- Experience in various Azure Services like Compute (Web Roles, Worker Roles), Caching, SQL Azure, NoSQL, Storage and Network Services, Azure Active Directory, Internet of Things (IoT), Azure Monitoring, API Management, Scheduling, Autoscaling, Azure Identity & Access Management, Data Factory, PowerShell Automation and other Azure Services.
- Experience in provisioning of IaaS, PaaS Virtual Machines and Web, Worker roles on Microsoft AZURE Classic and Azure Resource Manager (ARM), Deployed Web applications on Azure using PowerShell Workflow.
- Troubleshoot Azure related issues and engage internal teams and vendor for issue resolutions.
- Good understanding of Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) Architecture (Diego Architecture), PCF components and their functionalities and experienced in using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) CLI for deploying applications and other Cloud Foundry (CF) management activities.
- Involved in designing and deploying a multitude application utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, CloudWatch, Route53, RDS, Dynamo DB, Autoscaling, Security Groups, RedShift, CloudFormation, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high - availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Responsible for configuring and maintaining Amazon AWS IAM Service: IAM Policies, Roles, Users, Groups, AWS Access Keys and MFA.
- Experience in using Kubernetes as an open source platform for automating deployment, scaling and operations of applications containers across clusters of hosts, providing container centric infrastructure.
- Experience in Implementation of Docker and Various Docker Orchestration tools such as docker-compose, docker-swarm, docker trusted registry (DTR) and universal control plane (UCP).
- Orchestrated Docker containers using Docker Swarm, Docker Compose, Docker Hub, Docker Weave.
- Worked on Docker service rolling updated, “BLUE GREEN DEPLOYMENT” to implement zero downtime PROD deployments.
- Strong knowledge on Ansible Roles, inventory, Ansible Tower, Ansible Galaxy concepts and used Ansible Control Server to deploy plays and playbooks to the machines and systems in the inventory.
- Worked on integrating Ansible Tower with cloud environment, provided role based access control, setup job monitoring, email notifications, scheduled jobs, multi-playbook workflow to chain playbooks.
- Proficient in implementing Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers and reused modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instance.
- Experience in using Puppet to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, proactively manage, change and create custom Puppet module skeletons.
- Experience in Automation framework, Build, Release and Integration in design and Implementation of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment.
- Experience in Implementation of Master/Slave architecture, Installed Plugins, created project jobs and configured jobs in Jenkins.
- Implemented ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana) for Log indexing.
- Experience in Bitbucket Administration in creating repositories, configuring popular plugins.
- Configured SonarQube code quality tool and integrated it with Jenkins and Implemented SonarQube to analyze code quality code quality metrics, to verify the coding standards and setup quality gates to allow/fail builds as per requirement.
- Responsible for pom, Unit test cases, Sonar dashboard for Selenium Test cases for all the micro services and worked on the ms’s logs and sonar dashboard monitor for all the existing micro-services.
- Hands-on experience with Source Controller tools such as Subversion (SVN), Git and IBM ClearCase.
- Experience in automating the processes with Build Management Tools such as ANT, Maven, Gradle and MS Build.
- Expertise in Installing, Configuring, Managing the monitoring tools such as Splunk, NewRelic and Nagios for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/ Log Trace Monitoring.
- Ability to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using scripting languages such as Groovy, Shell, Python and Ruby.
- Expert in JIRA Administration and Maintenance, including creating projects, workflow schemas, user authorizations, backup and Restoration.
- Worked on web servers and application servers like Web logic, Tomcat, Web sphere, JBOSS to deploy code.
- High exposure to REMEDY and JIRA tracking tools for tracking defects and changes for Change Management.
- Working experience on Automation Testing frameworks like Selenium, Katalon Studio.
- Experience in installing, configuring, supporting and troubleshooting Unix/Linux Networking services and protocols like NIS, NIS+, OSPF, LDAP, DNS, NFS, DHCP, NAS, FTP, SSH and SAMBA.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
Cloud: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, PCF. OpenStack
Container/ Orchestration Tools: Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift
CM & Deployment Tools: Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Terraform.
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Build Forge, Bamboo, TFS, VSTS.
Build Tools: Maven, Ant, Gradle, InstallShield, MS Build.
Repositories: Artifactory, Nexus.
