- Cisco Network Engineer with experience designing, implementing and supporting enterprise networks
- Extensive experience managing server infrastructures and data - center operations across multiple platforms
- Extensive experience with Active Directory, Domain Name System and Microsoft Exchange
- Proven ability to work at client sites to facilitate project implementation, support and
Network Hardware: Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches & Linksys Wireless Access Points
Network Technologies: Cacti, NetBrain, Citrix, Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP), Kaseya
Operating Systems & Desktop Applications: MS Windows 98 Server, Windows 7, MS Office Suite& Visio
Programming Language: Python & SQL
Data Management, Business Intelligence & Analytics: Tableau Public & Minitab
- Increased IT efficiency and effectiveness by analyzing business needs & recommending solutions such as the shared services system
- Administer LAN/WAN networks, provide remote support assistance and management
- Network device installation, third party software and vendor relationship management
- Provide network monitoring, support for clients network infrastructure
- Responsible for the installation, configuration and administration of Windows Servers 2003/2008, Active Directory, FTP, DNS, DHCP under various LAN and WAN environments.
- Developed long-term strategies and capacity planning to meet future network and computer hardware needs.
- Performed testing and coordinated roll out of new hardware systems and software
- Participated in conducting proof of concept (PoC) solution such as the cloud access point system
- Redirection of IT expenditures from non-strategic projects to strategic ones which resulted in saving over $40,000 for IT Projects
- Conducted clients consultations for LAN/WAN hardware & software including networks and servers
- Responsible for administration of a network comprised of 100 workstations
- Analyzed expanding network & implemented wireless communication for improved network connectivity
- Resolved & escalated hardware and software issues related to LAN/WAN including access points
- Provided system administration support to Windows systems including server and workstation upgrades, backup and disaster recovery monitoring, user account setup and security administration.
- Helpdesk support, hardware and software inventory
- Performed regular system backups and recovery procedures, closely following SOPs to ensure system security.
- Liaised with IT Manager to establish requirements for new systems, upgrade and modifications for improved clients services and satisfaction
- Worked in a team of 4 on a $250,000 WAN connectivity project
- Actively involved throughout the project life cycle, from the bidding phase through to solution design and implementation
- Prepared and maintained weekly project status reports which provided a control technique to monitor and measure work being performed by the project team.
- Worked in a team of 8 to provide first-level helpdesk support for over 600 workstation hardware, printers and related peripheral equipment in 6 Campuses
- Prepared and managed project financial reports, including work-in-progress reports. This offered guidance (to senior leadership) to keep the projects on track budget-wise and adjust for any for any unforeseen factors that may impact on the project financially
- Reduced the number of IT issues by providing PC maintenance including systems upgrades & troubleshooting