- Extensive Information Systems experience, as an Analyst, Programmer, or Team Lead for a variety of applications and companies.
- Full project life cycle in systems development, including: Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing, and Implementation.
- Expertise with the design and development of on - line and batch applications using DB2, CICS, COBOL, COBOL II, JCL, VSAM, with additional exposure to Unix, Oracle, Sybase and Informix. Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Completed Career Pro E-Commerce Comprehensive Training Program from MITS (2015).
Hardware: IBM Mainframe; TANDEM Non-Stop II/TXP; DEC; IBM PC
Software: DB2; CICS; COBOL II; XML; MVS/JCL; VSAM; TSO/ISPF; ENDEVOR; UNIX SHELL SCRIPTING; FILE-AID; SYNCSORT; PANVALET; CHANGEMAN; LOTUS NOTES; REMEDY; ORACLE; SYBASE; INFORMIX; IMS DB; VMS; IBM UTILITIES; DYL280; EASYTRIEVE PLUS; TELON; EXPEDITER; QMF; INTERTEST; MS WORD; WINDOWS; VISUAL BASIC; ACCESS; EXCEL.
- As a conversion Analyst in a multi-platform environment, designed and developed mainframe batch processes for the integration of a new ePeople HR system with an existing Passport system. Also developed Unix to MF SFTP jobs.
- Performed analysis, designed mainframe batch processes for an automated password reset project. Designed Oracle tables for a password repository.
- Participated in moving applications in a Websphere to Weblogic conversion.
- Analyzed and identified MF components linking to Unix, impacted by an Oracle database migration.
- Developed Wiki pages and maintained team Wiki Home in a Sharepoint to Wiki conversion.
- Performed support and created estimates for post implementation defects and enhancements.
Environment: Oracle, SQL, Unix, Linux, Putty, SQL Developer, Eclipse, HTML, Jenkins, Filezilla, Excel, Restful Services, Mainframe, DB2, CICS, Cobol, JCL, Sharepoint, Moin Moin Wiki, MS Word.Confidential
- Performed analysis, design, wrote program specifications and developed on-line and batch programs for the Fusion Project, for the conversion and integration of legacy claims systems to a packaged Guidewire system.
- As a member of the BST Claims Prod Support Group, provided daytime production support for claims processing.
- Performed programming enhancements for various claims strategic initiatives.
Environment: DB2, SQL, CICS, Cobol, VSAM, JCL, IBM Debug, Syncsort, Excel, MS Word and CA7.Confidential
- Performed analysis, design and developed new programs to process on-line catalog orders utilizing PayPal and ShopRunner payment systems.
- As part of a conversion team, developed Direct Pricing processes for conversion to Oracle RMS -Retail Management System.
- Worked as a conversion analyst, creating extracts and modifying existing legacy programs for conversion to Oracle.
Environment: DB2, Oracle, SQL, XML, CICS, Cobol, VSAM, JCL, FTP, Syncsort and CA7.Confidential
- Performed analysis, developed and modified batch JCL job streams for disaster recovery.
Environment: JCL, SAS, Excel, MS Word.Confidential
- Performed design, analysis and wrote technical specifications for both On-line and batch programs on the IRMAA - Part D Income Related Adjustment Amount project.
- Performed data modeling and contributed to table designs.
- Worked with business analysts and from the requirements definition to develop time estimates for both project design and development.
Environment: Cobol, CICS, DB2, SQL, Endevor, JCL, Tiburon, Excel, MS Word.Confidential
- Developed, coded and tested new Micro Focus Cobol online programs to run on an AS400 under Linux, using Oracle databases for The Mainframe Re-Platform Project.
- Performed analysis and program specification clarification.
- Utilized Micro Focus Net Express to develop CICS maps and used the tool as an interactive debugger.
- Used the Subversion versioning tool on developed components, and Golden query tool on Oracle system support and financial control tables
Environment: SQL, Linux, Oracle, Micro Focus Cobol, Micro Focus Net Express, Subversion, Golden, Excel, MS Word.Confidential
- Performed analysis, developed new programs and enhancements to existing on-line and batch programs for the TAXL System in the areas of bond amortization/accretion, A/A errors, and regulatory requirements.
