- Almost 8 years of IT work experience as QA Team Lead/Manager and Systems Analyst spanning Software Quality Assurance, Process Improvements and Quality Control Management working in Agile, Interactive and Waterfall Methodologies for Web based, Client - Server, SOA Applications, and Data warehouse.
- Expert in testing web based and mobile applications in various iOS and android devices. Also expertise in using Mobile labs- Perfecto.
- Solid knowledge of testing methodologies primarily Agile.
- Proficient in using requirements and project management/defect management tools like: Rally, TDP, Jira. As well as performance testing using Jmeter.
- Experience working in Global Delivery Model and managing Offshore-onshore communications.
- Experience in customer / client interaction, offshore team management, quick understanding of business systems functionality, and problem resolution with a customer centric approach.
- Expertise in creating Test Plans, Test Strategies, Manual testing, Test Scripts, SQL Queries, Quality Assurance, Business process testing (BPT), and Reliability Testing.
- Act as a QA lead, and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the test teams to ensure that the business and system requirements have been tested thoroughly and all quality standards are met before deployment/release.
- Experienced in developing comprehensive test plans including Assembly, Application Readiness, Integrated System, and Performance testing.
- Created and executed functional and technical test cases for data validation, report validation, and performance scripts.
- Coordinated integrated project testing timelines and cross platform data dependencies, and guided client testing schedules with defect reporting through User Acceptance Testing.
- Expertise in gathering and implementing quality standards, compliance, and processes to ensure that functional and technical business requirements for large, complex business information systems meet client needs.
- Team player and a technical leader with a demonstrated talent for problem-solving, multi-tasking, negotiation & persuasion, and bringing complex projects with competing priorities to completion within required time and financial constraints.
- Proficient in creating Use Cases, Context diagram, Activity diagram, Class Diagram and Sequence Diagram
- Experienced in SQL, data validation, writing SQL queries, and table manipulations
Application: Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence, Web based applications, Portals
Database: Big Data, Oracle, Micro strategy, OBIEE, Hyperion
Data Modeling: ADRM, MS Visio, Erwin
Languages: PL/SQL, SQL, Qlikview
Methodologies: Agile certified
Tools: Rally, TDP, Jira, HP- ALM, J-Meter
QA Test LeadResponsibilities:
- Leading multiple (3) projects simultaneously as testing team lead, managing a team of 8 testers.
- Leading offshore testing team and ensures accuracy and thoroughness of all testing efforts.
- Defines the test strategy for various projects, communicate that strategy to the team, manage the team’s work and report in project scrum calls.
- Coordinate the work and resources to different projects to fit the defined project schedule/budget . Eliminating any road blocks faced by the team.
- Lead daily testing status meetings and ensure defects reported are managed promptly according to the company standard defect tracking process
- Works closely with developers and management through the entire SDLC to ensure all requirements were covered and defects were fixed.
- Conduct feature, smoke, functional, regression and integration testing.
- Conduct and leads production post validation testing for every sprint.
- Conduct testing across multiple browsers.
- Conduct mobile app testing using various iOS and Android devices.
- Ensure the accuracy of test case and technical documentation mapping.
- Ensure testing standards meet the requirements. Validate the solution is consistent with both Functional and Non-Functional business requirements.
- Ensure that Business Requirements are testable by the User and accurately mapped to System Requirements that can be tested in End-To-End System Flow through.
- Coordinate User Acceptance Testing and Post production validating testing with test scripts, resource assignments and reporting issues.
- Responsibilities include overseeing project scope & client request alignment throughout the life of the project, ensure system solution alignment with Business scope.
- Provide SME input to determine how business process intersects with technology to create a holistic solution by communicating with business operation representatives and system/application users
- Participate in requirement gathering through various meetings and interactions with the client and onsite as required
- Provide technical input or bring to the table Technical SME's who can help to resolve delivery risks.
QA Test LeadResponsibilities:
- Managed a team of 5 testers to deliver quality standards by coordinating with testing team, dev team and scrum team.
- Conducted smoke, functional and regression testing of web-based application.
- Performed performance testing using j-meter, prepared various bar chart presentations and conducted client meetings to communicate the results.
- Managed offshore teams, mentor junior team members, generated status reports, dashboards, and worked with Project managers, and IT/QA managers on assignments spanning multiple teams.
- Oversee regression testing on high level functionality of previous releases to ensure new code / configuration does not adversely impact existing code / applications already in production.
- Lead the effort for automating existing regression test scenarios.
- Actively participated in daily defect calls to track and resolve the defects in efficient and timely manner. Use root cause analysis to ensure optimum path forward and minimize defect.
- Analyzed the test results and graphs by generating different reports reflecting the stability of the application.
- Reviewed and revised technical documentation to ensure that all system enhancements and software changes were correctly documented for future releases.
- Ensured that all software defects were identified, clearly documented and corrected.
Systems Analyst/ QA Test LeadResponsibilities:
- Worked as a Systems Analyst and gathered detailed requirements, documented process flows and prepared mock-up screens for the Workflow Automation which was designed to send requests for an automated workflow solution to facilitate the complete end-to-end business process.
- Prepared workflow charts and diagrams to specify in detail operations to be performed by equipment and computer programs and operations to be performed by personnel in system.
- Prepared business process models; used Visio to create mock up screens and process flows to provide a baseline for screen design.
- Conducted interviews, observation sessions, questionnaires with the sales team to understand the difficulty accessing the up-to-date data and customer's information.
- Involved in Gap Analysis for the proposed functionalities to understand the changes required and document those changes after they were approved.
- Worked with the QA and business team to conduct user acceptance testing (UAT) on build or modified applications prior to production deployment
- Reviewed test case scenarios and requirements traceability matrix to ensure complete coverage of the business requirements
- Ensuring testing standards meet the requirements. Validate the solution is consistent with both Functional and Non-Functional business requirements.
- Responsible for translating BRDs into use-cases, and context diagrams and used UML to visually model the system. Developed Activity Diagrams, Use Case Diagrams, DFD’s and Workflow Diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Interfaced with developers and business analysts Confidential each client site to correctly assess and identify specific short and long term testing needs using the SDLC.
- Reviewed and assessed functional specs and requirements documentation to prepare for test plan and test case creation.
- Worked in several environments and utilized several tracking systems.
- Conducted functional and regression testing of all areas of the client’s proprietary software.
- Logged and managed all defects reporting metrics back to management each day.
- Work with the Business team to define the requirements and prepare the Business and Functional requirement documents.
- Participate in the requirement analysis discussions in order to finalize the requirements.
- Create and maintain business and system requirement documentation and related IT documents (review documents, traceability matrix) for project implementation in accordance to the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) model
- Work with the Data Architect to assist in understanding the business requirements and assumptions. Also work with application development team members to gather additional information
- Work with the reporting team to identify the business elements that would be required for reporting.
- Schedule and facilitate documentation review sessions with all stakeholders involved and act as a liaison between Business and development team.
- Managed business requirement(s) submissions to QA team for the purpose of creating user acceptance test (UAT) cases and test scripts in HP Quality center
- On-going efforts with user experience, development and application support teams to develop and oversee incident management process
- Work with the Business team to define the requirements and prepare the Business and Functional /Non functional requirement documents
- Work with the Development team to assist in understanding the business requirements and assumptions. Also worked with development team members to gather additional information. i.e. Informatica, Teradata, for subject matter input and documentation related to requirements.
- Meet with business team to interpret the requirements and assist in user acceptance testing.
- Used HP Quality Center to document requirements, test plan/cases and defects.