- Around 15 years of IT experience in Linux along with two years as Hadoop Administrator.
- Hands - on experience in installing, configuring Hadoop eco-System components like YARN, HDFS, Pig, Hive, HBase.
- Enabled & supported Hive, Hbase in large clusters. .
- Involved in Hadoop Cluster environment administration tasks includes adding and removing
- Nodes, cluster capacity planning, performance tuning, cluster monitoring, Troubleshooting,
- Disaster backup & recovery
- Proven expertise in working on RHEL (5.X to 7.2), Suse Linux Administration (11.1 to 12.1), Centos 7.X Red hat satellite 6.4, Windows and VMware.
- Excellent Presentation skills on Linux as SME.
- OS tuning for Hadoop performance, Yarn tuning,
- Edge node installation and configuration
- Import and export the data through SQOOP
- Kerberos server installation and configuration
- Hands on experience of HDFS data encryption for Hadoop data security
- Help other development team (Middleware, Jira, Elastic search, Zypher and sas etc.) to deploy their application and troubleshoot.
- Good knowledge on IBM dataware appliances installation and restoration.
- Good knowledge of automation tools like cloudera manager, Puppet,Ansible,Dockers and Suse manager
- Good experience on Design, configure and manage the backup and disaster recovery for Hadoop data.
- Work with other application for Disaster recovery in Linux server.
- Extensively involved in DevOps , Release Engineering, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure, Monitoring, and Automation.
- Hands on experience installation, configuration and deploying automation tools like, Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Suse-Manager and Red-hat satellite server.
- Hands on cluster Veritas and Oracle Rac
- Hands on experience of installation and deployment of Hadoop cluster in AWS and VMware
- Hands on experience installation and deployment of container like VMware, Parallel-bare metal and Dockers
- Good knowledge of SAN and NAS storage system.
- Good Knowledge on bash shell scripting.
- Good Knowledge on Networking and Hands on experience of Building Data Centre
- Ability to deliver quality solutions under pressure.
- Well versed with System Integration, IT Operations, Change Management Incident Management, Problem Management, Capacity Management and Vendor Management.
- Good analytical, problem solving communication skills and have the ability to work either independently with little or no supervision or as a member of a team.
- Excellent technical and organizational skills, with ability to communicate, present & effectively impart technical information / training.
Platforms: RHEL, SLES OEL 5/6 Unbreakable, Exalytics systems
Bigdata: Cloudera Hadoop manager5.8, CDH 5.10, HDFS, Yarn, HBase, Hive, Spark, Pig
Virtualization: Parallels Server Bare Metal, Parallels Virtual, Oracle Virtual Machines, ESXi (VMware), VBlock, AWS (Amazon Cloud), Dockers
High Availability: Veritas Cluster Server, EMC Power path, Oracle RAC
Backup and Monitoring Tools: Fog-light, Big Brother, HP Open View, Commvault, and NetBackup Nagios
Mail Server: Send Mail and Postfix
Automation tools: Puppet, chef, Ansible, Redhat-Satellite and Suse Manager
Professional system administrator, Phoenix, Arizona
- Working as Linux (SME) and Hadoop administrator
- Taking care of 200-node of Hadoop cluster version 5.10. And 2000 RHEL/Suse/Centos server
- Taking care of Hadoop implementation, Daily job and Health issues
- Performance Tuning of Hadoop Cluster
- Involved in Importing and exporting data into HDFS and Hive using Sqoop.
- Hands on experience in analyzing Log files for Hadoop and eco system services and finding root cause
- Monitored workload, job performance and capacity planning using Cloudera Manager .
- Experience on Commissioning, Decommissioning, Balancing, and Managing Nodes and tuning server for optimal performance of the cluster.
- As a admin involved in Cluster maintenance, trouble shooting, Monitoring and followed proper backup& Recovery strategies
- Implementation of data encrypt and Kerberos user setup for Hadoop cluster security .
- Experience in HDFS data storage and support for running map-reduce jobs Resolving issue logged by application owner
- Configured and administered Monitoring tools like Nagios for Hadoop and Big brother for other linux system
- Work with security auditors for remove the Linux OS vulnerability and apply the respective patches.
- Work with database team for availability for Oracle RAC cluster.
- Installation and configuration LDAP user for Linux
- Completed first puppet audit in a number of years, correcting a large number of outdated and incorrect manifests/modules
- Setup, configure and maintain Atlassian suite ( Jira, Confluence, Elastic-Search, Zypher, Fisheye ) application servers and other application server ( middleware, Database and SAS )
- Monitoring and Alarm generation on time
- Experience in writing Shell scripts for various purposes like file validation , automation and job scheduling using Crontab.
- Experience in developing Shell Scripts for system management.
- Expertise in Installation, Configuration, Integration, Tuning, Backup, Disaster recovery, Upgrades, Patching, Monitoring System Performance, System and Network Security and Troubleshooting of RHEL, OEL 5.0/6.0 and Centos 6.0/7.0 Servers
- Responsible for ongoing, effective communication of UNIX (Solaris, Red hat Linux, Linux Suse and VMware instance) Storage.
- Participate in on call rotation.
- Responsible for engaging and managing relationships with 3rd party suppliers.
- Building, Installing, Configuring servers from scratch with OS of RedHat Linux
- Configuration and Administration of VERITAS Volume Manager and High Availability
- Installing Patches to the current version, Packages related to hardware, and system customization
- Configuration of MySQL, Oracle PL/SQL database and Oracle RAC cluster.
- Experience virtualizing Physical Redhat Linux servers by migrating them to VM's on VMWare ESX and vSphere.
- Experience performing migrations of Applications from different UNIX servers like Solaris, HPUX to Redhat Linux .
- Arranging sessions and KT for team members
- Responsible for remote co-ordination with h/w vendor for maintenance activity like HBA replacement, disk replacement on Solaris/Linux on various Sun hardware (Sun Fire series, Sun Enterprise series, M5000, Sun Netra etc.)
- Hands on experience on Cluster heartbeat related problem, IPMP, Linux bonding, power path related issues
- SAN related troubleshooting and HBA failure replacement
- Working as Tech Lead and handling a team of 7 people for technical escalation
- Awarded by client for domain migration project and data center critical application support.
- Providing Level-3 Technical Support to more than 300 mission critical UNIX Servers running Database & Applications on all platform of Linux
- Experience installing Linux servers using Kickstart and Cloning on ESX servers.
- Configured Volume groups and logical volumes, extended logical volumes for file system growth needs using Red hat Logical Volume Manager (LVM) commands .
- Installation and configuration of HDLM for the multipath of storage disk.
- Performing system administration tasks like Patch/Package Management, User Access Management and Control and File System Management.
- Experience supporting applications installation and configurations like Apache, Iplanet, WebLogic, WebSphere and Databases like Oracle
- Solaris to Linux migration projects, OS upgrade projects, Datacenter optimization projects etc.
- Performing various scheduled and emergency changes/tasks as per client change management policies related to environment builds etc.
- Monitoring system resources including CPU, Memory, Disk and Network etc. through automated tools, to ensuring system health.
- Providing technical support to all user and local system administrator across India.
- Installation and configuration of Linux suse server, configuring postfix mail server, configuring LDAP on red hat Linux.
- Network monitoring.
Customer Support Engineer
- Managed installation, Configuration and middle level administration of Linux server
- Involved in installation and maintenance of Compaq desktop and Digital PC’s
- Tracking the backup and Restoration of data on windows NT,Win 2000 and Linux