Highly knowledgeable IT professional with 19 plus combined years of experience as a system / network administrator. In - depth understanding of current networking trends derived from progressive achievement in Active Directory, virtualization, information security, data center operations, and other leading edge technical areas. Broad scope of technical skill using the latest operating systems, hardware, software applications, protocols, and virtualization tools, with expert-level capabilities in Microsoft, Citrix, and hybrid networking environments. Capable of delivering sound design, maintenance, and troubleshooting on complex network infrastructure, software applications, and specialized IT solutions.
- System / Network Administration Acitve Directory Virtualization Hardware & Software Implementation Infrastructure
- Emerging Technologies Systems Integration Disaster Recovery / Data Security
- Technical Team Leadership Troubleshooting Project Management
Operating Systems: Windows XP / 7 / 8 / 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / 2012 , Cisco IOS, Novell SUSE
Software: Active Directory, Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop, Centrify, Group Policy, Remedy, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Exchange, Visio, Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), Internet Information Services (IIS), Microsoft SQL Server, Acronis, Ghost, McAfee AntiVirus, McAfee Host Based Security System (HBSS), Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP), Sophos, DISA Gold Disk, Retina, (DELL) Quest Tools, WireShark, IBM Systems Director, MOM 2005, SNMPc Network Manager, Resource Kits, System Internals, Backup Exec
Hardware: Dell, HP, IBM, Cisco, Juniper, NAS / SAN, Thin-Clients, KVM, NIC/HBA Cards, Smart Cards, RSA SecurID Tokens
Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, HTTP(s), SMTP, SFTP, SSH, SNMP, ICA, RDP
Virtualization: Citrix XenApp (up to 6.5), Citrix XenServer, Citrix XenDesktop (up to 7.1), VMware vSphere (up to 5.1), Hyper V, Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2
Scripting: PowerShell, VBScript, Batch
Active Directory / Citrix Administrator
Confidential, Savannah, Georgia
- Provide Microsoft Active Directory and Citrix administration for all of Confidential ’s 18,000+ user enterprise.
- The job entails ensuring operational readiness of existing solutions as well as implementing new technologies that improves the IT readiness of Confidential .
- I continue to provide my insight into helping Confidential achieve its vision where it pertains to my expertise.
- Architected and implemented the game plan to achieve a Domain/Forest functional level 2008 R2 from 2003.
- Added (2) Forests (1) for DEV and (1) for QA for GAC to ensure they can lifecycle solutions.
- Cleaned up Active Directory Sites and Services and all unused OU’s within the Forest.
- Consolidated and optimized the GPO infrastructure to make it more efficient.
- Designed and placed into production an HA enterprise ready Citrix XenApp 6.5 farm that replaced the Citrix Presentation 4.5 farm.
- Rolled out Centrify to authenticate/authorize AIX, Linux RHEL, SUSE, and OSX via the Active Directory umbrella.
- Key member of all projects that have hooks into Active Directory and Citrix.
Sr. System Administrator
Confidential, Rancho Mirage, California
- Provided Active Directory, Citrix Presentation Server 4 / 4.5, XenApp 6.5, Windows 2003 / 2008, VMware vSphere 5, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, IBM TSM, and HP-UX 11i system administration and project implementation support for 900+ (Physical / Virtual) servers residing on the Confidential enterprise network.
- Put in charge of administering and troubleshooting EMC’s Presentation server 4 and 4.5 farms. This meant ensuring all pieces of the solution Netscaler, Citrix Access Gateway, Active Directory, and farm members were up and functional 24/7 to service the 3000+ user base.
- Brought in to put together an upgrade path to XenApp 6.5 running on Windows 2008 R2. This included providing EMC with a current inventory of the various McKesson medical applications and other various vendors hosted on the Citrix farms. I then created a Citrix architecture diagram of their current environment and then a proposed XenApp 6.5 diagram with an accompanied project plan outlining the way forward.
- Implemented a HP-UX cron job that would fire off HP-UX Ignite (bare metal restore) tape backup during appropriate off hours. This also included a tape rotation plan that was provided to the operations team for implementation.
- Helped troubleshoot the application Horizon Surgical Manager's slowness through Citrix Presentation 4. This application was being accessed through a Spacelab bedside monitor. The steps taken to correct the issue were to move the bedside monitor users to a mandatory terminal services profile, P2V the older hosts to VMware, upgrade the bedside monitor to a newer version of the Citrix client, and have the Database team re-index the tables within the DBMS.
Confidential, Irvine, California
- Valued member of the Windows / VMware Configuration Management team that was focused on meeting and maintaining the security guidelines Well Fargo set forth. This team was goal oriented and consequently met the deadlines of being fully remediated / monitored, even with restricted timelines.
- Helped update and create Server Build / Verification documents. This created consistency for new builds going into the various WFDS security enclaves (Active Directory Domains).
- Created VBScripts for various time consuming configuration management tasks, which enabled the CM team to achieve project milestones at a quicker rate.
