Operating System: HP - UNIX, HP VMS, Sun Solaris 7, 10, Red Hat 4 & 5 / RHEL/Fedora and Mandrake / Mandriva Linux / Backtrack & Kali, Linux Mint and Puppy, Windows
Software: Numerous Applications under Windows Microsoft Office and Linux/UNIX (Star Office). Citrix, VMWare, rdesktop, RPM / Windows Installation
Servers: sendmail, nfs, ftp, DNS, Apache
Utilities: shell, grep, sed, gimp, wine, rpm, lpd/lpr, CUPS
Database: MySQL, myPHPAdmin
Confidential, Hicksville, NY
- Operations support, using systems Red Hat Linux, Server 2008, Sun Solaris, Microsoft Server 2008, CISCO, Harmonic NSG 9000 QAM.
- Scripting experience with Confidential, PERL, PHP, MySQL, (Navicat tool for reporting and deep error diving) system transcoding, troubleshooting, overall monitoring of CABLEVSION Video on Demand customer experience.
- Customer interaction and satisfaction.
- Server/Cluster support within head-end server room.
- Utilize monitoring tools for troubleshooting AppDynmaics, Splunk and SQL, and Wireshark for network monitoring.
- Utilize Remedy for ticketing system.
- Connection Manager CISCO product USRM VOD Session Manager (VSM) Red hat Linux based application.
- Migration to VSRM (virtual) utilizing VSphere by VMWare and provide hardware support using UCS Manager.
- Performed administrative duties on IBM System X Lenavo Blades (iDATAPLEX racks), Cisco UCS system, SeaChange gateway supports QAM IP-video (hardware and connectivity support for infiniband card / cables) utilizing cluster based systems.
Confidential, Queens, NY
Linux Operations System Administrator
- Daily Operations of Cloud Technologies, monitor data transmissions of Financial Clients.
- Create / modify Confidential scripts, SQL database, PHP and online client training.
- Install and configure Centos 6 machines to support SaaS financial engineering production and non-production environments.
- DNS configuration (Windows and Linux), Apache / IPTables Firewall configuration.
- Linux hardening. Spector 360 configuration for employee workstation monitoring and surveillance.
Confidential, Brooklyn, NY
Lead UNIX System Engineer
- Provided Diagnosis of operational issues pertaining to Windows, UNIX and Linux systems in a 24x7x365 Network Operations Center.
- Check runtime, process time, run scripts using CronTab.
- Support hardware trouble shooting, software installs, tests.
- Updated, created and modified UNIX / Linux scripts (AWK, Bourne, Perl) to enhance operational efficiency.
- Monitored all aspects of the network infrastructure using various network management tools (CITRIX, TIVOLI).
- Executed test plans/scripts to ensure efficiency and reliability of new and enhanced software for AMEX services.
- Maintained communications with respective System Engineers in accordance with escalation policy and procedures
- Performed follow up on issues when needed. Evaluated all outages by understanding the impact and resolve issues without adversely impacting business services and/or servers