- Utilized Agile methodology and worked as a member of a Scrum Team.
- Performed investigation and analysis, developed enhancements and corrections for programming requests in the area of Year End Tax Processing.
Environment: DB2, SQL, Platinum, Spufi, Datacom, CICS, COBOL, JCL, IBM Debug, Syncsort, Excel, MS Word, Changeman, Lotus Notes, Remedy, and Scrum.Confidential
- Developed new programs and performed modification and enhancement to existing programs for sales based rebates.
- Developed program specifications for Sales Recapture Extracts.
- Designed New Oracle Tables and wrote stored procedure specifications for the table's daily maintenance with extracts from Datacom.
- Participated in System and UAT testing for the Prime Integration Project.
Environment: SQL, UNIX, Oracle, Datacom, Cobol, JCL, FTP, and Control-M.Confidential
- Developed new programs and performed modification and enhancement to existing programs / processes. Working within the payment solutions group, wrote new DB2 and batch Cobol programs for ACH processing.
- Modified jobs to route transactions to an alternate branch for OFAC (fraud) checking and to then integrate transactions into the PEP+ system.
- Developed new reports for Pre-Paid Debit Cards. Also, made enhancements to ACH Bank Site transaction routing. DB2, SQL, Cobol, JCL, Endevor, and Control-M.
Environment: DB2, SQL, Cobol, JCL, Endevor, and Control-M.Confidential
- Developed enhancements to their Benefits Charging System (BCS) and Overpayment System (ORS).
- Worked primarily with Telon On-line programs, developing DB2 interfaces to their new IBIS System and removing/replacing all obsolete IMS accesses as part of a conversion/legacy integration effort.
Environment: Telon, DB2, SQL, IMS, BTS, Expediter, JCL, Cobol, Fileaid, and Rational Clearcase Explorer.Confidential
- Developed conversion programs to integrate new client’s brokerage data and processes from their own systems and those of other service bureaus and broker dealers to the Thomson format for processing by their suite of wealth management applications.
- Made enhancements and modifications to existing programs and participated in a database conversion effort upgrading their systems from Datacom to DB2.
Environment: DB2, SQL, Platinum, Spufi, Datacom, CICS, COBOL, JCL, Expeditor, IBM Debug, Syncsort, MS Excel, MS Word, Changeman, Lotus Notes, and Remedy.Confidential
- Performed maintenance and modification to a Customer Service System - Confidential .
- The system is comprised of a Powerbuilder front end utilizing Sybase SQL Server running Sybase stored procedures on the UNIX platform, connected also to the mainframe through CICS, running on-line and batch COBOL DB2 programs.
- A mobile Pen based system - Advantix is used in the field by service technicians and transactions are uploaded to the system.
- Performed problem investigation and analysis, made fixes and enhancements to various components of the system.
Environment: SQL, Sybase Stored Procedures, Unix Shell Scripting, SQL Advantage, DB2, CICS, COBOL, MKS Integrity Workbench.Confidential
- Performed investigation, analysis and design for Project.
- The process will archive transaction data that is not frequently used in order to improve system performance, but will still allow on-line access to the archived historical data.
- Developed a Purge process to delete completed Release Data from the DB2 database. This clean-up process improves database performance and stability.
- Developed program specifications and DB2 COBOL batch programs.
Environment: COBOL, DB2, SQL, JCL, SPUFI, MS Excel, MS Word, Panvalet, and Endevor.Confidential
- Developed enhancements to a Pharmacy Mail Order System.
- Changes included incorporating aged accounts receivable outstanding balances in the order process.
- The approach was to add a new mail order payment conflict, triggered by an account’s outstanding aged balance surpassing a set threshold. This conflict could be overridden by pharmacy operations, once a payment was made, in order to ship the order.
- Developed DB2 COBOL on-line and batch programs and wrote and executed test plans.
Environment: COBOL, DB2, SQL, JCL, Expediter, Platinum Fast Load/Unload utility, SPUFI, MS Excel, and Changeman.Confidential
- Participated in the development of a Client Information Administration System (CIA), and an Account Set Up and Maintenance / Customer File Information System (ASM/CFI).
