- Network Architect/Engineer with more than 20 years of increasing responsibilities in technical leadership and computer technology.
- Hands on expertise in networking concepts IP protocol, and network security.
- Technology self - starter, adept at moving into new environments and extrapolate from existing experience to quickly adapt to new technologies fluently.
- Proven diagnostic abilities with attention to detail and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated abilities to set strategic direction while obtaining superior results.
- 20 years experience with Microsoft products.
- 1 0 years experience with Confidential routers and Citrix server.
- 5 years experience with Blackberry server.
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows NT 3.51, 4.0, 2000, 2003 and 2008, UNIX, and Novell Netware 4.11
Hardware: Confidential Routers (4000, 5500, 6600 series), Confidential Firewalls (PIX and ASA), Checkpoint firewalls, Confidential 2900 Switches, Intrusion Detections Systems (IDS), 3Com and Netgear Switches, Hubs, Laptops and Workstations (Dell and HP), RAID, SCSI, Network Cards, Memory, Printers, Scanners and other peripherals
Software: Exchange Server 5.5, 2000, 2003 and 2010, Citrix client and server, Confidential IOS, MS Office 2000, 2003 and 2007, Windows Terminal Server, Symantec Backup Exec, Patch management, spam prevention, Norton Antivirus, Visio 2003 and 2007, Blackberry Enterprise Server 4.0
Network/Protocols: LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, NETBEUI, IPX/SPX, WINS, DHCP, DNS, TELNET, POP3, AppleTalk, NetBIOS, NAT, ICMP, SMNP, TFTP, SMTP, VOIP and Ethernet
Standards: Knowledge of Confidential, Department of Defense (DIACAP) Standards, Confidential SP800
Confidential, Washington, DC
Senior Network Security Engineer
- Establish and satisfy complex system-wide information security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands
- Support customers at the highest levels in the development and implementation of doctrine and policies
- Assist with the establishment of an IA documentation framework consistent with Confidential guidance in Confidential SP800-37, SP800-53 r. 4., and related documents
- Review and evaluate the current IA program documentation library and develop a list of documents that need to be created or rewritten to have the IA program be fully compliant with government requirements
- Develop IA documentation necessary for compliance with federal regulations, Confidential guidance, and Confidential
- Maintain all IA program documentation and perform annual reviews of the entire document library
- Serve as an independent third-party evaluator for all systems. This includes performing Security Control Assessment, System Characterization/Boundary Definition, Security Categorization, System Security Plan Support, Security & Privacy Control Assessment, finalization of SA&A packages
- Establish and manage a list of POA&Ms for all information systems
- Ensure Confidential compliance by maintaining an inventory of Confidential -reportable systems and PII, supporting quarterly OMB submissions via CyberScope, and responding to audit requests from the OIG
- Support CDM by assisting with the establishment of a CDM process and coordinating a DHS CDM implementation
- Perform Periodic Control Testing
- Develop test plans and conduct Security Impact Assessments
- Perform ongoing remediation and risk determination to validate security controls and assess the system security posture
- Determine a strategy for developing and managing information system contingency plans in accordance with Confidential SP 800-34 Revision 1. The contingency plans must also include Business Impact Analysis (BIA) to describe the business processes supported by each system, and the recovery criticality and priorities for each system
- Develop brief research papers designed to apprise key Confidential information system stakeholders about emerging threats, new technologies, requirements, publications, guidance and/or legislation that may affect agency operations, assets, or individuals
Confidential, Bowie, MD
Information Security Analyst
- Provides operations support of policies, identification of security risk exposures and security resolutions.
- Conducts daily real-time monitoring and analysis of security events from multiple sources included, but not limited to events from Workstations, Servers, Switches, Routers, Firewalls, IDS, and Event Monitoring tools.
- Establishes and analyzes processes and technologies to ensure comprehensive protection exists to prevent unauthorized entry to computer systems.
- Maintaining Checkpoint firewalls.
- Maintains security for enterprise systems and identifies issues that could compromise data integrity or secrecy.
- Performs security assessment and accreditation activities on IT systems and application, including security audits, risk assessments, security plans, and system test and evaluations.
- Develops and reviews security policies and procedures as well provides up-to-date working knowledge in areas such as computer viruses, intrusion detection systems, encryption systems, firewalls, access and authentication technologies, etc.
- Manages the incident data flow and response, content, and remediation.
- Reviews and interprets various system logs (e.g., Windows Systems, Applications, Event Logs, Email, Web Servers, DNS, DHCP, VPN, Proxy, IDS, Firewalls, Routers, and Switches)
- Manages the enterprise vulnerability assessment scanning including the following: analyze vulnerabilities, determine impact, write alerts and advisories, and implement remediation
- Performs malware and SAPM analysis of Email and Web Based Threats.
- Identifies and follows through on host remediation when compromise/vulnerabilities are found.
- Helps to establish and document IT security guidelines, procedures and policies, and implement network security best practices.
