Utilize my skills and experience as a System Administrator to advance my career as an Information System Technician.
- A highly competent and organized systems administrator with experience in software procurement, installation, administration compatibility.
- Possessing a proven ability to assist with the day to day running of an IT department and its business IT systems.
- Extensive knowledge of monitoring and controlling data security within established guidelines to ensure compliance and report on possible improvements.
- Well mannered, articulate and able to act as a point of contact for colleagues and external clients.
- Looking for a suitable systems administrator position with an exciting, innovative and ambitious company that offers room for progression.
- MS 798 Supporting Windows 95, MS 578 Network Essentials, MS 803 Administering Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, MS 922 Supporting NT 4.0 Technologies, MS 688 NT Server in the Enterprise, MS 688 TCP/IP, MS 771 Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) online from India.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) classroom in Kabul.
- CompTIA A+, in Kabul.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) is in progress.
- Server 2012, Server 2008, Server 2003, NT Server, Windows 2000 Server, Windows 10,8,7, Vista, XP, Window 2000, NT 4.0, Window 98, DOS 5/6
- Linux Redhat, Ubuntu, Linux Mint
Managed Backup Administrator
Confidential, San Antonio, Texas
- As a Backup Administrator taking the initiative on issues and probe deeper into problems to fix root causes to proactively prevent recurrence.
- Advises on best practices to ensure that customer's backup solutions are able to work in a reliable, efficient and supportable way.
- Communicating in a clear and concise manner both in written form of emails, ticket comments, and verbally; as well as internally and on the phone with customers.
- Consistent regular interaction with both internal and external customers as well as account managers and management.
- Resolve escalated customer issues and manage escalations further to internal support.
- Troubleshooting of backup and restore failures on multiple platforms with varied configurations. Perform data restorations for servers, file systems, and databases upon customer request in a calm and controlled fashion while maintaining consistent communication with the customer.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Commvault* backup applications on client servers.
- Proactively look to improve and add efficiency to current processes and exercise judgment in the decision making process in order to provide consistent FANATICAL customer service.
Desktop Support Technician | Systems Administrator
- Administered Windows 2012 domain environment for Confidential (Afghanistan Automated Biometric Identification System).
- Administered Untangle server for QOS for Confidential to filter and maximize VSAT bandwidth and increase security and efficiency.
- Implemented database deployment process for 200 BIV (Biometric Identity Verifier) to deploy to multiple border crossings.
- Installed Syncovery at multiple remote Afghan bases to automatically transfer biometric fingerprint files to the Confidential database via FTP.
- Deployed Deep Freeze across over 1500 biometric collection kits that effectively reduced maintenance by 95%.
- Implemented router based content filtering to maximize VSAT bandwidth and increase security and efficiency.
- Deployed Symantec 12.0 Corporate AV Server.
- Installed and maintained security patches on the operational and development system, which includes but is not limited to, Red Hat Linux, Windows 2003/2008, VMWare, and Oracle.
- Performed daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs. Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Performed daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data were successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks were created, and media was recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Performed Linux administration tasks including create, change, add and delete user accounts.
- Administered Linux and Windows tools to perform automated updates, which included patches to Confidential HP Data Center.
- Upgraded and configured system software that supports infrastructure applications.
- Provide Tier III/other support per requests from various constituencies. Investigated and troubleshot issues.
- Repaired and recovered hardware and software from failures. Coordinated and communicated with impacted agency.
- Maintained User Groups, group policy and Maintenance of Groups and policy.