scripts using JMeter and SOAP UI tool to perform Web Services testing.
- Good Experience on Selenium IDE and creating Scripts in selenium --RC by using Java
- Experience in testing EDI according to HIPAA compliance.
- Used SOAPUI (use of groovy script) for test data setup in Test Driven Development.
- Identifying and preparing test data for Manual and Mobile Testing.
- Updated test cases and test scripts according to changed requirements as well as using Quick TestPro for regression testing.
- Expertise in test management tools like HP ALM/QC and Bug Tracking tools like Bugzilla to prioritize, classify bugs and tracked defects.
- Extensive testing ETL experience using Informatica 8.1/7.1/6.2 (Power Center/ Power Mart) (Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Server Manager).
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API
- Involved in testing web services and XML with tool called SOAP UI and using this tool to locate WSDL file on internet, created Test cases and run them.
- Identified software capability and reliability by conducting functional, system, and regression and performance tests.
- Documented and reported test outcomes by collecting, analyzing, interpreting and summarizing data to development team.
- Assisted in reproducing, investigating and debugging software issues in coordination with the development team.
- Worked with minimal supervision, whilst being responsive in a fast paced development environment. Also, mentored others in software testing best practices.
- Filed by filed logic validation based on business requirements between different stages.
- Record Reconciliation based on extraction logic (Row counts balancing between Source Staging DWH DM).
- Works closely with developers and business analysts to define test scenarios and develop a plan to accomplish the test objective.
Environment: Selenium IDE/RC/Grid, Junit, WinRunner, Bugzilla, SOAP UI,Rest, Loadrunner, QuickTest Pro, SQL, WebLogic, Windows, waterfall, Quality Center, IP SWITCH, PGP desktop, Oracle, Bugzilla,JMETER.
Confidential, Springfield, IL
QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in writing and executing detailed Test cases, Test plans and Test design documents.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium RC,Junit and Java (7Eclipse IDE) contributed in framework creation.
- Developed Automation Scripts, Execution and Analysis Test Results using a Hybrid Framework in Selenium RC.
- Created test planning and participated in execution for API testing using Test harness tool.
- Implemented Modular Frame work for Selenium RC scripts using Java in Page Library model.
- Developed a Data Driven Framework using Selenium RC/IDE.
- Performed Functional testing of modules, Tracked defect in bugzilla, assigned them to appropriate development team and follow up with them till closure.
- Performed functionality and regression testing during the various phases of the application using Selenium RC.
- Automated suitable test cases for Regression Testing using JUnit for back end automation.
- Involved in creating automation test suites for progression & regression testing in SOAPUI.The messaging formats included SOAP over HTTP&REST based clients with XML payload.
- Identified Test cases based on the requirements, participated in implementation of Test Cases, and Test Script according to the Business Requirements, System Requirements.
- Tested request and response XML's based web services interfaces using SoapUI.
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix and also updated the Requirement traceability matrix timely with the changes in HP Quality Center.
- Involved in providing the efficient locators strategy like XPath and CSS to run Selenium RC script in stable condition.
- Used Jira for Bug Tracking, Bug fixing, and Bug Reporting.
- Involved in the Database Testing using SQL Quires of the Application like checking all the Tables in the Database and checking whether the data is moving in their Respective Tables.
Environment: Selenium RC/IDE, Eclipse, Windows, Agile Methodology, SoapUI, Rest, MS Office tools, Jira, Oracle, SQL Server, HTML, XML, VSS Windows and UNIX, Bugzilla,JMETER.
- Analysis of Automation tool (Test Partner) as per application.
- Preparation and execution of Test Scripts with these Tools.
- Involved in Preparation of POC (Proof of Concept) of Test Automation with the Tools.
- Involved in Manual Testing, Setup maintenance and Bug reporting/closure activities.
- Involved in Regression Testing.
- Ran the scripts for multiple users using controller in Laod runner for CCT GUI/ API regression/Load testing.
- Loaded test data from a SQL server in to the web application.
- Involved in Reviews of F-Spec, Test cases.
- Responsible for Planning, Designing, Development, Testing of in-house tool “Effort Estimation Tool” in Visual Basic.
Environment: Quality Centre, QTP, Test Partner, Windows XP, Oracle, SQL.