- Over 7+ years of experience working as QA Engineer for Software Development and Testing life Cycle including preparation of Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Cases, Test summary reports for both Web and Client - Server Applications.
- Experience in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Bug life cycle and Methodologies like Agile, Waterfall and V model.
- Experience in designing and executing Automation Test scripts for web applications using Java, Selenium RC/IDE/Grid, Selenium WebDriver, Junit and TestNG.
- Experience in developing selenium automation framework using Junit/TestNG and developing ANT/Maven targets to execute automation suites from command line.
- Expert in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools Jenkins fornightly batch run of the Script.
- Experienced in making Data Driven and Keyword Driven framework to maintain test suite.
- Experience in converting QTP script to Selenium to support multiple browsers.
- Experience in developing and Implemented automation using Selenium WebDriver and Java. Used Eclipse IDE to develop & debug the code.
- Designed & Develop data driven framework using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and apache POI API.
- Proficient in Java and have sound knowledge on OOP (Object Oriented Programming) concept like polymorphism, encapsulation.
- Quality Assurance and Software Testing experience involving complex client/server and web based applications. Executing test cases, ad-hoc product testing, reporting bugs and reporting tester status, writing test scripts, test automation using diverse testing tools like Load Runner, Quick Test Professional and Quality Center.
- Experience in Writing and Executing the Test cases, analyzing the Test results and Defects Tracking.
- Expert in Functionality Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, System Testing, Black Box Testing, Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Ad-Hoc Testing.
- Experience testing SOA with RESTful/SOAP Web Services. Created entire architecture for backend testing internal and third party API using Test Complete and SOAP UI .
- Excellent knowledge in writing unique XPath using firebug and fire path to identify web elements.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, IBM Clear Quest, BugZilla etc.
- Expertise in back ends testing and writing SQL queries, Joins, procedures using Oracle and MySQL.
- Proficient in designing, reviewing and documenting system test plans, defining test procedures and creating test cases on the basis of product releases features, client’s requirements and related technical documents.
- Possess strong technical aptitude with strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- An effective communicator, committed team player, quick learner and rapid problem solver with commitment and a strong work ethic and ability to quickly adapt to new environments.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, Junit, TestNG, QTP, HP Quality Center, Soap UI, ALM, Cucumber, Jbehave
Web Debugging Tool: XPath, Firepath, Firebug.
Built Tools: Ant, Maven
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Cruise Control
Project Methodologies: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall, V-Model, TDD
Defect Tracking Tools: Jira, BugZilla, IBM Rational ClearQuest
Databases: SQL Server, MS Access, My SQL, Oracle
Operating Systems: Windows variants, UNIX
Confidential, Austin, TX
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed Business Requirements created testing strategies, testing plans and prepared detailed test cases for the Application under Test (AUT).
- Created and implemented Test Plan and Test Strategy Document outlining the scope, objectives, timeline and focus of software testing effort for functional, regression, user acceptance and stress testing.
- Developed and Implemented automation using Selenium WebDriver and Java. Used Eclipse IDE to develop & debug the code.
- Converted existing QTP script to Selenium to support multiple browsers.
- Designed & Developed data driven framework using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Apache POI API. Implemented Java Mail to send the regression result automatically.
- Used TestNG for testing framework. Implemented the script deployment in TestNG framework through command line and also integrated tests in Jenkins (Continuous Integration tool).
- Wrote Maven build scripts to automate the compilation and execution of TestNG test cases/suites for Lens Measurement screen, Lens Type Screen, Aftercare screen and two eye replication screens.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches
- Identified automation requirements & design automation framework, scripts in Selenium (WebDriver) integration with Jenkins/CI, code reviews, and scripts execution thru Grid (hub/nodes) on remote clients.
- Executed test data and regression tests scripts after a release to ensure system is functioning properly and no new issues have arisen and provided daily status updates to the respective track leads.
- Involved and responsible for creating Daily and weekly status reports regarding the progress of testing process.
- Tested the GUI Application (online forms and screens) and did analysis on the Paper based form to be as accurate as the online application.
- Done SOA testing for API's using SOAP UI and Java framework for web services testing.
- Validated web services using Groovy Scripts in SOAP UI.
- Extensively used Selenium (XPath and CSS locators) to test the web application.
- The entire Ruby scripting done using Cucumber framework Wrote and executed SQL queries to verify the data updates to various tables and ensure data integrity.
- Developed test cases and test scripts using BSD in order to perform the complete testing of the application.
- Verified Medicaid/Medicare/CHIP/Annual Income/Tax Information from different Hub like CMS/IRS/DHS/SSA as part of verification testing. (Center for Medicaid and Medicare services), DHS (Department of Health services), SSA (Social Security Administration), (Internal Revenue Service).
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Used ‘Atlassian JIRA’ for Defects management.
- Developed UAT test cases for End to End testing.
- Actively participated in Handover meetings, Business Analysis and design reviews for each release and identifying Critical test cases on each release.
Confidential, New York, NY
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed the user requirements, functional specifications and used Case documents for Functional testing.
- Developed and implemented robust MVC pattern base testing with Selenium WebDriver which cut down the script development time in half.
- Involved in automating test cases using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG.
- Wrote and executed automated test cases using Selenium WebDriver to automate manual testing solutions.
- Used Selenium WebDriver used to test search results of Meta search engine.
- Reviewed Specified Business Documents and prepared Test Cases using Quality Center based on the requirements.
- Developed automated script for back-end testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- As part of compatibility testing, executed the workflow manager web application related test cases on different browsers different Operating Systems.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG functions which reads data from property and XML files.
