- 18 years of experience with an exceptional academic background, expertise in enterprise solutions architect and managing global systems transition to Converged Data Center within the context of contemporary cloud computing, ERP (SAP & Oracle) and shared data systems for numerous industries across North America, LAC, EMEA & APAC regions.
- Specialize in architecting global systems migration of Shared Data Systems, Relational Databases & ERP migrations from legacy source data centers to Co - Lo data centers and successfully executed over 55 global data center consolidation & transition projects for LAC, EMEA, APAC & North America regions.
- Exceptional expertise in consulting and managing Data Center infrastructures’ transformation to cloud models (Public, Private, Hybrid & Community) and Cloud solutions (IaaS, PaaS & SaaS) migrations using industry best practices.
- Expertise in providing Enterprise Solutions Architect consultancy for data and systems migration solutions throughout the course of projects’ Inception, Elaboration, Construction and Transition life cycle to ensure that legacy systems (infrastructures, Applications/ERP & data) are successfully migrated to AWS cloud technologies (VPC, IAC, Direct-Connect, Simple-AD, EC2, S3, Glacier, EBS, RDS, DynamoDB, Redshift, Kinesis, EAS & WorkSpace).
- Expertise in successfully architecting on-premises converged infrastructures (EMC Vmax, VNX & V-block for Cloud, NetApp NAS, Virtualization, & HP Storage Area Network (SAN), HP Data Protector & HP D2D, development and integration strategies including end-to-end backup & recovery systems of EMC Avamar, Data Domain, and EMC’s ECC Storage-Scope, Unisphere & SMI infrastructure resource management systems.
- Specialize in strategizing and validating Enterprise Service Architecture (ESA) & Service Level Architecture including 2, 3 and 4 tiers environments to ensure successful integrations of SAN, Blade Servers, and Load Balancers, Core Network infrastructures including the application, presentation and session layers.
- Successful in providing best practices and methods to architect effective Failover and Replication solutions of NetApp SnapVault replicator for data migration, EMC’s Recovery-Points & Mirror-View replication technologies to ensure systems availability of the following environments: Applications, Blade Servers, storage, VMware, Network and DR facility power grids.
- Exceptional skills in Agile Scrum/Sprint Project Management practices, Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Process Improvement methods (CMMI, ITIL, Six Sigma & Lean), SAP full life cycle development implementation methods best practices.
- Utilization of QA/QC & IV&V expertise to ensures the quality, development and deployment/implementation of Data Center & Disaster Recovery Infrastructures -- so that the projects milestones are met & delivered on time and within the budget.
- Successful in building project teams, providing team leadership, coaching and training various areas of the hardware and software life cycle analysis, design, development, integration, test and maintenance.
- Expertise in Agile Scrum/Sprint methods to manage over 55 global data center migrations projects from LAC, EMEA & APAC regions to Converged and Cloud based data centers.
- Successful in managing and coordinating global project teams from LAC, EMEA & APAC to execute data center consolidation and transition to converged infrastructures (EMC’s V-block, Cloud, Virtualization, Avamar, HP SAN EVA StorageWorks, Blade Servers & Cisco LAN/WAN) and ERP driven applications (SAP, Oracle Financials & PeopleSoft HR) directing over 10 team members at a time.
- Specialize in Program Management practice, Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) specific practices (e.g., Project Planning, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Project Tracking & Oversight, Measurement & Analysis and Corrective Actions, Issue & Action Item Tracking, Risk Management, Feasibility & Impact Analysis and Base of Estimates), IT Business Development (e.g., SOW, RFP, Proposal, ITIL driven strategy development based processes, procedures, charters & policy standardization), Organizational Change Management, Project Management specific practice and Six Sigma quality driven team management.
- Expert in tailoring EMC’s Storage Networking Life Cycle framework (Initiation, Planning, Implementation & Closure) to design, configure, test and implement EMC SAN, V-block & VNX for Converged and Cloud and Data Center infrastructures.
- Successful in tailoring and implementing Enterprise Architect (EA) methodology to successfully analyze, design, customize and deploy Data Center & Disaster Recovery infrastructures, as per requirements specification.
- Effective in preparing information technology oriented organizations for high level CMM/CMMI & ITIL certifications so that they successfully achieve their overall project objectives, efficiently.
ANALYTICAL AND TECHNICAL SKILLS:
MDM & Big Data pattern analysis using unobtrusive (exiting data) research methods: causations, validity, sampling, linear regression, metric-coefficient, conceptualizing entities & attributes, developing logical & physical enterprise data architect based on analytics results.
