System engineering professional with over 30 years of diverse project experience with the DoD, DHS, Confidential, and CIA communities, and state and local governments. Skilled in military system evaluation/analysis, modeling/simulation, cyber systems, GIS, imagery, and system development. Detail oriented and dedicated team player with a passion for technical challenges.
- System engineering/SDLC - Requirements (HW & SW), specifications, design, code, IV&V, CMMI
- Requirements management ( Confidential, RequisitePro)
- Waterfall, agile development (Jira)
- Air/Ground/Undersea Electronic Warfare / Chemical Warfare
- Avionics - Navigation, Radar, Altimeter, RWR
- Threat analysis/survivability
- Combat systems - Army, Navy, Air Force
- Geographic Information Systems - Mapping, spatial analysis
- Modeling/Simulation - Airframe six-dof, TF/TA navigation, radar, EOB
- Imagery - UAV full motion video ( Confidential ) processing, exploitation, dissemination
- Cyber systems - Data ingest, Flow Visualization, Incident Management
- Software quality metrics ( Confidential )
- Computer Aided Dispatch - Public Safety
- Training systems - Operational, Maintenance
Programming: C, Perl, HTML, Matlab, DXL, Fortran
OS/Platforms: Unix, Linux (Redhat, Ubuntu), DEC, Confidential, SGI, Windows, Mac
Applications: Confidential, RequisitePro, Arcsight, Tableau, Centrifuge, Jira, Virtual Box, Matlab, AutoCAD, ArcInfo, ArcView, Mapinfo/Hawkeye, Intergraph w/s, MS Office, Visio
Sr. Adv. Engineer
- requirements management/QA ( Confidential, Jira), FAT test support, CDRL preparation; SE Confidential training; independent auditor. full motion video ( Confidential ), imagery processing, exploitation, and dissemination system; HW/SW requirements elicitation, analysis, management ( Confidential ), and UML design for various installations and customers; proposal support. hybrid waterfall/agile development; system requirements, specifications, test ( Confidential, Jira); integration of COTS flow visualization tools, incident management and security management systems; data ingest. legacy migration to Liferay. database schema design, requirements management. submarine combat and control system requirements verification and regression testing.
- LHA/ LHD multi-ship deployment of situational awareness system - SSS, SRS, IRS development; requirements management/metrics ( Confidential, RequisitePro); testing.
Lead System Engineer
- SRS, IRS development; requirements management/metrics; algorithm design and test (MATLAB); software integration and test. integration into Advanced Integrated Electronic Warning System (AIEWS); system/software analysis; led Confidential integration team on site.
Senior Test Engineer
- Interstate Identification Index (III) ( Confidential ) requirements analysis, operational methods, and techniques; test procedure development; acceptance testing.
Senior System Engineer
- system development; project coordinator for three installations of public safety (911) systems; developed and validated functional requirements; managed automated trouble reporting system.
- mapping and GIS application development for Defense Mapping Agency; terrain slope ( Confidential ) map overlay construction; VPF product symbology creation; ocean bottom roughness evaluation using hydro databases; Confidential software quality metrics evaluation ( Confidential ); Confidential dBase files to ArcInfo coverages conversion; site diagram ID and viewing system (MapInfo, AutoCAD/Hawkeye) development; managed GIS laboratory.
- developed AN/BQQ-5 sonar trainer system (21B64D) requirements, test plans, test procedures, and in-lab operabilities.
- Developed, tested, and certified AN/BSY-1 maintenance trainer pre-faulted hardware modules.
Confidential, Buffalo, NY
- large-scale models/simulation development - battlefield electronic warfare, terrain following/terrain avoidance (six-dof) navigation, and terrain clutter effects; generated optimum state variable coefficients for stable TF design; developed radar LOS masking methodology ( Confidential ); developed unique algorithms for gap filling of sensed terrain data, usage of old terrain data, and implementation of on-board digital terrain databases; estimated system noise of radio altimeter data from airborne terrain contour matching system; conducted sensitivity analyses using a chemical liquid agent deployment model and designed programs to investigate rain tracks; developed flight path generation programs and designed a program to analyze candidate air traffic routes.