- DevOps Engineer with over 7+ years of experience as a Build and Release Engineer and strong expertise in implementing Software Configuration Management (SCM), Infrastructure Integrator and System Administrator
- Over 3 years of experience on Linux System Administration working on Red Hat Linux, Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows environments, VMware vSphere
- Worked on version control tools like Subversion (SVN), CVS , GIT and GIT Hub
- Strong knowledge on source controller concepts like Branches, Merges, Tags
- Extensively worked in continuous integration tools Jenkins, Hudson for end - end automation for all build and deployments
- Built chef modules for every conceivable software component installed on servers, including, but not limited to Apache, Cacti, DHCP, Duplicity, IPTables, JBoss, Tomcat, LDAP, Nagios, NTP, Open VPN
- Use of Maven & Ant as Build Tool for building of deployable artifacts (WAR & EAR) from source code
- Expertise in Shell Scripting, Perl Scripting for automating environment builds
- Experience in developing web applications implementing Model View Template architecture using Python for web application frameworks
- Proficient in Deploying code using web application servers like Web Sphere/ Web Logic/ Apache Tomcat/JBOSS
- Efficient in working closely with teams to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds and releases
- Experience in Cloud Computing, Cloud infrastructure provisioning, configuration, and management (Rack Space)
- Extensive experience working with AWS provided Services like EC2, ELB, VPC, Route 53, RDS, S3, IAM, and Cloud Watch
- Knowledge in managing Artifactory repositories for maven artifacts and dependencies
- Experienced with configuration management tools like Chef and Puppet
- Ability in managing all aspects of the software configuration management process including code compilation, packaging/deployment/release methodology, and application configurations
- Experience in build platform like Vagrant, Docker.
- Expertise in Oracle, MySQL.
- Experience in maintaining platforms like Ubuntu, Red Hat and CentOS
- Experience in load balancing, DNS, SSL, and firewalls
- Knowledge in Splunk and Nagios
- Experience in using bug tracking systems like JIRA and Service Now
- Hands-on Development Experience in Java and J2EE Applications
- Coordinated with the Offshore and Onshore teams for Production Releases
- Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing, and Implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Solaris, Microsoft Windows
Amazon Web Services: EC2, IAM, Elastic Beanstalk, and Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), RDS (MySQL), S3, Glacier, Route 53, SES, VPC, Monitoring
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios
Languages: JAVA, C++, Ruby, Shell, Power shell & Perl Scripting,python
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server
Issue tracking tools: JIRA, ServiceNow
Build Tools: Maven, Ant, MS Build
Integration tools: Jenkins, Hudson
Configuration Tools: Chef, Puppet
Source Control tool: SVN (Subversion), CVS, GIT, GIT Hub
Web Technology and Web servers: Web logic, Websphere, Apache tomcat/JBoss
Virtualization tools: Docker, Vagrant
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Participated in and worked with the fast paced Agile Development team building enterprise grade software systems
- Worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling, multi-AZ VPC, AMI and Cloud Watch
- Configured Ec2 container service (ECS) and Docker engine to deploy the micro services-oriented environments for scalable applications
- Migrated applications to the AWS cloud
- Responsible for Developing the cookbooks and recipes and authored them by using Ruby
- Worked with the Chef command line tool to work with the items in chef-repo, where the cookbooks are authorized, tested and maintained.
