- Industry certified Security Engineer with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and analytical skills. I am motivated, dedicated and loyal with a positive attitude and strong work ethics.
- Palo Alto PA200, 500, 800 and 3000 series firewalls
- Panorama Device Management
- Palo Alto Traps Next - Gen Endpoint Protection
- Palo Alto GlobalProtect
- Juniper SRX100, 220 and 3400 series firewalls,
- Juniper EX series switches QFX enterprise level routers
- Duo Multi Factor Authentication
- Pulse Secure SSL VPN
- Barracuda Web Application Firewalls
- Websense V5000 series Webfilter proxy
- McAfee Firewall Enterprise Sidewinder 1100f
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Vipre antivirus endpoint protection
- Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner
- Qualys Vulnerability Scanner
- Impulse Safe Connect Network Access Controller
- Infoblox 550-A series DHCP/DNS, IPAM, NIOS 6.5.8
- Windows DNS and DHCP
- Confidential 2800 series routers and Catalyst switches
- Brocade NetIron MLX-4 routers and FCX 624 and 648 Fastiron switches
- Meraki MX series firewalls, MR series switches and MS series access points.
- Nagios Infrastructure Monitioring
- Solarwinds Orion, and Engineers Toolset
- Wireshark PCAP
- GE Facility Commander Card Access Systems
- Isonas card access controllers
- Experienced in OSPF, BGP, MPLS, EIGRP, VLAN, VoIP, NAT/PAT,RSTP
- 802.1Q Trunking, link aggregate and aggregated ethernet
- Working knowledge of the OSI and TCP/IP models
- Windows 2008, 2012 and 2016 Server environment, Active Directory, Windows 7 and 10 Operating Systems, Microsoft Office including Visio
- Cat5e, cat6, RG6 and fiber optic installation, testing, and troubleshooting
- Tone generators, line tracers, RJ45 - RJ-11 crimp tool, punch blocks, modems, repeaters, hubs, and access points
- Advanced computer upgrade and maintenance
Security Officer/Sr. Network Engineer
- Designed and implemented network security infrastructure for secondary hot site allowing for rapid failover and failback in the event of system outages.
- Assisted in the development of corporate network security education program and established informational and alerting system on internal company intranet to keep users informed of latest cybersecurity threats and information.
- Lead projects for the deployment of two factor authentication for all employees and tracking for third party businesses accessing web applications.
- Conduct proof of concept tests on new technologies and present results to senior management detailing functionality and means of successful implementation for desired outcomes.
- Perform weekly reviews of security infrastructure and generate summary report for senior management team.
- Conduct weekly meetings with CIO, VP of IT and Network Manager to discuss current security projects and future implementations.
- Interface with department directors to discuss new business needs and establish strategies to deliver secure applications.
- Work with management teams to create security access profiles for existing and new department positions.
- Review and approve security requests for new users, terminations, role changes and employee access.
- Regularly review and research latest technologies to maximize potential of existing hardware and make recommendations for improvements.
- Regularly review and update policies and rules to strengthen overall network security.
- Review bi-weekly Sarbanes Oxley reports and validate changes made to internal operations against security requests, change control reports and ticketing system.
- Review quarterly vulnerability scans and yearly Confidential testing and make recommendations on improvements and remediation.
- Maintain Information Security policies and risk management plan.
Senior Network Engineer
- Designed, planned and implemented companywide Palo Alto firewall upgrade. Configured and deployed next generation application firewalls in all company locations.
- Engineered and deployed companywide Juniper network upgrade.
- Deployed Panorama to monitor and manage firewalls in Richmond and remote offices.
- Designed and implemented WAN communications with remote offices over MPLS network.
- Planned, designed and implemented datacenter upgrade of network and server equipment.
- Designed and implemented Pulse Secure SSL VPN for secure 24/7 remote access.
- Created and maintained technical documents of network infrastructure and security equipment.
- Managed vendor relationships and developed network solutions based on the changing business needs and new technologies.
- Deployed VMWare, VDI environment on Confidential Confidential platform.
- Scanned development websites to check for vulnerabilities and met with developers to make recommendations for fixes.
- Assisted with the imaging and deployment of new computer systems.
- Monitored network activity using Confidential and Solarwinds Engineers Toolset.
- Created all technical and network diagrams and documentation.
- Trained and mentored Junior Network Engineer on all systems and hardware.
- Developed upgrade and maintenance schedule for all network equipment and worked with junior engineers to ensure equipment had the latest recommended code and security updates.
Senior Security Specialist
- Developed and implemented corporate security policies for network, web, building, data protection and asset management.
- Implemented IPS, Antimalware appliances and created network monitoring solution.
- Deployed Confidential /Meraki network.
- Established 24/7 communications with over 20 field offices across the nation through site to site mesh VPN.
- Managed Confidential VPN and access through Anyconnect.
- Created technical documents for installation of network and security equipment.
- Interfaced with clients to discuss security needs and establish plans based on those requests to deliver a superior end product.
- Deployed VMWare Confidential servers to replace legacy equipment.
- Migrated domain controllers and fileservers to Windows Server 2012.
- Scanned of development websites to check for vulnerabilities and met with developers to go over code fixes.
- Assisted with the imaging and deployment of new computer systems.
- Manged asset inventory system through Solarwinds.
Senior Network Administrator
- Configured, installed, monitored and maintained MLX core routers and FCX switches at company sites.
- Designed, Configured and deployed Juniper SRX firewall and DMZ.
- Implemented McAfee enterprise firewall.
- Deployed, monitored and maintained Juniper SSL VPN for remote users.
- Configured, deployed and maintained Websense web filter and remote filter.
- Deployed Impulse network access controller and designed policies to prevent unknown devices from connecting to the internal network.
