- Over 11 years of experience in IT with emphasis on Quality Assurance and Test Management.
- Well knowledge in complex functional testing along with Agile/Scrum experience, played the role of a Scrum Master in my previous company. Towards the release of the product, my responsibilities would include UAT/BAT and most of the times, I would have to provide
- Test management/leadership expertise to the senior leadership teams.
- Proven ability in working with fast paced requirements conducting manual testing on Client - Server as well as multi-tier applications performing System Integration, Functional, Sanity, Smoke and Regression testing.
- Strong knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Expertise in execution of Test cases, Data Validation and Verifications, Regression, Integration and System Testing
- Facilitated UAT (User Acceptance Testing) for Business Users
- Experienced in Manual Testing using different Test management tools such as CA Agile Central, HP QC/ALM
- Defining, implementing and maintaining defect reporting and tracking process, facilitated Defect Control Board meetings with different vendors and departments for fix and closure
- Cross functional expertise, strong interpersonal skills and a good knowledge of planning, organizing and management skills
- Articulate, Good relationship skills, strong business insights with the ability to conceive and execute the deliverable efficiently.
- CA Agile Central/Rally
- HP Quality Center (ALM)
- HP QuickTest Professional
- Pivotal Tracker
- Waterfall Methodology
- Agile Methodology
- SQL Server
- Oracle 10/11g
- SQL Developer
- MS Suite
- Enterprise Architect
- Social Media plug - ins (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn)
- Online Volunteering Application (Volgistics)
- Online Event sites (EventBrite)
- Amazon S3 services
- Online Marketing site (ExactTarget - Email Marketing and Cross Channel Marketing)
Lead Software QA Analyst/Leader - QA
Environment: Office 365, SOAPUI, Fiddler, Agile Scrum, Kanban, CA Agile Central
Applications: MyIdentityAssist, CreditDefend, Value Added Services, CISCO dialer integration
- Monitors personal information online
- Raises alerts when personal information and privacy is at risk
- Educates customers on the risks of identity theft
- Helps to restore identity in the event of theft or loss
- Credit Monitoring Services
- Monitors credit files every day
- Raises alerts when there are significant credit file changes
- Provides monthly credit score updates and quarterly credit report updates
- Perfected the role of a scrum master
- Setting up a self-organizing team
- Created an open mindset when following Agile
- Increased the team efficiency from 40 to 78% within 8 months
- Streamlined the sprint planning, scrum stand up, sprint retrospective, review and demo
- Liaison with the product owners for the direction and the roadmap to vet out more work
- Contributed actively in compiling metrics and reports for the Leadership teams
- Develop and implement a Regression suite for the project that can be used by different teams
- Provide Functional sign off after integration testing for every release
- Ensure proper tracking of team status and making best use of the Agile Central
- Participate in extended BAT during Production Support
- Transitioned the product knowledge to the junior resources for better team productivity
- Increased the team utilization from 70 to 84% within 6 months.
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
Confidential - Eagan, MN
- Analyze business requirements and system design specifications to determine feasibility of testing services within the time and cost constraints.
- Confer with business analysts, technical engineers, architects to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Understand the system to lead testing and validation activities and develop test scripts.
- Develop, document and maintain test scripts and other test artifacts like the test data.
- Develop and maintain test plan for projects. Facilitate test plan review meetings with cross-functional team members.
- Interact with Business teams to analyze and test business applications.
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test scripts and report test results.
- Analyze Extensible Markup Language and Oracle Databases to ensure the quality of the product.
- Identify issues and defects and log them in IBM Clear Quest, escalate the issues to the project management for resolution.
- Ensure requirement traceability to defects and test scripts for quality coverage.
Confidential - Eagan, MN
- Established an onsite, offshore testing model, where the Requirements and other supporting documents along with user manuals and design documents were analyzed
- The Test Scenarios and Test cases were created based on priority and with multiple interactions with the Business team.
- Responsible for streamline testing workflow, to co-ordinate deadlines, risks and issues with the Project Test Manager, keep track on the overall quality for the testing project.
- Worked closely with business and technical teams to determine project releases for specific projects. Facilitated Business acceptance testing with the end users. Set expectations from the testing team to work within the parameters of the project business plan and scope.
- Worked with the Business stakeholders, program managers and application owners of the organization to conduct project analysis, risk/issue analysis and schedule for major project decisions.
- Work directly with users/employees to translate customer business requirements into functional requirement specifications for System integration testing.
- Contributed towards improvement of process and feedbacks and suggestions for continuous process improvement.
- Responsible in assuring that the testing teams adheres to project timelines and performs the testing within the defined scope of the project and provide guidance to testers when needed.
Confidential - Franklin, TN
- Performed as a Testing Lead and Test Analyst in testing multiple projects with team sizes from 10 to 15 with an onsite and offshore model
- Providing testing services in requirement analysis, design and during new development projects for companywide changes.
- Implemented enhanced process around test execution, defect tracking and reporting using tools like HP Quality Center and excel spreadsheets.
- Successfully completed the project within the set scope. Delivered all deliverables as defined by the Project Management Office
- Worked collaboratively in partnership with development and business teams to establish and implement new processes and refine the process as testing progresses.
- Create a testing plan based on the master project plan, Schedule testing progress and defect control board meetings. Track the testing cost/schedule variances along with issues and risks.
- Provide weekly and daily status reports (Project portfolio reports, snapshot reports etc.…) for senior project managers, directors and VPs.
- Acted as a Test Engineer on a team of 6 people at offshore development center
- Analyzed requirements and project change requests and created test scenarios and test cases.
- Maintenance and consolidation of test suites in Quality Center
- Maintain the most current version of test cases in Quality Center based on project change request
- Documented the test results on a daily basis and reported to the Test Manager with daily/weekly test reports
- Document Risks and Issues and maintain downtime tracker for application down times.
- Train and provide knowledge management plan for new testers onboarding the project
- Co-ordinate with the onsite test lead for daily work tasks and prioritizing them accordingly.
- Prepared Test Evaluation Summary and Test Closure reports during project closure state.