- Solutions - driven professional with solid technical expertise and proven success supporting performance-driven outcomes.
- Talent for identifying and isolating security issues; adept at translating complex requirements into viable solutions.
- Exceptional communicator; able to handle multiple tasks effectively while fostering relationships supporting organizational objectives.
- Perform systematic review of servers, host systems, and network components; respond and resolve technical questions and issues; and ensure data and system security from cyber-attacks.
Hardware & Platforms: Windows, Macintosh, PC hardware, Internal/External Storage Devices
Software: Microsoft Office Suite, PBS Pro, Slurm, Symantec Antivirus, IE Explorer, Mozilla Firefox
Languages & Scripting: bash, MS-DOS, C, C++
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP, MS-DOS
- Create and optimize Linux shell scripts, using Bash, for the purpose of identifying and diagnosing system malfunctions; troubleshoot and resolve server and network interruptions and error conditions.
- Use CA Spectrum and Liebert SiteScan to monitor status and operating conditions, such as temperature and humidity, of servers and networking hardware.
- Perform periodic system backups; degauss and securely dispose of obsolete hard drives, tapes, and other media.
- Provide technical assistance to end users as needed.
- Provide occasional assistance with desktop operating system installation, updates, and reimaging as needed.
- Physically secure server rooms and other classified environments per internal operating procedures.
- Process job reservations through PBS Pro.