SAP Exchange Infrastructure (SAP XI): to be able to implement cross-system and applications business processes, to connect to different external vendors systems (non-SAP and SAP) in different versions and implemented in different programming languages (Java, ABAP, and so on) to each other.
Software development methodologies: Top-Bottom, Bottom-Up, Linear, Prototypes, Evolutionary, Incremental-Prototypes, and Rapid Application Development to support SAP Modules. Structured Analysis and Design methodologies and tools Data Flow Diagrams (DFD) Logical, Physical and Child Diagrams using Visio and Flowchart mechanisms. Object Oriented Diagrams (OOD) UML, RUP, Class/Object and Sequences Diagrams.
Relational Database methodologies: Oracle PL/SQL, Standard SQL, Logical Data Modeling (ERD), physical architect, referential integrity, functional dependencies and data dictionary methods. Tailoring EMC’s SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realizable & Traceable) best practice framework to develop an effective requirement and provide measure business justifications for infrastructure projects.
Performing gap analysis on As-IS hardware infrastructure to determine To-Be hardware requirements for a successful Data Center & Disaster Recovery infrastructural development: SAN, Array, Backup & recovery, Replications, Networks, Servers, Network Load Balancer, Web-presentation tier, Application tier, Database tier and Storage tier requirements are developed, accurately.
QA/QC management practices: IV&V charters, processes, procedures, policy based on Six Sigma, Lean and CMMI industry best required practice guidelines to ensure the quality of SAP, Oracle Financials, Database and Web Based Applications
Test practices: Management, Plan, Procedures, Scenarios and Cases development
Test functions: Functional, Component, Regression, Integration, Stress, Manual (Block Box) and Automated (White Box) tests are conducted using RUP and Mercury Suites to test Web Based Application, Prototypes, Porters, SAP Modules, Oracle ERP, Database and Web Based Applications
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Mgr. of Enterprise Solutions Architect
- I have managed and mentored the Global Transitions & Consolidations project team of 15 - 25 members, which are comprised of solution architects & systems engineers from infrastructures, applications/ERP and data towers.
- Guiding the project teams to perform effective discoveries of the ‘As-is’ source physical infrastructure systems (network, servers & SAN/NAS storages), so to ensure that the appropriate ‘To-be’ cloud’s models (Public, Private & Hybrid) and cloud solutions (IaaS, PaaS & SaaS) of the ‘To-be’ target environments are architected according to the clients’ requirements.
- Performing IV&V on the source ‘As-is’ systems discovery of the shared data, applications, ERP systems, and databases to ensure that the output of the discoveries is valid and can be utilized valuable inputs to develop the architect & design specifications of the target AWS VPC environments to effectively execute the systems migrations.
- Providing analytical and technical guidance to the project team to design valid ‘To-be’ systems migration solutions to the AWS cloud computing technologies (VPC Direct-Connect, Simple-AD, EC2, S3, EBS, WorkSpaces & Enterprise Application Services), so to ensure that the solutions are implemented according to the clients’ Global Transitions business requirements.
- Validating the accuracy of the AWS cloud VPC architect, configuration and test ensure that errors are prevented during the Transition phase of the projects.
- Providing methodological and technical guidance, so that projects’ deliverables and milestones are accomplished efficiently throughout the course of the Inception, Elaboration, Construction and Transition life cycles.
- Leading the solutions design and specification activities of CI-CD for infrastructures (Network, Servers and storage/backup recovery), software, data and shared systems’ migration from the source to the target environment.
- Performing IV&V tasks and activities of the CI-CD projects to ensure that errors are prevented, requirements are traceable and deliverable milestones are achieved on time within a budget.
- Managing successful migrations of critical production and core shared data systems from the source servers to on-premises data centers’ NetApp NAS, EMC Vmax, EMC’s Vblock, and Converged infrastructures.
- Managing the migration of unstructured data systems, applications, databases and ERPs from infrastructure discovery to execution phase.
- Managing, tracking and completing the data center infrastructures consolidation and decommissioning of the Global Transitions projects.
- Guiding and managing the project teams during the systems migration cut-over weekends to ensure that the migration is executed and delivered according to the plan within the budget.
- Tracking matrix project teams’ daily progress through the Agile Sprint status calls practices in a daily basis to mitigate risks, to track issues with each action/s items, so that enterprise level projects’ deliverables and milestones are accomplished, efficiently.
- Reporting and leading presentation of the progress of data center infrastructures migration phases and providing on-going status to the global transition management, regional transition management and local senior management teams.
- Facilitating and leading daily scrum based status calls with global transitional project management and local PMO teams to highlighting risks and issues related to the on-going global and reginal infrastructure systems migrations’ projects to enhance management decisions.
