- Over 5 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance using QA methodologies of WebServices, SOA and Client/Server Windows & Web applications.
- Extensively involved in both Manual and Automated testing of Object Oriented, Client - Server, Web based and N-Tier complex large scale applications.
- Involved in GUI Testing, Sanity Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, Interface Testing, System Testing, Memory Leakage Testing, Load Testing, Database Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Experienced in POS hardware testing like Barcode scanners.
- Experienced in Financial Reporting and Sales Reporting.
- Experienced in planning and executing System, Integration, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Performance, Load and Stress Testing.
- Managing all aspects of Testing Process and Maintaining Project DB of tests that cover all aspects of Application’s functionality using Quality Centre.
- Experienced in using Mercury Interactive automated TestingTools like QuickTest Pro, Quality Center, TestDirector.
- Experienced in using Compuware Test Interactive tools like CARS Workbench as Test Management tool and Changepoint as Defect tracking tool. Experience in JIRA Bug Tracking Tool.
- Experience in using IDE’s (Integrated Development Environment) such as Eclipse, WEBLOGIC Work bench.
- Involved in Database Creation/Up-gradation, Database Testing and Database Scripts Verification using TOAD and SQL Plus.
- Involved in Build Release Management.
- Experience in Defining Testing Methodologies, designing Test Plans and creating Test Cases, Verifying and Validating Application Software and Documentation based on standards for Software Development and effective QA implementation in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience on working with various SDLC Approaches like Agile, Waterfall and Test Driven Environment.
- Extensively worked on OEM for backend testing using SQL on both Oracle and SQL Server databases.
- Experienced in Shell scripting for file and data validations in UNIX environment.
- Strong working experience in Windows NT/2000 administration.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, intuitive, analysis and leadership skills.
- Proven ability to work efficiently in both independent and teamwork environments.
Testing Tools: HP-Mercury QuickTestPro 9.2, HP- Quality Center9.0,8.2, CARS Workbench,CARS Changepoint, JIRA, WinRunner7.8, QuickTest Pro 6.5, Test Director 7.6, OEM
OS/Server: Bluezone Mainframe, Solaris 2.8, Windows 2000/XP, HP-UX .
Scripting Language: SQL, PL/SQL, Developer 2000,VB 6.0, HTML, XML, VBScripting.
RDBMS: MS-Access, SQL Server, Oracle 7.x/8.x/9i/10g/11g.
Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS
Application Servers: BEA Web Logic, Sun Java system application server, IBM WebSphere
Web Servers: Sun Solaris, Java system Web Server,IIS
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Quality Assurance TesterResponsibilities:
- Running SQL Scripts on the Database.
- Verifying the database prerequisites before upgrading to next version.
- Opening the web-browser and launching the url in the address bar thus making sure for the successful configuration of web modules in IIS.
- Responsible for testing all aspects of web site and web application.
- Testing Client/Server Applications, Web based applications for Functionality Testing, Usability Testing, Interface Testing, Database Testing, Compatibility Testing, Performance Testing, Security Testing and Crowd Testing.
- Hands-on experience working with Project Tracking and Issue Tracking Tool JIRA.
- Logging Bugs and tracking them to closure in JIRA Dashboard.
- Executing and Documenting the Root Cause Analysis for the bugs reported in JIRA.
- Interacting with the development people and making sure that the bug is resolved and closed.
- Preparation of Sanity Guides and Check lists.
- Responsible for the complete documentation in all levels of Testing process.
- Results analysis and Bug Reporting.
- Training provided to the whole Testing team on Web Application testing process.
- Upgrading the different earlier versions databases with the latest versions and finding out the discrepancies that crept into the scripts.
- Testing the product of all kinds of constraints like Primary keys, foreign keys and table spaces.
- Automated the Acceptance test of the core functionality of the Service Oriented Architecture(SOA) based application Confidential within Confidential ’s Merchandising Division.
- Senior tester for Web Services on Vendor Collaboration & Vendor Item Performance Reporting project.
- Maintaining Unified Approach via High level data requirements, Required Data Loads, System Testing, Integration Testing and End to End Testing.
- Extensively contributed in the generation of test Cases and Test Metrics for this project.
- Developed numerous Test Cases and TestPlan document adhering to the System Requirements Specification documents and Wireframes. Performed Data Validation Testing, Functionality and RegressionTesting for various OpDiv Reports and Mainframe functions.
- Execution of test plans (Smoke, System Integration Testing, Functional and End to End Testing) for Web based application portal.
- Logged Defects Analyzed the defect data and interfaced with different stakeholders of the project in resolving issues, using Bugzilla/Bugtracker to document bugs.
- Responsible for entering the bug defects in Changepoint, Bugtracker Tools. Worked with developers and business users to ensure that bugs are resolved.
- Documenting the Test Scripts into the Test Management Tool called CARS (Compuware Application Reliability Service)
- Generated test report data for in UAT environment.
- Trained new Testers who joined the team later.
- Extensively contributed in the generation of test schedule for this project.
- Project and our good team work is praised by Confidential ’S Director.
- Project was awarded “Best in Show” by Confidential ’s West Director Technology.
- Performed risk assessment of all Qualification Test Scripts, based on the functionality that they tested.
- Prepared, planned and executed the Qualification Test Scripts during Functional Testing, Data Validation Testing, System Testing and Regression testing using Quality Center and Quick Test Pro for Manual/Automated testing.
- Documented testing progress and logged bugs and prioritized in Bug Tracker software. Periodic follow-up of issues assigned was also done.
- Actively participated in bug review meetings and status meeting.
- Was responsible to perform Smoke Test before the new Application Build was deployed in the Testing Environment.
- Interacted with Developers, Business Analysts and DBA’s to resolve technical issues and nail down defects.
- Participated in a pre-UAT shakedown of test scripts to minimize test script issues and data inconsistencies during UAT.
- Performed the task as users to imitate Real Users for Performance Testing to test the application under real time scenarios.
- Wrote complex SQL queries using TOAD and Query Analyzer for creation, deletion, updation, verification and validation of data.
- Reviewed Business Requirement Documents and System Requirement Specifications.
- Used Test Director to create and manage both manual and automated test cases.
- Wrote test cases and performed functional testing of the interface manually.
- Involved in Regression Testing and automated the scripts using WinRunner.
- Created data driven script to be used with various data.
- Involved in Performance and Load Testing using LoadRunner with Senior Analyst.
- Executed both manual and goal oriented scenarios using the WinRunner .
- Responsible for analysis, reports and defect tracking using Test Director.
- Extensively used OEM for backend Testing.
- Performed Back End testing on SQL Server to execute different complex queries.