- Responsible for keeping the chef repository synchronized with the version source control and using Knife to upload items from the chef-repo to the chef server
- Responsible for interacting with the nodes, required for performing a bootstrap operation
- Installed, configured and upgraded Ubuntu .04
- Upgraded Ubuntu OS from .04 using RAM disk and Installed Ubuntu 14.04 on 30,000 workstations
- Puppet modules like Installing and managing Java versions and upgrading the LINUX Kernel and managing persistent SSH Tunnels
- Developed scripts which bootstrap systems from bare metal to functioning Puppet clients
- Provided the real-time visibility into what is happening on the chef server and the details tracked by the chef-client during the chef-client run and the data is used to build reports
- Responsible for developing the reporting metrics and providing reports to Management on different levels of statistics
- Wrote Puppet manifests for deploying, configuring and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring
- Responsible for writing and modifying modules for configuration management of NTP, SSH, and other services
- Built the Scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments
- Developed monitoring and notification tools using Python
- Developed Perl, Python and Shell scripts for automation of the build and release process
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a Web Application Server in Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process
- Performed Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools SVN, GIT
- Integrated JIRA with SVN, GIT and created automated release notes using Perl scripts
- Used JIRA to track bug issues and change management
Environment: Chef, Chef command line, Puppet, Knife, AWS, Docker, Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, Web Logic, JIRA, Perl Scripts, Python Scripts, Shell Scripts, LINUX, and Ruby.
Confidential, Bloomfield, CT
- Automated the front-ends platform into highly scalable, consistent, repeatable infrastructure using a high degree of automation using Chef, Vagrant, Jenkins, and Cloud Formation.
- Managed the configurations of Multiple servers using Chef
- Written multiple manifests and also customized facts for efficient management of the Chef clients.
- Written scripts in Ruby to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers.
- Focus on continuous integration and deployment, promoting Enterprise Solutions to target environments.
- Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- Written Cloud formation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Creating S3 buckets and also managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS
- Implemented Git mirror for SVN repository, which enables users to use both Git and SVN.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT.
- Deployed JAVA/J2EE applications through Tomcat Application Servers
- Worked with a complex environment on Red Hat Linux, Ubuntu and Windows Servers while ensuring that these systems adhere to organizational standards and policies.
- Maintain and track inventory using Jenkins and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- Strong in building Object Oriented applications using Java, writing Shell Scripts on Ubuntu
- Used tracking tool JIRA and also triaged the issues and maintained bugs using JIRA tool.
- Creating Cloudwatch alerts for instances and using them in Auto Scaling launch configurations.
- Bootstrapping instances using Chef and integrating with auto scaling.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloudwatch.
- Manage the integration of new software projects and products into the built environment.
- Work with product development to resolve build-related issues in all projects.
- Involved in Scrum ceremonies (stand-up, grooming, planning, demo/review and retrospective) with the teams to ensure successful project forecasting and realistic commitments
- Involved in scrum meetings, product backlog and other scrum activities and artifacts in collaboration with the team
- Troubleshooting various production related outages.
Environment: UNIX, Jenkins, Maven, Chef, Jira, AWS, S3 Bucket, Glacier, VPC, Auto Scaling, Cloudwatch, Java, Shell Script, Red Hat Linux, Ubuntu GIT, SVN, Vagrant.
Confidential, Tampa, Florida
Build and Release Engineer
- Involved in Design and document of project configuration management and release processes
- Involved in Design/review/implement/testing components and sub-components for Build Forge project (product release)
- Design, manage and execute tools and scripts to develop different versions of products on wide-range operating systems
- Design and implement Build Forge project (environment, library, selector, snapshot, steps creation and parallel build steps). Design and implement “continuous build system” for components. Create componentized build design and perform build timing optimization
- Implemented various branching, labeling, merging strategies. Performed code merge, branch management and various build and release workflows
- Perform requirement analysis for new enhancements of the build process. Research to improve the software building process
- Experience in development of an automated, continuous, build process that reviews the source code, identifies build errors and notifies appropriate parties to expedite/facilitate synchronization to the latest build
- Expertise in Develop, maintain and enhance PRE/POST build scripts (Shell, Perl and Python) environment
- Involved in preparing the code base for build, Compile, assemble, package, publish packages into repository and distribution creation for software
- Scheduling and execute build components and program build based on Agile/Scrum methodology. Build deployment and perform Sanity test/Smoke test the deployed software for the standard functionality of the application
- Performed build and release, Configure management/IT automation, JUnit/CPP unit test automation, code quality analysis
- Provided support for a bug fix, issue reporting, and defect tracking. Post - release support for the application
- Produced detailed release plans, control release scope, and monitoring milestones.