Confidential, New York, NY
Lead Enterprise Solutions Architect & Systems Migration’s Engineering Manager
- Managed and mentored the Systems Migration project team of 20 - 35 global team members that were consisted of the infrastructure, data & application/ERP towers.
- Provided solutions architect and engineering best practices to improve the team’s efficiency to deliver projects on time within the budget.
- Provided analytical and technical guidance to ensure projects’ artifacts are delivered efficiently - and project milestones are accomplished accordingly throughout the course of the Inception, Elaboration, Construction and Transition life cycles.
- Provided architectural guidance to the project teams to effectively design the ‘To-be’ systems migration solutions to the AWS cloud computing technologies (VPC Direct-Connect, Simple-AD, EC2, S3, EBS, WorkSpaces & Enterprise Application Services) for LAC & APAC regions to ensure the solutions are implemented according to the clients’ business requirements.
- Guided the solutions architect and engineering teams to perform the ‘As-is’ source physical infrastructure systems validations to ensure that the appropriate ‘To-be’ cloud’s models (Public, Private & Hybrid) and cloud solutions (IaaS, PaaS & SaaS) of the ‘To-be’ target environments are architected according to the clients’ requirements.
- Performed IV&V on the source ‘As-is’ systems discovery of the shared data, applications, ERP systems, and databases to ensure that the output of the discoveries is valid and can be utilized valuable inputs to develop the architect & design specifications of the target AWS VPC technologies to effectively execute the systems migrations.
- Validated the accuracy of the Hybrid Cloud (Private & Community) Cloud architect, configuration and test ensure that errors are prevented during the transition phase of the projects.
- Managed the successful migration of critical production and contingency shared data systems from the source servers to on-premises data centers’ NetApp NAS, EMC Vmax, EMC’s Vblock and Converged infrastructures.
- Managed the file shared systems migrations from the source servers to the target storages (NetApp, Vmax, VNX, VBLOCK & HP’s EVA) with no impact to business.
- Optimized data center consolidation by employing various migration strategies; such as virtualization, seed swing migration, fork-lift migration and server consolidation.
- Conceptualized the MDM & Big Data contents, structures, relationships & patterns during the Discovery phases of the “As-is” to ensure that the “To-be” solutions are valid and meet the business requirements.
- Applied data analysis methodologies: Unit of Analysis, Sampling, Causation, and Validity Measurement to specify the entities & attributes of the “To-be” data modeling and to ensure the scope specified for the overall solution is accurate.
- Architected the ‘To-be’ MDM, designing its 3rd Normalization Form to ensure the accuracy of entities & attributes, implemented Referential Integrities to prevent data redundancy of the LAC & APAC regions MDM production environment.
- Managed the migration of applications, database and ERPs from infrastructure discovery to execution phase.
- Managed, tracking and completing the data center infrastructures consolidation and decommissioning projects of over 27 countries.
- Provided engineering directions and managing the migration engineering team on the migration weekends to ensure the accuracy of migration engineering execution and mitigate implementation issues to deliver according to planned schedules.
- Applied the Agile Sprint status calls in a daily basis to track solution architect, engineering and testing teams’ issues, action items, mitigate risks to meet milestones and efficient delivery of projects.
- Tracked the progress of data center infrastructures migration phases and providing on-going status to the senior regional data center transition management team.
- Provided daily scrum based status calls with local senior management senior project management team highlighting risks and issues related to the on-going global and reginal infrastructure systems migrations’ projects to enhance management decisions.
Confidential, New York, NY
Enterprise Solution Architect - Infrastructure Engineering Manager
- Responsible for quality assurance and IV&V tasks to ensure that Confidential ’s Data Center Infrastructure projects and Case Management Application are developed according to Confidential ’s requirement specifications.
- Analyzed data contents, structures and relationship and patterns of the “As-is” to design the “To-be” data modeling.
- Architected the databases, validated the overall solutions per the requirements and planned the legacy migrations to the converged data center.
- Managed the development of logical architect and physical architects of the Data Centers and disaster recovery sites.
- Developed Work breakdown structure (WBS) and management plan for the following deliverables: requirements, analysis & design, configuration, testing (performance, functional, UAT) and deployment including process and procedures.
- Tracked project status, mitigating risks, developed troubleshooting procedures and archived resolutions for future references.
- Managed the design, configuration, test and deployment of EMC’s CLARiiON CX4, VNX, V-block 1 and HP SAN-EVA storages for the Confidential major data centers and disaster recovery site using EMC’s ECC Storage-Scope and Unisphere infrastructure resource management systems.
- Managed the design, configuration, test and deployment of EMC’s Avamar 5/6 de-duplicate backup and recovery and HP’s D2D systems for Confidential ’s data centers.