- Maintained and executed Maven build files for running automated tests.
- Used Maven to help manage project’s build, report and documentation across the network.
- Configured the test suite to Jenkins to make it run on every successful deployment, which helped reduce the feedback loop time to the developers.
- Used Cucumber for browser based testing with scenarios and situations.
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber.
- Created the data driven framework using HP Service Test and SOAP UI.
- Used Firebug and XPath for the web based application testing with selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Maintained Test Matrix and Project Matrix using an excel sheet to keep track of the Project's schedule and status.
- Familiarity with UAT for making website more user-friendly and for web-applications.
- Involved in writing SQL Queries for backend testing
- Coordinated with developers and record defects in JIRA to track until they are resolved.
- Extensively tested customer’s payments are sent directly to your commercial bank account using the latest security technology.
- Involved in weekly walkthroughs and inspection meetings, to verify the status of the testing effort and the project as a whole.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG, Maven, Cucumber, Jenkins, SOAP UI, XPath, Fire bug, Quality Center HTML, Oracle 11g,MSWord, MS Excel, PL/SQL, UNIX, Windows.
Confidential, Hoffman Estates, IL
- Extensively participated in Business Requirements meetings along with Business Analysts, Project Managers and Development leads.
- Extensively worked on Agile/ Agile Scrum methodology throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Worked on creating test case for Object -driven framework for Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, Junit and Java.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver and Junit functions which reads data from property and XML files.
- Involved in running Test scripts on different browsers using the Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed re-usable function using Junit for the Test Automation.
- Used Ant for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Involved in Writing ANT build scripts to automate the compilation and execution of Junit test cases/suites for VIN service, common data service, and Admin UI and java client modules.
- Involved in the Continuous Integration of the automation framework with Jenkins.
- Implemented Automated execution of tests(nightly and need based) using Ant andJenkins
- Involved in providing the efficient locators strategy like XPath and CSS to run WebDriver script in stable condition.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Preparation and execution of test scripts using JMeter and SOAP UI tool to perform Web Services testing.
- Involved in writing unique XPath using firebug and fire path to identify web elements.
- Assigned the new projects to testing team and track the Review schedules and Testing Status.
- Executed Shell Scripting, UNIXCron Jobs and verify the logs to trouble shoot the issues.
- Involved in tracking and reporting defects using Quality Center and was also responsible for communicating the status to the development team.
- Developed and executed SQL queries in the database to conduct Data integrity testing by checking the data tables on the server.
- Proficient in Agile development and Scrum methodology.
- Created concise and clear reports for distribution and presentation to senior management on daily and weekly basis. Experience monitoring and tracking implementation plans.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Cucumber, Junit, Ant, SOAP UI, XPath, Eclipse, CSS, HTML, XML, JMeter, Quality Center, Java Script, Agile, Firebug, Firepath, SQL, Oracle and Windows.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Worked closely with development team in creating automated scripts for the application using Selenium.
- Effectively implemented different QA Methodologies/ Policies, Strategies and plans in all stages of SDLC.
- Prepared Test strategy and Test Plan for each Release cycle.
- Involved in setting up configuring the testing environment with Eclipse, Junit, SeleniumRC and Selenium Web driver.
- Developed and implemented robust Keyword driven framework with Selenium RC which cut down the script development time in half.
- Developed and executed the test scripts with Selenium and Java.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and Junit framework.
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application development using Selenium IDE.
- Developed ANT Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts developed in Selenium RC.
- Wrote automation scripts in Quality Center for System, Functional and Integration Testing.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test Automation (Java /Junit).
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through XPath, CSS Locators.
- Used Selenium RC for testing different browser, Selenium Grid for checking instance of sever and Selenium IDE for record and play back.
- Converted all record and play back test cases into Selenium automated scripts.
- Developed Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure appropriate level of test coverage.
- Enter and maintain defect information in Defect Tracking System, JIRA.
- Created and executed database queries (SQL) to validate database data integrity.
- Worked with appropriate development and technical support teams to triage, assess and solution.
- Worked closely with different functional team including Development, QA, Sales and Business.
Environment: Java, Selenium IDE/RC/Grid, Eclipse, Junit, Ant, HTML, Eclipse IDE, Agile, XPATH, JIRA, Quality Center, XML, SQL, JSP, Oracle 10g, Windows.
- Created test plans and test cases in concert with system engineers and web designers.
- Involved validating sites across browsers and operating systems, the accuracy of links, visual presentation and its alignment with design specifications, and database updates.
- Tested the application manually prior to automation for functional testing.
- Performed Manual performance testing to identify various critical points in the application.
- Created Test Cases Test Plans and Test labs using Quality Centre.
- Prepared Test Plan to identify software risks and ways to mitigate the risks.
- Prepared Test Strategy to identify the overall approach for testing.
- Performed the Manual Testing of the application before switching over to the automation phase.
- Performed Manual Testing to check flow of the application.
- During testing life cycle, performed different types of testing like System Testing, Integration Testing and Regression Testing.
- Performed Functional, Integration, System, GUI, Cross Browser compatibility, Ad- Hoc Testing.
- Prepared Test Cases with the complete description of requirements, uploaded test cases and report results into Quality Center.
- Supported new and existing products by configuring and testing software products and software components of a website.
- Provided Estimates for testing and updated the Project Plan with the testing timelines.
- Wrote SQL queries and statements to test database for retrieving information.
- Coordinated the walkthrough and kickoff meetings with developers and project managers.
Environment: Java, Manual Testing, Quality Center, HTML, CSS, Java Script, BugZilla, Oracle, SQL, Windows.