- Maintained the code base on version control system Subversion(SVN)
- Build related CI process document management in Wiki page.
- Provided support to setup, test and validate new build machine.
- Responded constantly and aggressively to build kickoff plan, build monitor and build issues, if any.
- Improve productivity by designing & developing full-featured build systems.
- Implement tools and scripts that enable efficient, flexible builds (Shell, Perl and Python).
- Work with engineering, operations, quality assurance and project management to define and execute projects that implement build, release and deployment of software.
- Provided support for another team build-related activity. Train users on usage of Build Forge. Support development team for SVN (Subversion) related issue.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, ANT, MAVEN, Web Logic, Perl Scripts, Shell Scrips, JUnit, Build&Release.
- Recognized by the community as an Ubuntu Core Developer which carries commit rights to the package archives for Ubuntu.
- Installed and configured Apache / Tomcat web server.
- Installed and configured VNC (Virtual Network Computing) server/client.
- Monitored System Activities like CPU, Memory, Disk and Swap space usage to avoid any performance issues.
- Created and modified users and groups with SUDO permission.
- Created and modified application related objects, created Profiles, users, roles and maintained system security.
- Responsible for setting up cron jobs scripts on production servers.
- Responsible for writing/modifying scripts using sh, ksh, and bash for day-to-day administration.
- Modified Kernel parameters to improve the server performance in Linux.
- Creation of Logical Volume Manager (LVM) for Linux operating systems.
- Involved in design, configuration, installation, implementation, management, maintain and support for the Corporate Linux servers RHEL, Ubuntu.
- Coordinating with 24 x 7 on-call support personnel in debugging.
- Coordinating users for any server activities which may involve major changes on software or any hardware related issues.
- Maintained proper documentation of all the activities carried out during the project
- Worked with DBA team for database performance issues, network related issues on Linux Servers.
- Provided 24/7 on call support on UNIX Production Servers including Solaris and Linux as well as worked across multiple projects including data centre migration and performance tuning.
- Maintained the entire development and test labs including the target board, switches, Routers, APC's for testing.
- Setting and Managing NFS, NIS, DNS, TFTP, FTP, DHCP, SNMP, Shell Scripting, patching, Automate nightly builds and also does some test and send the results as mail.
- Having knowledge in doing cross compilation kernel compilation
- Installed packages for Ubuntu systems using apt-get
- Installing and partitioning disk drives. Creating, mounting and maintaining file systems to ensure access to system, application and user data.
- Installing, configuring and administering NIS master server and NIS slave server.
- Data consistency of file system using fsck and other utility.
- Co-coordinating with the customers vendors for any system up gradation and giving the exact procedure to follow up.
- Scheduling the daily/weekly/monthly backups.
- Patching up the system to the latest version as per the recommendations.
- Monitor the health of the servers, Operating system, database and the network.
- Maintenance of Hard disks (Formatting and Setup, Repair from crashes).
- Installing & administering NFS services using automounter.
- Regular disk management like adding/replacing hard drives on existing servers/workstations, partitioning according to requirements, creating new file systems or growing existing one over the hard drives and managing file systems.
- Creating users, assigning groups and home directories, setting quota and permissions; administering file systems and recognizing file access problems.
- Maintaining appropriate file and system security, monitoring and controlling system access, changing permission, ownership of files and directories, maintaining passwords, assigning special privileges to selected users and controlling file access, monitoring status of process in order to increase the system efficiency, scheduling system related and cron jobs.
- Installation of Oracle databases 8i/9i.
- Build and maintain windows 2000 and 2003 servers. Worked on migrating from windows .
- Managed windows servers, configured domain, active directory; created users and groups; assigned permission to the groups on the folders.
- Setup LANs and WLANs; Troubleshoot network problems. Configure routers and access points.
Environment: Red Hat Linux, Logical Volume Manager, Global File System, Red Hat Cluster Servers, Oracle, MySQL, DNS, NIS, NFS, Apache, Tomcat.