- Designed and configured EMC CLARiiON CX4, VNX, V-block 1, Virtualization and HP SAN EVA storage systems’ naming conventions specification and raw device, LUN spaces presentations, scaling and resizing of device spaces of the storage in on-going bases.
- Designed, configured and tested EMC’s Recovery-Point and Mirror-View replication technologies for the data centers.
- Provided the technical methods to the infrastructure team to architect and implement failover and replication technologies to ensure that the primary and secondary sites are replicating to the DR site.
- Tailored ITIL Service Operations’ process and procedure to configure service operations’ system (FootPrints) to support the day-to-day activities of problems, service requests and emergence related tasks. Tailored ITIL’s Service Transition process and procedures to configure Change Management standards.
- Coached and mentored infrastructure, QA and Process Engineering team members.
- Performed As-is gap analysis and developed To-be infrastructural architects of LAN, WAN, Load Balancer, Vlan, Switches, Router, SAN, Storage Array, backup & recovery and replication technologies including DNS & DHCP records.
- Developed infrastructure’s end-to-end integration test plans, functional, performance and user acceptance test procedures and plans. Managed and coordinator Infrastructure & Application Change Management activities.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Lead Solution Architect & QA/ITIL Manager
- Developed WBS and project management plan to managed Data Center Infrastructure initiatives: ITIL, SAN, HP EVA, Blade Servers implementation to improve Confidential ’s financial industry storage infrastructure.
- Developed 3 & 4 tier Data Center Infrastructure design, development and maintenance strategies using ITIL best practice methodology. Implemented QA process, procedure and carried out UAT & performance testing sessions with end users.
- Performed an assessment of Confidential ’s As-is end-to-end infrastructure’s backups and recovery system and managed the implementation of Commvault system and designed the replication solutions for the infrastructure.
- Developed Enterprise Level Architect for the implementation of EMC’s ECC system to effectively manage infrastructure resources, perform configuration & provisioning, and generate reports for senior management’s decision-making process.
- Developed a strategy that included a step by step approach to develop and implement Data Center Management, full life cycle customization/development/implementation and QA/QC management mechanism based on ITIL & CMMI industry best practices.
- Managed IV&V and QA industry best practices implementation projects of system solutions integration and data center infrastructures. ITIL v3, IV&V and QA standards were tailored and implemented for application solutions and IT infrastructure projects.
- Tailored ITIL Service Transition process and procedures to develop Change Management practices.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Infrastructure Solutions Director
- Managed and directed Data Center Infrastructures Project Managers, technical leads, QA/QC teams and ITIL team members at Confidential projects to ensure the quality of the configuration, test & implementation of the following products: HP SAN EVA, Commvault backup & recovery and Network Load Balancers.
- Provided procedures and hands on training to the infrastructure team members on HP SAN EVA StorageWroks to perform designs, configurations, tests and deployment to the respective data center sites.
- Managed and provided hands on configuration, testing and deployment techniques of EMC Avamar backup & recovery system for storage infrastructures to manage daily, weekly and monthly backup availability.
- Responsible for the development/implementation of ITIL and CMMI framework tailoring methodology.
- Provided mentorship and guidance to the infrastructure teams to ensure that the tailored life cycle methodology was implemented in a repeatable manner.
Lead Enterprise Data Architect & QA Manager
- Responsible for the overall data modeling designs & development and integrations to the SAP modules.
- Consulted Program Directors, Program Managers, Product Managers, Task Leads, & Sr. Analysts/Designers that are involved in: Data Center Infrastructure design, architect, HP SAN EVA StorageWorks, configure network LAN/WAN and HP Blade Servers Saudi Arabia. Developed QA processes, procedures and conducted infrastructure performance and UAT tests.
- Managed and mentored over 6 teams participated in configuration, testing, deployment of HP hardware systems to government sector required Primary & Secondary Data Center Infrastructures both in DC & Saudi Arabia.
- Responsibilities were to ensure that the Sr. Project Management is effective in developing and implementing ITIL best practice for infrastructures. As a result, WBS of the Project Planning and Tracking & Oversight and Risk Management methodologies were successfully implemented.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Lead Data Architect & Process Engineer
- Responsible for database analysis & design, development, test and deployment.
- Led Data Center Infrastructures development initiatives in terms design, configuration and maintenance tasks.
- Performed gap analysis on “As-Is” and proposed “To-Be” Data Center Infrastructure solutions.
- Coached team members, provided process engineering standards and documented troubleshooting procedures.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
Process Improvement Manager
- Primary responsibilities were to prepare the organization SAP Modules management, development and implementation processes across the application teams.
- Led the database architectural and development initiative, successfully.