Senior DevOps Engineer - Architect with industry experience in both advertising and manufacturing. Strong Linux administration skills with emphasis in integration, designing for and migrating systems to the AWS cloud. My disciplines for the last five years have focused on cloud implementations for advertising digital systems, including implementation of identity and SSO systems, LDAP, digital asset management and a very strong skill using Amazon AWS/EC2. Integration between disparate identity systems is something that is a specialty.
- AWS - EC2, RDS, IAM, S3
- Linux - Redhat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Amazon
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012
- Familiarity with MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle DBs and MongoDB
- Apache HTTP, Lighttpd, HA-Proxy, Nginx, Apache Tomcat, Microservices
- Shibboleth SP, SAML, SSO, Oracle OAM, JSON, XML, LDAP, Active Directory, Domino, SSH
- SAN, iSCSI, Citrix Netscaler
- Nagios, Solarwinds, Puppet, Docker
- ServiceNow, HP Openview, MAX helpdesk
- ITIL, Agile methodologies, some TOGAF
Sr. Solutions Architect
Confidential, Chicago, Illinois
- Created a disaster recovery infrastructure in Amazon cloud, migrating physical infrastructure to AWS. Utilizing much of the EC2 stack, RDS, IAM and S3
- Worked with development to architect SAML SSO SP (service provider) implementations using Shibboleth
- Ushered in SAML SSO IdP (identity provider) functionality for many of our sites using a SecureAuth appliance.
- Putting some of my ITIL experience to work, I was part of the team that deployed ServiceNow into the organization. Focusing on service catalog entries and identity LDAP integration.
- Architected and migrated our enterprise directory LDAP away from an unreliable Oracle OID, to use OpenDS instead. The Oracle Access Manager transition made this challenging.
- Integrated the various helpdesk systems to feed into HP OpenView to aide in consolidation. Used email and SOAP interconnections to get the job done. Ultimately, the system was replaced with ServiceNow.
- Deployed Nagios monitoring and interfaced it with ServiceNow service desk
- Supported the rollout of Outlook and migration from Lotus Notes.
- Built out our virtualized environments on VMWare in two datacenters.
- Helped migrate many of our applications away from Flowbuilder and on to pure Tomcat based systems.
- Designed a system to allow for common passwords between Lotus Domino, AD and Oracle OID.
- Deployed Oracle DB, Oracle OID, Oracle OAM and Oracle Portal. Oracle OID was a migration away from IBM directory servers. Oracle OAM became our SSO.
- Designed an identity management interface and workflows using FlowBuilder XSP.
- Built a digital asset management (DAM) system upon FlowBuilder XSP and used WamNet for backend asset storage.
- Years before Dropbox, built a similar in-house system for large file transfer to and from clients. Originally in Lotus Domino, it was migrated to Flowbuilder XSP.
- On team that designed and architected our LDAP system upon IBM directory servers.
- Worked with our Detroit teams to build web systems to order and distribute marketing materials to Ford dealerships.
- Built a system that indexed scanned invoices into a database. Web interface put in place using Lotus Domino.
- Put up several client-focused web based systems using a product called Intraspect.
- Maintained and enhanced company Intranet using mainly Lotus Domino.
Engineering Systems Analyst
Confidential, Tinley Park, Illinois
- Developed in C - X-Windows/Motif plug-ins for Unigraphics CAD/CAM system that automated CAD functions for engineers, designers and toolmakers.
- Architect of Engineering System's migration from VMS to Windows NT 4.
- Designed the NT 4 (Active Directory) domain that was adopted by the rest of Confidential .
- Automated Unigraphics CAD file migration from proprietary file system to Windows Confidential .
- Developed Confidential tool path transmission system using Visual Basic from Network OS to Confidential tools (lathes, mills, die-sinks).
- Implemented Confidential /Pathworks PC network.
- Managed R&D Lab.