- Having more than 10 years of experience in IT industry with hands on experience in different kind of software application testing and business analysis and business process improvement.
- Focused on any task in hand and able to utilize existing testing knowledge and experiences to come up with practical solutions and alternatives to testing processes.
- Having first class executive leadership, negotiation, stakeholder engagement and business communication skills to provide authoritative guidance and advice to both in house and third - party software project teams.
- Experience in enterprise traditional SDLC/Waterfall and Agile development environment and its different phases of testing
- Experience in developing and executing test plans, procedures, use cases and test scripts, and provided in-depth analysis to create and rollout new software
- Extensive experience in black box, system integration, end-to-end, functional, regression, UAT and backward compatibility, exploratory, mutation testing
- Experience in Business Process Improvement and creating effective stakeholder engagement
- Involved in creating Business and Functional specification documents (BRD/FSD)
- Outstanding problem solving and decision-making skills with Brainstorming with the team and determining root cause of the problems using CAR (Causal Analysis and Resolution) Process and Risk
- Involved in improving product usability by creating feature enhancement requests (i.e. Change Control Management), as well as performing systems analysis on existing products where documentation was lacking.
- Good knowledge and experience of statistical analysis process to determine the project performance using Earned Value Management and Software Project Management techniques.
- Experience in Testing Web and Windows Applications. Extensive experience in JIRA, QTP and Quality Center (QC)
- Web Services Testing - Experience in consuming and Testing XML/SOAP, HTTP/REST and WCF services using SoapUI, Advance REST Client and Postman
- Good knowledge of testing using Selenium Webdriver
- Good understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). Experience in Database Testing for MSSQL and Oracle
- Experience in Agile software development. Served as Scrum Master at SCRUM meetings of US-ODC projects of Aurionpro Solutions
- Worked in Test / Behavior / Acceptance Test Driven Development
- Good Technical and Management skills. Good communication skill and quick learner
Languages: Basic understanding of .Net, Core Java, Java Script
Testing Tools: WinRunner, LoadRunner, TestDirector, QTP,HP ALM, QC (Quality Centre), SoapUI,Selenium Webdriver,Badboy
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle
IDE and Version control: Visual Studio, Eclipse IDE, VSS,Maven, TFS, SVN
Tools: /Standards: Six Sigma, JIRA, SalesForce, Minitab, CMM, CMMI, ISO9001 2008Lead Auditor, ISO 27001 2005 Information Security Management System
Other Areas: Windows services, Web API, Automation Testing, Rally, WinForm, WebForms, Selenium, SpecFlow, Cucumber etc.
QA Lead/Business Specialist
- Project Test Lead for a 25-member team, overseeing software testing efforts for product releases for Cash Management System (iCashpro, Paypro), CLIMS (Collateral and Loan management system) products of Banking Department.
- Created effective Stakeholder engagement for Corporate and Retail Banking projects for different clients - ADCB Bank (Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank), Metro Bank (Philippines), HDFC Bank(India), Acleda Bank (Cambodia).
- Responsible for hiring QA Team members and Mentoring QA Engineer team members.
- Developed software requirements and test matrices, modifying software test scope documents used throughout the entire Testing Lifecycle process.
- Successfully developed and executed test plans, procedures, use cases and test scripts, and provided in-depth analysis to create and rollout new software.
- Work with Product management to scope and define feature roadmaps.
- Improved product usability by creating feature enhancement requests, as well as performing systems analysis on existing products where documentation was lacking.
- Employed a “test-to-break” approach on testing initiatives and clarified ambiguous requirements to ensure the effectiveness of all test plans.
- Improved the documentation of QA testing practices to enhance their repeatability, saving time and money and encouraging testing standardization and best practices
- Maintain cooperative relationships with developers and communicate with both technical and nontechnical stakeholders
- Contributed to high-reliability technology releases as a result of thorough testing that helped maintain system highly secure and confidential
- Facilitated Change Control Board meetings, team staff and technical meetings as a key thought leader within the organization.
- Assisted with the development, establishment, and enforcement of quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products throughout their development and product lifecycle’
- Following up any outstanding open test risks / issues and root cause analysis (RCA) of issues/defects (Defect prevention activities) in different projects with the team.
- Compiling test metrics for management and reporting to senior managers on progress and issues.
- Identify test approaches that optimise the delivery schedule.
- Arranging team meetings and workshops and advising clients on Testing best practice.
Sr. QA Engineer
- Responsible for testing Citi Services projects viz. Citi eVault (Secure Payment Authorization Service) allows clients to store digitally signed and legally enforceable transactions to secured repositories and OCSP which allow banks to perform enhanced validation of payment instructions against the digitally signed transactions stored in secured repositories
- Responsible for Certificate Retrieval module of IDM (Identity Management) project which deals with the management of different types of Identity provided to the users of CITI Group. Out of which providing DIGITAL Certificates to the users is managed by CMS i.e. Certificate Management System.
- Wrote test scripts and test cases in HP Quality Center to meet assigned requirements
- Participated in performance testing and completed test cases in HP Quality Center
- Tracked the status of defects and provided a status report during daily meetings
- Prepared and executed functional and regression testing
- Created and executed test cases, logged and assigned defects, and kept track of the defect status
- Consolidating the status and reporting to the client on daily basis for daily status call with onsite test manager
- Participated in designing performance test scripts using QTP
- Communicated with the project management team and QA Lead to resolve defects
- Performed Web service testing using SoapUI tool for eValult and OCSP Citi services
- Represented a testing group for CMMI L5 Assessment as Functional Area Representative
- Was involved in Six Sigma training and implementation of Six Sigma project execution with Master Black Belt professional.
- Executed Six Sigma projects in call center for improving call center operations and reducing cost.
Sr. QA Engineer/Business Process Improvement
- Lead three-member software QA testing team in developing and implementing quality-assurance and quality-control
- Created and executed automated software test plans, test cases and test scripts to uncover, identify and document software problems and their causes.
- Performed GUI testing, system testing, functional testing, black box and white box testing.
- Automated test scripts were developed using QTP and Load Runner.
- Regression test was performed using QTP scripts to discover enhancement flaws and interoperability glitches.
- Load Test was performed using Load Runner to find out system performance capability by simulating user activity.
- Conducted formal and informal product design reviews throughout the software development lifecycle to improve product quality.
- Defining test strategies for projects and co-ordinating the work of test teams and monitoring their performance.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system and report defects to software developers.
- Defect consolidation and reporting the defect metrics to QA Manager.
- Identifying test scenarios and generation of Test cases.
- Preparing Test plans.
- Execution of Test cases which includes GUI Testing and Functionality Testing.
- Web based Testing, Functional Testing, and Regression Testing.
- Testing screens, links, User Interface, security functions and usability.
- Bug Reporting and test report generation.
- Maintaining Defects Log and Risk Register.
- Performing Root Cause Analysis for defects in the module or the project with the development team.
- Scheduling and verifying backup of servers and database
- Gathering and analysing measurement data at periodic interval
- Reporting these measurements to the PM at pre-determined interval