- Over 7 years in the Quality Assurance/Software Testing industry with deep understanding & experience of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), various methodologies - Agile, Scrum, XP, Iterative and creation & execution of manual & automated test scripts for both web based & client server applications
- Designing and implementing an automated test process, managing and leading Onsite & offshore QA resources, create and report project health statistics to upper management.
- Experience in Mobile Testing of leading-edge mobile applications on various OSs & environments - iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry
- Productive working knowledge of all Microsoft Office software products - including Microsoft Project, Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
- Advanced knowledge of HP manual & automated testing tools, Test and defect management tool Quality Center (QC) and QuickTest Professional (QTP) for Functional & Regression Testing
- Expert in writing and executing Test Plans, Requirements Traceability Matrices (RTM), Test Cases and Test Scripts from Requirements, Use Cases, Design Documents and other project documentation
- Proficient in performing various types of testing, including Functional, Black-Box, GUI, Smoke, Regression, Load and System Testing of Web & Client Server based applications by various testing tools
- Knowledge of software build, configuration and release process supporting SDLC
- Well-versed in SQL Server & Oracle environments to query and manipulate data for data validation, manipulation and verification by SQL and PL/SQL
- Experienced with automated testing tool - including maintain framework and reusable test components & Actions in QuickTest Professional (QTP)
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with time-sensitive deadlines
- Quality to coach and mentor other QA Team/Engineers in writing good & smart test cases & defects, and application of quality principles
- Ability to manage time and priorities according to team/project objectives, in a fast-paced project environment - Agile, Scrum, XP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in expressing ideas clearly to individuals and groups including the ability to effectively document procedures, processes and results
Operating System: MS Windows XP Professional, Vista, 7 & 8, UNIX, Linux, MS Word, Excel, Visio
Language: VBScript, TSL, HTML, SQL, PL/SQL, Java, J2EE, C++, PHP, ASP.NET
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center, JIRA, BugZilla, HP Quick Test Professional (QTP), Selenium IDE, WebDriver, SharePoint, Browserstack, Test Magic.
Browsers & Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server 2000, DB2, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, HTTP, FTP
Mobile Technologies: SeeTest, Perfect Mobile, Appium, Mite, Android OS, Apple IOS, Tablets, RIM OS, CDMA, LTE, 3G, 4G
Lead QA Engineer
Confidential, Buffalo, NY
- Engaging with Business Managers and IT PMs to gather project Automation Requirements.
- Leading the projects and working with Project Manager (PM) to identify project risks; define Exit Criteria for each.
- Defining requirements for the integration of the systems. Scheduling and conducting meetings with SMEs.
- Creating estimates after feasibility analysis and sign off on SLA with the business.
- Allocating resources after funding approval and managing the overall testing life cycle.
- Facilitated a smooth transition for all Fulfillment QC & QA functions from offshore vendor SLK to MTB.
- Managing a team of 9 QA resources in offshore & onsite who are direct reports to me.
- Engaging in Client Meetings to collect the requirements and application behavior requirements.
- Participated in Kick off meetings, reviewing and analyzing the project requirements, onsite & offshore coordination, managing testing effort for applications Co-ordinate with stakeholders at all levels to manage project dependencies for smooth running of project.
- Building of Automation Strategy for different projects enterprise wide.
- Providing Proof of Concept for framework selection and Automation tool selection from vendors.
- Providing testing summary reports to business, technical team and senior management on a daily basis also providing consolidated reports after completion of each cycle.
- Experienced with projects through SDLC (Software development life cycle) and STLC (Software testing life cycle)
- Expertise in Automated-testing includes concentrated application, training and interaction with HP Tools like UFT/QuickTest Professional (QTP), SOAP UI and ALM/ Quality Center, Test Magic (EZscript).
- Expert at defect-reporting and defect-tracking using the test management tool ALM, Quality center.
- Working with Web Services using Fiddler, Charles Proxy, SOAPUI, rest and XML.
- Experienced in creating, enhancing and maintaining high-end test scripts for various functional and regression testing using QuickTest Professional (QTP) and VBScript.
- Testing on various mobile platforms, testing native apps on iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch), Android, BlackBerry, WebOS, etc.
- Working with the Android Virtual Device (AVD) emulator for prototyping Android application.
Lead QA Engineer
Confidential, Waltham, MA
- Designed, documented, and executed comprehensive Manual & Automated test suites to validate new/changed functionalities within various applications from various Project Artifacts
- Lead and developed testing approaches, Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Scripts that meets System requirement and project milestone
- Monitored and re-tested defects that have been fixed by Development team in Quality Center (QC) & Jira
- Expert using various tools for Build Management in Continuous Integration (CI) Environments such as FileZilla & Bamboo
- Maintain automated testing scripts using automation tool Selenium (IDE & WebDriver & Appium) by various Automation Framework - Data Driven, Keyword Driven and Hybrid
- Automated Mobile Application Test scenario on Android, IPhone, Windows Mobile phones and tablets and enhanced the script to run on multiple devices and operating systems using SEETEST & Mobile Internet Testing Environment (MITE)
- Experience with adaptive/smooth or dynamic streaming protocols. Test and assist in the deployment of new or changed video Streaming Services & Products systems
- Proficient in testing of Multimedia codec (Audio and video), MediaFLO(Mobile TV) and FAT16/32 File System.