- Provides first and second tier security incident analysis by evaluating problems, identifying root causes, and recommending/implementing remedial/permanent actions to restore full service. Escalates and works with Risk Management security position to notify/resolve more complex situations.
- Participates in reviewing and analyzing external connectivity issues that may impact security of Educational Systems FCU and members' information.
- Applies best practices and security standards to make recommendations to IS management team on risks and vulnerabilities related to common application protocols and Web services security.
- Serves as key contributor on credit union projects to ensure access information security are incorporated into policies and procedures.
- Provides risk mitigation support by applying cost-effective security countermeasures, host-level security practices, and security planning/integration techniques.
- Identifies and correlates security data, researches and makes recommendations to resolve enterprise information technology and security risks.
- Provides administration and management of Antivirus and Malware protection application.
- Reviews inquiries and/or requests for computer security information and/or reports from internal/ external entities and determines appropriate responses and threat impact to credit union security.
- Participates in internal compliance reviews of information security environment, risk assessments, security testing, and identifies security issues requiring immediate resolution.
- Provides recommendations to management of product(s) for upgrades, patches and other general security measures to ensure secured systems.
- Participates in new technology evaluations, design and implementation of new and/or enhanced information security systems and related security programs.
- Researches and evaluates impact of the implementation of new security measures, programs, systems and technologies into the corporate infrastructure, ensuring usage of best practices
- Maintains current knowledge of new trends, best practices and technologies impacting information security systems, program design, and risk/threat pre/post identification time.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Senior Security Network Engineer
- Collaborate with diverse user groups to gather network communications requirements as it pertains to their individual application.
- Analyze existing firewall rules to determine capabilities and analyze those capabilities to ensure that the capabilities are minimized.
- Translate those requirements into an organized, maintainable deployment using the company’s enterprise access solution.
- Troubleshoot end user connectivity issues as they arise.
- Maintain the access solution software by regression testing all upgrades as well as utilizing new functions and features as they are delivered and Checkpoint firewalls.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
Senior Network Engineer
- Assesses and manages the risks of security threats to information systems
- Ensures that information systems possess security levels equal to the level of exposure to potential risks
- Uses Retina, AppDetective and WebInspect to audit the client site's network infrastructures to include: Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Novell, AIX, Linux, and Solaris servers, as well as Oracle and SQL databases. In addition, assesses Windows 2000 Professional workstations, Windows XP workstations and various network devices for vulnerabilities
- Responsible for completing Security Test Plans, Vulnerability Matrices, Accreditation Reports and Risk Assessment Reports in the support of the customers site's to obtain an accreditation
- Uses the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) approved manual checklists and Security Readiness
- Reviews (SRR) scripts and Production Gold Disk (PGD) Scripts to assess servers, workstations, and databases for their compliance with DISA and National Security Agency (NSA) standards
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Information Technology Specialist
- Responsible for the LAN, WAN and MAN system set-ups.
- Hands-on-Expertise in operating systems such as Windows 2003, 2008 and Unix.
- In control of various every day tasks like troubleshooting the technical and logical issues and migration of projects.
- Make certain that classified data is sanitized before moving to a lower classification level.
- Make quarterly visits to the (Continuity of Operations) COOP site to ensure that it is up and running.
- Instrumental in documenting operating procedures.
- In charge of effective operation of Video Teleconference (VTC) equipment.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
Information Technology Specialist
- Carried out full installation of Confidential routers and cabling for routers, switches and hubs in new workspaces.
- Installed Blackberry Enterprise 4.0 server in order to get Confidential users set up with blackberries.
- Installed and maintained VPN connections.
- Successfully installed Common Access Card (CAC) Services within a PKI infrastructure on the network.
- Helped establish guidelines and standards for Change Procedures.
- Expertise with Confidential routers (2900, 5500, 6600 series), firewalls (PIX and ASA) and Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS).
- Installed Citrix server (built server and pushed out client) to enable Confidential employees the option to telecommute.
- Maintained and help troubleshoot any user issues with Citrix.
- Experience with Unified Messaging System and Rightfax.
- Familiar with Confidential IOS and Confidential VoIP technology.
- Experience with Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS).
- Helped configure Citrix server with Windows Terminal Server in order to work with Active Directory.
- As the Confidential -IAM (Information Assurance Manager), ensured that the Confidential network was compliant with DOD/DON policy and established policy consistent with DOD.
- Responsible for developing the command’s Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans (BCP and DRP).
- Played a key role in getting the Confidential network certified with the Department of Defense.
- Responsible for installing Host Based Intrusion Detection Services (HIDS) on all the workstations on the network.
- Built and maintained Visio documentation database of network topology.
- Designed the annual command training plan and served as the commands technical expert.
- Troubleshooting and problem resolution of elusive customer network difficulties.
- Made oral and written presentations both to the leadership and to the end users explaining the need to implement certain IT policies.