- The CIA project focuses on improving account data integrity, thereby reducing exposure to loss-due-to-error risks. The system delivers re-engineered processes that better reflect the business environment.
- The ASM/CFI DB2 datastore provides back-end data services to CIA and ensures that downstream applications continue to operate as originally designed.
- Developed DB2 COBOL stored procedures for both update and inquiry, invoked from Java front end applications using DB2 Connect, and enhancement of batch DB2 / IMS programs.
Environment: COBOL, DB2, SQL, XML, JCL, Expediter, Rapid SQL, SPUFI and SCLM.Confidential
- Developed new programs and made modifications to existing programs, both on-line and batch, using DB2, IMS, and COBOL.
- Worked on various projects as a team member or a project lead utilizing EXPRESS Methodology.
- Developed and executed test plans using TEST DIRECTOR.
- Was on call and responsible for support of production systems.
- Worked to document existing processes and develop enhancements as part of a Sarbanes-Oxley Initiative.
- Worked to integrate legacy systems with Oracle AP.
Environment: CICS, DB2, IMS, COBOL, SAS, EXPEDITER, TEST DIRECTOR, SPUFI, and JCL.Confidential
- The system is a mainframe based Order Capture, Invoicing, Reporting system fully integrated to warehouses and shipping through AS400s and accessible through the Web.
- Worked developing Cobol DB2 services with are invoked from Web based screens and from batch processes.
- Performed analysis, coding, and testing.
Environment: DB2, SQL, COBOL, Xpediter, Spufi, FileAid, JCL, QuickJob, and Spectrum.Confidential
- Developed enhancements to their Salary Administration (SAT) system. The system is accessible from any workstation with Intranet access and is utilized by department managers and Human Resources, to facilitate the recommendation, approval, and processing of salary increases resulting from the annual performance review. The system also provides many reports.
- Worked developing Cobol DB2 Stored Procedures, many involving complex joins and user defined functions.
- Performed analysis, coding, and testing.
Environment: DB2, SQL, COBOL, Smart Test, QMF, Spufi, JCL, Method 1.Confidential
- Developed new CICS DB2 programs for their Account Depletion project.
- Eliminated IT staff manual intervention and reduced change turnaround times by making VSAM control files available on-line.
- Worked with end users in defining requirements, performed analysis, coding, and testing through implementation.
Environment: CICS, DB2, COBOL, VSAM, INTERTEST, QMF and JCL.Confidential
- Converted processing in their European divisions from the local currencies to the Eurodollar.
- This involved analysis and modifications to existing on-line transactions, batch processes and the creation of new reports.
- New division / location numbers were created to allow time flexibility for each country’s migration to doing business in the Euro.
Environment: CICS, DB2, IMS, COBOL, JCL, MS Excel, and Panvalet.Confidential
- Developed a Global Securities Lending System. The system consolidates securities lending to a single operating platform, which provides the availability of all assets, Both U.S. and global, enables quicker response times, and eliminates integrity issues such as differences between billing and client statements, and backdating inefficiencies.
- Developed COBOL stored procedures with Powerbuilder front ends and batch programs for processes in the functional areas of Manual Lending, Delivery & Settlement, and Collateralization.
Environment: COBOL, DB2, Powerbuilder, JCL, Expediter, File-Aid, and Endevor.Confidential
- Developed a parts system data warehouse. Performed data modeling, database design, data extraction and transformation.
- Produced both a normalized model and Star Schemas used for data mining.
- Data is extracted from multiple VMS RDB databases in a daily net change process and is used to populate an INFORMIX based data warehouse on a UNIX platform. Data transformation is performed utilizing PRISM.
Environment: database design, SQL, INFORMIX, DCL Scripts, Unix Shell Scripts, PRISM, and VI Editor.Confidential
- Developed an EDI bridge between their pricing system and the systems of a newly acquired company. This allows both companies systems to operate independently, yet remain integrated seamlessly.
- Provided user assistance, and problem determination to outside analysts for a Unix based packaged publishing system - XYVISION.
- Developed enhancements and modifications to many of their other processes, both on-line and batch and performed routine maintenance functions.
Environment: DB2, CICS, COBOL II, Changeman, QMF, MS-ACCESS, and JCL.Confidential
- Developed an interface (EDI) from their legacy transportation system to a new packaged trucking system (SURE SHIPPING).