- Lent a hand with various project driven hardware installation / retirement tasks within the local data centers.
- Remained flexible with my hours to participate in key software roll-outs throughout the WFDS Windows enterprise.
- Upgraded the BIOS’s, firmware, and drivers of the WFDS branch servers. This corrected the monthly reboot hanging issues, and also allowed the SA Platform team the ability to use the latest version of Java while talking to the IBM RSA (Remote Supervisor Adapter) card.
- Administered / Configured / Troubleshot, Active Directory, Windows 2000, 2003, 2008, VMware Infrastructure 3.5, VMware vSphere 4.1 environment
Network Administrator, Lead
Confidential, San Diego, California
- Brought on board specifically for my Citrix skill set, but also delivered network administration, general information technology (IT), and information assurance (IA) support initially for the San Diego office then ultimately for State and Federal government customers.
- Led multifaceted IT maintenance and support projects for clients spanning up to two years in duration. Ran the local Active Directory network, validated backup processes and Confidential functionality, provided troubleshooting to end users, and managed all IT documentation.
- Performed imaging, patching, and other functions such as supporting Microsoft Exchange. Orchestrated updates, conversions, and migrations.
- Consulted and piloted a Citrix testing platform that won over the management / technical team in such a way that Citrix was named the preferred vendor virtualization solution versus IBM for the Navy Enterprise Maintenance Automated Information System ( Confidential ) ERP project.
- Constructed a budget for the Confidential ERP project that accurately reflected the client’s infrastructure needs, incorporating a detailed IT inventory assessment and End of Life analysis.
- Shifted CAC card validation and reverse proxy service to the DMZ by developing a custom Citrix NetScaler / Citrix Access Gateway / Presentation Server / XenApp 4.5 / FIPS 140-2 / Secure LDAP Active Directory solution.
- Introduced an upgrade matrix that identified application or server prerequisite requirements, which helped mitigate errors when upgrading systems from IBM AIX 5.2 to 5.3.
- Provided administration and maintenance for SPAWAR’s Quest Intrust and Ecora products.
- Citrix / Windows team member within the Confidential data center supporting and their Active Directory Presentation Server / XenApp 4.5 environment containing 450 Windows 2003 servers that serviced 14,000 plus remote users throughout the enterprise enclaves. This required an in-depth understanding of Citrix riding on Windows Active Directory for both administration and troubleshooting. Also worked with a couple of other brilliant Citrix engineers in which we all shared our extensive knowledge amongst each other. If it couldn’t be solved from our Citrix team, calls where then escalated to Citrix to help us solve the pertaining issue in a timely manner.
- Participated in Disaster Recovery DR failover op tests to ensure functionality and SLA time frames were realized to ensure minimal PRD downtime.
- Designed and constructed a new Active Directory / virtualization solution from for the Defense Information System Agency (DISA) San Diego that facilitated thin-client access through Citrix MetaFrame / Presentation Server. Once the solution was in production, I remained as their Citrix administrator fine tuning and troubleshooting any issues that arose.
- Performed a series of critical system tests that assured DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) re-accreditation and continued Authority to Operate (ATO) for the Pearl Harbor Naval Ship Yard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility (PHNSY & IMF).
- Safeguarded business continuity for the County of San Diego during a data center migration by transferring Juniper and Checkpoint firewall rules to the new Cisco ASA firewalls.
- Enhanced network performance and reduced excess costs by streamlining servers and IT infrastructure as well as introducing a Visio diagram for Confidential ’s Division 262 network.
- Converted the network from Microsoft Exchange to IBM’s Lotus Domino.
- Established a web-enabled Confidential (CAC / Smart Card) Citrix Secure Gateway solution to allow virtualization and remote access through Citrix Access Suite 4.5. Two-Factor is the new norm in the government, so with this solution we were able to keep Citrix as the virtualization solution.
- Awarded entry into Confidential ’s Encore Achiever’s Club.
Confidential, Tampa, Florida
- Spearheaded a technical team of 5 that accomplished a company-wide Windows 2000 launch.
- Bridged a direct path of communication from the Tampa office to the firm’s top local client by integrating an Ascend ISDN modem with a dedicated circuit.
- Designed a roadmap to complete a seamless network migration to a new office location.
Confidential, Clearwater, Florida
- Developed database queries that accelerated financial data gathering and won approval from the company’s Chief Financial Officer.
- Managed maintenance and support for Confidential ’s hybrid Microsoft / Novell network.
Confidential, Jacksonville, Florida
- Contributed to customer network design, implementation, and maintenance.
Client / Server Network Engineer
Confidential, Jacksonville, Florida
- Led technical projects supporting the integration of Conrail into the Confidential network.
- Helped maintain and troubleshoot various Citrix farms based on WinFrame 1.7 and MetaFrame 1.8.
- Provided on-call support to the local LAN / WAN network.
- Developed servers for local and remote data centers.