- Software QA Manager with over 12 years of diversified experience in Information Technology, mainly in Software Quality Assurance. Demonstrated managerial skills in setting up of a QA department from ground up.
- SQA *Process management *Project management *Scrum *SharePoint*Team building *Virtualization *Automation *Outsourcing*Manual Testing*Retail Experience* Security testing * .NET Framework*Waterfall model
Lead QA Consultant
- Managing testing of the company’s various public facing websites
- Functional and non - functional testing including video/media clip testing for therapies
- Creating testing strategies and streamlining testing processes
- Advising the stakeholders on the releases
- Monitoring releases and providing risk framework, criteria and assessments regarding application deployment confidence
Manager of Quality Assurance
- Create and enforce software development process (SDLC) flows in collaboration with other department heads and product owners in order to continuously improve quality of software products.
- Create companywide standards for product, process and policy documentation
- Create workflows using MS Visio to standardize the processes
- As a member of Quality Board, created policies for software development and testing. These included using best practices and issue escalation.
- Created metrics for engineering and QA teams
- Created testing strategies to reduce time to market.
- Information architecture - SharePoint information management
- Created QA roadmap for short, medium and long term plans
- Worked with Project Management Office to implement Agile/scrum testing
- Trained the QA staff on testing fundamentals and automation
- Managed outsourcing team
- Established and expanded QA department from a team in flux to a stable QA team
- Updated the ad-hoc testing methods to re-usable methods
- Automation/testing tool selection
- Established Change control process and team
- Lead QA effort to help company become PCI compliant through OWASP top 10
- Lead team in testing the company’s retail websites on mobile devices (iPhone, Android, Blackberry and iPad) using live devices as well as simulators.
- Managed offshore development team
- Web services testing
Senior QA AnalystResponsibilities:
- Solely responsible for testing the company’s all software applications
- Test automation using QTP (.NET platforms)
- Test planning and test case writing
- Working with developers and business owners to resolve issues
- Load and performance testing
Software QA ConsultantResponsibilities:
- Planning, writing and executing tests for functional testing
- Installing software and patches on the test system
- Credit Card processing, settlement and authentication testing.
- Validation of transaction messages between hotel’s central server and properties
- Coordinating with QA and Brilliant/HSS developers
Environment: VFP, Win 2k, Win 95, Win98, WinNT, UNIX, C.
Software QA Consultant
- Module development, bug fixing and maintenance of the LIMS application
- Analyzed the application, Functional Requirement document and formulated the Test plan
- Implemented traceability for tests vis-à-vis the requirement specification documentation
- Doing the weekly version build and release build in Visual Source Safe.
- Developed test cases for functional testing
Environment: VB, Oracle, Java, Windows 2000, TOAD, SQL+, VSS, Rational ClearQuest
- Developed the cable identifier wizard and site profile wizard the application uses Tree View and List View controls to show the user how the site would look with the input data.
- Developed import functionality for cable identifier lists from a flat file to set a new site as per TIA-606-A cabling standard. These cable identifiers can also be downloaded on the hand-held tester, which runs on pSOS operating system.
- Validated cable data format as printed by Brady/LaserJet printers.
- Participating in the project meetings to implement the TIA-606 standards in the ScopeDataPro code and defect review
Environment: Windows NT, Windows SDK, MFC, Win32 API, Visual C++, Access, PVCS Tracker, VSS