- To measure performance, memory leakage, energy usage & crash logs, I am expert using instrumental tools like xCode for iOS and Android Studio for Android
- Mentored and supported QA offshore team in defining Test Procedures, application knowledge, and Selenium (IDE& WebDriver) implementation.
- Supported Sprint activities by determining the number of test cases needed to verify the software being developed off the Sprint Backlog
- Attended in Daily Stand Up meetings, and managed short term testing of Sprints & Test Deliverables
- Prepared, maintained, and reviewed QA Test Documentation, Metrics and Artifacts to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards and requirements
- Created SDK project by downloading and changing the variable path for SDK.
- Working with the Android Virtual Device (AVD) emulator for prototyping Android application.
- Managed the testing team by delegate tasks to the team and tracking the same
- Participate in scheduled meetings with offshore team to review progress, and discuss issues. Also, facilitated questions / queries from offshore resources and follow up with onsite team when necessary.
- Prepared and communicated Daily/Weekly Status Reports to project team including system changes, issues, and potential impact analysis
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Translated Business requirements and technical design into Requirements in HP Quality Center (QC)
- Analyzed and reviewed Project Initiation Document (PID), System Requirements Document (SRD) and System Requirements Specification (SRS) to ensure testability and identify discrepancies or errors in the functions, interface, data structure and performance of the system
- Performed Functional and System Integration Testing on modifications and enhancements prior to production release on Mobile OS/Devices (iPhone, Blackberry, Android) and Web based applications
- Used See Test for automated the mobile testing and run the scripts for multiple devices with VBScript using QTP, and also perform manual mobile testing according to the requirements.
- Used Requirements Verification Traceability Matrix (RVTM) to map Requirements to Test Cases
- Developed Test Cases, Test Procedures and Scenarios to test system against defined requirements in accordance with established Test Plans for Functional, Regression, System and UAT Testing
- Wrote Structure Query Language (SQL) queries to check proper data population in application table and for data verification to perform Backend Testing against Oracle Database
- Used HP Quality Center (QC) for writing & executing Test Cases, defect tracking, and test management
- Mentored and trained team members on the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), test practices such as test script writing and execution, defect management and Agile testing methods
- Created Test Cases for Component, Integration and System testing of project software applications
- Effectively collaborated with Developers and Analysts to address project requirements, deliverables and any potential road blocks
- Demonstrated creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness by working and leading onsite and offshore team members.
Quality Assurance Specialist
Confidential, Portland, ME
- Performed Manual Testing by using Quality Center (QC) to define and write requirements, test cases, design Steps and logging defects
- Designed and scripted maintainable test automation hybrid framework of functions and scripts in Quick Test Professional (QTP) writing & scripting by VBScript
- Defined and executed QA Strategy & Plan for assigned features/functionality within product releases
- Re-evaluated the testing artifacts to adjust for new information, changing risks, shifting priorities and schedules, and communicated test results, issues and risks to team members
- Identified defects throughout Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) by following both technical & business specs, and helped developers to reproduce & ensure defects are fixed
- Performed script maintenance and updated due to changes in requirements and implementations
- Performed Functional, Regression, Smoke and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to support project scope and quality goals
- Implemented advanced knowledge of QuickTest Professionals (QTP) using VBScript when creating Reusable automation framework, descriptive programming, custom functions, user-defined functions, actions, global data-table, parameterization and regular expression
- Reported the status of test planning, defects and execution activities, including regular status updated to the project team using quality metrics
- Performed Backend Testing and validation using SQL & PL/SQL queries on Oracle by SQL Developer
Junior Test Analyst
Confidential, Albany, NY
- Logged and reported Defects with detailed, accurate and concise steps to reproduce in HP Quality Center (QC)
- Collaborated broadly with members of the development and infrastructure teams to efficiently isolate and resolve issues that block or impede the test effort
- Elicited and interpreted requirements and business practices
- Used QuickTest Professional (QTP) to create and develop automated tests for continuous Regression Testing, and various modules of Quality Center (QC) - Test Plan, Test Lab, Defects and Requirements
- Worked with client management to identify and specify complex business requirements and processes
- Analyzed business requirements, functional specification & required documents for Manual Testing
- Reviewed project specs and worked closely with BA and Development for creating test cases
- Executed scripts from Test Lab and Test Cases in Quality Center (QC), verified testing results against expected results and tracked defects
- Created and executed SQL queries to validate actual test results match expected results, identified and logged defects in Quality Center (QC)
- Assisted the development teams on the analysis of defects and track them to successful resolution using test & defect management tool Quality Center (QC)
- Ran Manual Test Cases & Scenarios, and defined user behavior, monitored performance, analyzed results