- Over 5 years of experience in Information Technology Industry as a Software Quality Assurance and Test Engineer in development and implementation of large scale business critical systems.
- Experienced in Manual and Automation Testing of Web based Applications, Client Server and Web Services (API) in different domains using Selenium Web - Driver , Java, SOAP UI and Postman.
- Experienced in functional testing, reviewing and analyzing business requirements and writing detailed test plans, scenarios and test cases.
- Good understanding of SDLC and STLC, Defect Life Cycle, Regression Testing, Smoke Testing, Ad-hoc Testing, Black box testing, Functional testing, Integration testing and User acceptance testing.
- Experienced in creating and executing test cases according to Functional and Customer Requirements.
- Involved in root cause analysis and resolution of defects with traceability matrix for proper test coverage.
- Good knowledge of designing and implementing of manual QA test strategy and working with automation using Selenium Web-Driver and knowledge of workflow in issue tracking/resolution systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge using JIRA/Bugzilla for Bug tracking and Test Management activities using ALM/QC
- Experienced in design of Test Plan, reviewing, prioritizing and executing test cases.
- Experienced in back-end testing using SQL Quires like SELECT, UPDATE, DELETE, JOIN, UNION.
- Experienced in load and performance testing tool JMeter.
- Used Eclipse IDE to develop automation script using Java and familiar with plug-in like TestNG
- Documented Daily Test Summary Reports for each Test execution.
- Conceptual thinker, highly motivated, self-starter with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient problem-solver who envisions business and technical perspectives to develop workable solutions.
- Outstanding analytical, decision-making, problem solving and management skills with the ability to organize activities in fast speedy agile environment.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Develop and execute test cases, reporting defects, providing daily test status report, conducting defect management meeting, providing test estimation
- Develop/Update and Execute automation test scripts using Java, Selenium Web-Driver for regression testing
- Perform various SQL Queries statements like SELECT, UPDATE, DELETE, JOIN, UNION and UNION ALL for data validation, verification and data migration testing
- Use SVN and Jenkins for Continuous Integration testing on every release in Sprint to improve the quality of software delivery in production
- Created knowledge transfer documents, test model and test strategies
Technology Used: Java, Selenium Web-Driver, TestNG, Page Object Model, Eclipse, SVN, Jenkins, Toad, SQL Developer, Oracle, BugZilla, FireBug, QC, Web Development Tool, Linux, Putty, WinScp, Postman, SoapUI
Confidential, Brooklyn, New York
- Conduct automation tests of web applications using Java and Selenium Web-Driver
- Execute Regression and Smoke test cases for every release to make sure nothing is broken
- Provide daily test status report, document test cases from production defects, verify fixes and provide test evidences
- Conduct formal and informal product design reviews throughout the software development life cycle to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules and potential issues.
- Perform data validation using SQL joins like Inner join, Outer join while testing from multiple tables
- Used JMeter to create and execute simple tests to assist developers figuring out the page-load-time
- Occasionally used SoapUI pro & Postman to assist the API test engineers
Technology Used: Java, Selenium Web-Driver, Wiki Confluence, JIRA, Git/GitHub, Jenkins, SQL Server, Linux/Unix, Putty, WinScp, FireBug, ALM/QC, Web Development Tool, Postman, SoapUI, In Built Automation Tools
Confidential, Forest Hills, NY
QA Test AnalystResponsibilities:
- Analyzed requirements, provide feedback and create test scenarios from Use Case and Requirements
- Wrote test cases, executed test cases, reporting defects, providing daily test status report, conducing defect management meeting, providing test estimation
- Performed backend testing using SQL queries and parse log message in Linux environment to find the root cause of the issues
- Experienced testing API using Postman, SoapUI and other API testing tools.
- Parse back-end log file processing and generating root cause of any issues for any applications
- Involved in Smoke, GUI, Functional, Integration, Database, Configuration and System Testing
- Worked on Agile Scrum methodology, attended daily stand up, showcase and sprint retrospective meeting.
- Attended sprint planning meeting during product backlog selections
Technology Used: JIRA, Excel, Word, Notepad, Ultra Edit, Sublime, Toad, Oracle, Linux/Unix, Putty, WinScp, FireBug, Web Development Tool