I possess operational, technical and management expertise in a wide array of operating systems, applications, communications and client/server technologies. I possess a demonstrated and acknowledged aptitude for diplomatically solving problems as well as substantial experience with individual and group training. My success in these areas is largely attributable to the willingness and initiative to explore avenues not routinely traveled by others.
Systems Engineer, Lead
- Developed an RDS system environment exploiting various virtualization scenarios with Microsoft Hyper - V and VMware vSphere Hypervisor ESXi servers with two Operating Systems (OSs), Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise and Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter. The systems were thoroughly tested.
- Project Lead for the MC4 Virtualization IT System Prototype utilizing VMware vSphere and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) on a Storage Area Network (SAN) based environments for a complex medical system compliant with the Department of Defense (DoD) network security. Conducted a comprehensive testing of the systems.
- Assisted with the creation, development and testing of virtualized RDS and HALO system for Telemedicine and Advanced Technology Research Center (TATRC) events.
- Assisted with the development and testing of the virtualized RDS and HALO system for a timely system delivery and successful demonstration at the C4ISR Ground Activity (CGA) Army Exercise (E-16)-(E-15).
- Control and management of Digital Certificates utilized in the systems’ developed.
- Provided design and technical documentation for intricate systems.
- Created various presentations on the systems under development.
- Developed and implemented test strategies and documentation of test results.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, systems and equipment functionality.
- Worked closely with other engineering disciplines to define new systems and review design solutions to improve systems performance.
- Participated in the creation of internal training for VMware vSphere and The Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF).
- As part of Research and Development (R&D), surveyed and studied other products including Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) which is part of Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP) for application virtualization, Remote Apps, communication services between continents via Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT), and other services in support of MC4.
- Integral member of the Server Support Team (SST) for the Joint Medical Logistics Functional Development Center (JMLFDC) for the Air Force, Army, Navy and Marine Corps.
- Supported the in-house design, development, testing, deployment and administration of the DoD standard medical logistics system 160+ servers’ environment.
- Deployment and maintenance of Windows systems and applications software, including Oracle and related technologies, in multiple clusters worldwide.
- Staging servers, loading necessary software, databases, data patches, add/remove hardware as necessary, apply incremental software builds, troubleshoot issues, and maintain documentation.
- Developed and built a virtual server environment utilizing VMware ESX and ESXi with vCenter - vSphere.
- Integral member working with the Senior Technical Support personnel for the certification and accreditation of the JMLFDC Computer Room (C&A) (DITSCAP/DIACAP).
- Retained as part of the Data Center Team to solve problems in a computing and networking environment.
- Detected, diagnosed and resolved network failures. Managed Symantec Veritas Backup Exec, the Norton AntiVirus solution, and Disaster Recovery.
- Managed HP Systems Insight Manager for all servers and resolved any reported errors.
- Utilized Patch Management Services from Confidential Configuration Management for monthly patching of servers.
Network and Infrastructure Manager
- Retained to manage the network and infrastructure for Confidential Corporation and Confidential Commercial Data.
- Coordinated internal support resources.
- Management and coordination of the production, test and development environments, databases, voice system, surveillance system, application servers, firewalls, routers, switches, and security in accordance with the Payment Card Industry - Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) requirements, redundancy, and collocation.
- Leading and training the Help Desk department team.
- Leading and managing projects to completion, and managing consultants.
- Management and coordination of all vendors’ relationship.
- Providing recommendations and advice for capacity planning, business continuity and security needs.
ConfidentialNetwork and Infrastructure Manager
- Retained to provide server’s hardware and software installation, configuration and provisioning on a national and international level to Confidential operational units.
- Quality Assurance of Servers to ensured compliance with systems specification of the Network Center.
- Prepared documentation, standards, policies and procedures for as installed equipment.
- Helped the Operations Command Center with multi-tier technical support in diagnosing and troubleshooting systems level problems to meet or exceed Service Level Agreements to proactively managing the Confidential Enterprise Network.
Manager, Information Technology Systems and Services
- Responsible for the corporate network providing technology leadership and supporting four divisions with offices throughout the USA and internationally, reporting directly to the Corporate Executive Vice President.
- Developed, designed and implemented network improvements, including infrastructure, replacement and update of servers, virtual servers, clusters, firewalls, proxy, secure access appliances, switches and routers.
- Managed a team to provide local and national help desk user support services.
- Defined and implemented IT policies, procedures, standards, and best practices.
- Created short and long-term strategic IT planning. Hiring and mentoring IT employees and managing outside consultants. Negotiating and managing third party vendors’ agreements.
- Developed and delivered required inventory, maintenance and management reports; including budgeting. Developed and oversight of IT required projects.
- Jorgensen, was a professional engineering organization with over 300 employees, joint ventures firms and associated consultants worldwide. Some major clients included: Toyota Motor Sales USA; the State of Florida Department of Transportation ( Confidential ) highways and toll roads, and other State and local projects.
- All clients were supported in whole or in part by network services from Corporate Headquarters, consisting of Deltek Advantage Accounting System; Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) based on Siebel; EMail System, based on Microsoft Windows Exchange/Outlook and Microsoft Windows data, print sharing system, Active Directory (AD), DNS, DHCP; Virtual Systems (VMware ESX); Mobile; Backup and Recovery; Citrix XP and MetaFrame, with Tricerat; NetApp NAS; SQL Server; SharePoint; Security Systems; Extranet; Web sites; Firewall and routers (Juniper, Cisco, HP) in support of Jorgensen and clients users.
ConfidentialNetwork and Infrastructure Manager
- Retained to review, audit, and evaluate 1,800 software applications for consolidation, licensing, and upgrade cost issues.
- Provided assistance with the company wide MS Windows 2000 Server, AD and XP upgrade effort for 8,300+ workstations.
- Supporting 120 Access databases move/conversion from Access 97 to XP (2002) version.
- Handled LANDesk custom queries, and updated database software information.
- Created and presented complicated weekly migration status repots to diverse recipients.
- Retained to conduct an extensive Microsoft Software Products License Agreement Study for the SEC, which I personally presented to management, including the CIO, Directors, and others.
- The recommendations made in my study were approved and implemented, resulting in a cost saving to the SEC of over four million dollars.