- Developed enhancements to existing systems and tested modifications to their configuration of a packaged freight rating system (CASS).
Environment: DB2, IMS DC, CICS, COBOL, Telon, Xpediter, SPUFI, and JCL.Confidential
- Developed an interface (EDI) from their legacy systems to a new packaged warehousing management system (MOVE).
- The new system operates in regional warehouses utilizing ORACLE on a UNIX platform and communicates with central corporate systems through TCP/IP.
- Developed numerous on-line enhancements to mainframe purchasing, inventory, warehousing, and reporting systems.
Environment: DB2, IMS, CICS, COBOL II, Intertest, SPUFI, and JCL.Confidential
- Developed enhancements to a Customer Satisfaction System. These enhancements extended the retailer's distribution fulfillment services to companies within and outside of their core group.
- This allows them to process, warehouse, and fulfill other companies home catalog orders and to service additional companies with a minimal installation effort.
Environment: DB2, CICS, COBOL, JCL, FILEAID, QMF.Confidential
- Developed an on-line front end and interface (EDI) for their Issuer's Clearinghouse Service; ICS. The system utilizes a centralized national database of information about Visa and MasterCard credit card applicants and is designed to reduce card issuer's losses by reporting on incidents of fraud, unauthorized use, and bankruptcy filings.
- Designed, coded, tested and performed user acceptance testing of new CICS interactive and background task programs, and batch COBOL programs.
- Performed demonstrations of the system for client members.
Environment: CICS, COBOL, VSAM, and JCL in an IBM MVS environment.Confidential
- Developed enhancements for a Telephone Management System (TMSII). Was responsible for writing new online and batch reporting programs, in addition to modification and maintenance of the existing system.
- The system maintains detailed online information to manage the corporation's voice network. Also, batch procedures price each call and generate detailed reports on every aspect of the network's operation.
- Developed enhancements for a Work Order System. Made various changes to online programs for the creation, maintenance, and printing of functional work orders.
- The system allows different corporate groups such as: Engineering Services; Network Management Services; Telecommunication Operations; and Office Space Planning to enter and maintain their information under the same work order.
Environment: CICS, COBOLII, VSAM, JCL, DB2, QMFConfidential
- Developed enhancements for a billing system.
- Wrote new programs to recalculate contract termination dates for the reinstatement of lapsed contracts, and for changes in contract plan.
- Developed miscellaneous enhancements and performed maintenance of the system in support of the California/Nevada markets.
Environment: COBOL, VSAM, DYL280, and JCL.Confidential
- Designed an order entry interface (EDI) between their common order entry system and the systems of a new subsidiary company.
- Made enhancements to the common system to support the functionality of the subsidiary. This allows the flexibility to switch the subsidiary order calls to other customer order centers, with only minor operator retraining.
Environment: CICS, COBOL II, DB2, Assembler, and JCL.Confidential
- Developed enhancements for a Value Administration system.
- Was responsible for developing and maintaining software to manage several complex databases.
- Developed enhancements to a batch COBOL/DB2 application used to update product characteristic data.
- Created several programs that were used to transfer information between a DB2 host and a GUI front end application in a client server environment.
- The programs performed validation, update and search functions for the SQL Windows GUI.
- Working with the manufacturer of tubular steel products, installed and tailored purchased software packages, such as PRMS.
- The software performed all major business functions with an added emphasis on the manufacturing environment.
- Analyzed the client's current business practices, testing and the set-up of software in order to meet client needs.
- Provided client training regarding the use of this system.
Environment: Used RPG III and CL languages.Confidential
- Held position of project leader for Personal Insurance Rerating system and led team of 2-4 in completing system development projects.
- Created and maintained Personal Insurance system using DB2, COBOL II, and TABLES/AS in an IBM MVS environment.
- Used formal development methodology in project analysis, specification, documentation, testing, user training and project implementation.
- Worked directly with users, offering solutions, technical advice, and training.
- Duties included the design, coding, testing, implementation, maintenance, user training, and operation of business computer systems.
- Wrote initial programs and performed maintenance and modification tasks in an IBM 4381 MVS environment.