- Deployed and maintained Infoblox DHCP/DNS high availability server grid and successfully migrated the internal DNS and DHCP networks from the Windows servers.
- Designed and implemented new security policies and change request procedures to provide a secure environment for all employees and company resources.
- Configured VoIP network for the deployment of Nortel and Avaya IP phones to internal users.
- Designed topology for the internal network infrastructure and disaster recovery site.
- Designed custom web filtering policies based on individual departmental needs.
- Monitored network using Solarwinds Network Performance Manager and the administrator toolset.
- Designed and implemented VPN, network, and servers for the Charter conversion project.
- Project manager for the design and implementation SRX Firewall/DMZ infrastructure.
- Project manager for the network and system integration of newly acquired company, iTech.
- Analyzed network traffic and troubleshot alarms using Brocade Network Advisor.
- Assisted the network engineering team with the Nortel 8600 decommission project and provided upgraded Brocade layer 3 network solutions.
- Main point of contact in the design, deployment and support of upgrade to the Brocade platform from Nortel 8600.
- Worked with Tier 2 team to discuss and implement solutions and plan projects.
- Provided support to tier 1 group and take ownership of trouble tickets that are escalated.
- Provided technical support for over 300 local and remote users.
- Created and maintained domain accounts with Active Directory.
- Reported on current and completed projects with manager and VP on a weekly basis.
- Completed companywide Windows 7 and Office 2010 upgrade.
- Interfaced with Network Engineering, Confidential, Outside Plant, managers and VPs to discuss maintenance and planned work.
- Designed corporate network topology based on current company needs, cost analysis and future network expansion.
- Designed company domain on the Windows Server 2003 OS and built an Active Directory environment to manage user’s access to internet and programs through group policy.
- Designed network management and ticketing system using Spiceworks to monitor and maintain network connectivity and provide end users with means to report outages and system issues directly to IT staff.
- Provided technical support for 100+ local and remote users, identified network issues and provided recommendations based on research.
- Built routers in-house using Untangle, IPCop and CentOS to provide 3 remote offices connection to corporate network over fiber optic ME (Metro Ethernet) connection.
- Designed corporate internet filter using Untangle, Firestarter and Dansguardian.
- Built OpenVPN server and issued certificates to connect remote offices in Florida, North Carolina and Missouri to central office.
- Designed and configured new mail server using Open Xchange OS and Oxtender to connect user accounts to the server through Outlook.
- Configured and deployed Barracuda email firewall.
- Built and maintained PBX IP phone servers using Asterisk, CentOS and FreePBX.
- Configured and deployed Polycom 501 Soundpoint IP phones.
- Configured and installed 3CX soft phones for end users requiring headsets.
- Responsible for maintaining, upgrading and repairing company equipment.
- Responsible for researching, negotiating best prices, and purchasing new equipment.
- Reported current projects, issues and accomplishments directly to upper management on a weekly basis.
- Managed a deployed fiber optic Confidential network that supplies phone, cable, Internet and security to over 500 clients in the Bluffton SC/Pooler GA area using CMS2 (Customer Management Support System) monitoring suite.
- Worked directly with CIO and Sr. Systems Administrator to configured routers and switches in the on-site Confidential (Network Operations Center) to establish services to new clients and to maintain quality of service to existing clients.
- Provisioned Telco Systems Edge Gate GW-232 residential fiber optic gateway at job site.
- Met with commercial and residential clients to present design and discuss security video and network topology.
- Responded to service outages based on alerts sent by the CMS2 monitoring suite and reports from the call center.
- Designed and deployed customized security, smart home, home theater and structured wiring systems and provided training for new systems.
- Reviewed blueprints and wiring schematics for new builds and designed wiring layout based on individual client needs.
- Walked job sites with site superintendents and clients at pre-wire stage to discuss wiring design and make recommendations for improvements.
- Managed warehouse inventory and inventory databases including the procurement and issuing of equipment and supplies for continuing work progress.
- Interfaced with vendors to find and negotiate best pricing for products and materials to keep job costs down.
- Managed the workload and daily schedule for a team of 8 technicians.
- Developed quality control plan to assure team performance on all onsite installations.
- Using quality control plans as a guide - conducted daily assessments to ensure the highest standards of quality for customer satisfaction.
- Recorded technician time, materials used and specific details of daily workload in the online JCA (Job Cost Analysis) spreadsheet and collaborate with Project Managers and Team Leaders to refine standard operating procedures.
- Calculated daily job hours and overtime for each technician and submitted to corporate office for payroll.
- Designed network topology of business using Microsoft Visio Professional Suite and presented to clients.
- Interfaced with business clients to determine individual network requirements and recommended the best products and installation designs.
- Consulted with product manufactures and software companies to determine the best and most cost efficient products for each client.
- Determined, procured, configured and installed all components at the business site and trained the client on the deployment and use of their new system hardware and software.
- Collaborated with network administrators and assisted in the deployment of the ME (Metro Ethernet) product that connects all branches of a business in a metropolitan area into one network.
- Configured MSUs (Metro Ethernet Services) at client locations and collaborated with switch operators to establish and verify connection.
- Knowledge of IPTV and RF Video distribution and equipment.
- Knowledge of ADSL, DSL, Confidential, and phone networks and the deployment of these networks in commercial and residential environments with ability to troubleshoot issues and assist technicians in the field.
- Performed quality control checks to assure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Installed new cat5 cabling for networks in commercial and residential buildings.
- Performed specialized training for new technicians including hands-on job assistance.
- Received jobs and managed daily schedule to ensure efficiency and quality of work.
- Consulted with customers to determine scope of work and installed services requested.
- Supervised a team of up to 8 technicians on a daily basis.
- Managed daily workload received from the central office and distributed to each technician.