Monitoring Tools: JIRA, SonarQube, Splunk, Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK)
Version Control: GIT, Subversion, CVS, Clear Case, Bitbucket
Programming/ Scripting Languages: Shell, Python, Ruby, Groovy, Bash, YAML, JSON, XML, PowerShell.
Web/Application Servers: Tomcat, Web logic, Web Sphere.
Database: SQL Server, No-SQL Database, My SQL, DB2
Operating Systems: Windows, LINUX, RHEL, MAC.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Worked on Microsoft Azure (Public) Cloud to provide IaaS support to client. Set up Automation to create Virtual Machines through Power Shell Script and Azure Portal, Created and managed Storage Account and Affinity Group in Azure Portal.
- Configured Site to Site VPN Connectivity. Configured Window Failover Cluster by creating Quorum for File sharing in Azure Cloud.
- Designed AZURE Resource Manager (ARM) templates and custom build steps using PowerShell. Identified and logged defects in VSTS and interacted with developers to prioritize the issues.
- Defined resources and specified deployment parameters to Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates to create resource group of virtual machines.
- Converted existing Virtual Machine from Standard to Premium Storage Account. Involved in Patching and Validating of Virtual Machine in Azure.
- Created and configured HTTP Triggers in the Azure Functions with Application Insights for monitoring and performing load testing on the applications using the VSTS.
- Involved on migrating SQL Server databases to SQL Azure database using SQL Azure Migration Wizard and used Python API to upload agent logs into Azure blob storage. Migrating an On-premise Virtual machine to Azure Resource Manager Subscription with Azure Site Recovery.
- Designed and Implemented Firewall appliances in Azure and configure the same for IDS/IPS and to establish VPN connections and worked on Permission Management OS - Security Enhanced Linux, Windows File ACLs.
- Implemented Micro-services using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) platform build upon Spring Boot Services and created workflows on TeamCity for setting up automated pipelines for CI/CD with PCF.
- Advised Open source Kubernetes and Docker projects and design discussions in the Cloud Native Computing Foundation.
- Created and troubleshooted Kubernetes YAML files to deploy SCM CI/CD applications automatically and Idempotently to reduce time costs and used Kubernetes to deploy, load balance, scale and manage docker containers with multiple name-spaced versions.
- Deployed Kubernetes templates for various applications like Cassandra, Grafana, Kafka and setting up Kubernetes Clusters for running microservices and pushed microservices into production with Kubernetes backed Infrastructure.
- Monitor Azure Infrastructure through System Center Operation Manager (SCOM). Coordinating with Microsoft for increasing subscription limit like- Core limit and Cloud Services. Handled and Resolved Client's Issues remotely.
- Used Team foundation server (TFS) for maintaining source and documentation control and Created automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins along with Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Installed Jenkins plugins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Ant and Maven Repository Nexus, Artifactory and Deployed Apps using custom ruby modules through Puppet as a CI/CD process.
- Worked on Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment. Configure the servers, deploy software, and orchestrate continuous deployments or zero downtime rolling updates.
- Implemented Ansible Tower for managing complex network deployments by adding control, knowledge and delegation to Ansible powered environments.
- Created Ansible roles in YAML and defined tasks, variables, files, handlers and templates. Created inventory and configured the Ansible files for parallel deployment in Ansible for automating the Continuous delivery process.
- Used Bitbucket Server for secure, fast, enterprise-grade controls, like fine-grained permissions. Contributions to various other open source projects on Bitbucket.
- Worked on Continuous Integration (CI) pipeline consisting of GitHub, Kubernetes, and Jenkins, Maven in order to support test, configure and deliver the Application.
- Involved in Jira as defect tracking system and configure various workflow, customizations and plug-ins for Jira bug/issue tracker.
- Deployed Splunk forwarders, indexers and search heads to monitor, analyze and visualize the azure VM’s on the Splunk dashboard that helps in increasing the cluster performance.
- Worked on PowerShell scripts to automate the Azure Cloud system in creation of Resource groups, Web Applications, Azure Storage Blobs & Tables, firewall rules.
- Worked on NoSQL database MongoDB to replica setup and sharing. Also experience in managing replica set.
- Installed, configured and Administered of all UNIX/LINUX servers on Azure, includes the design and selection of relevant hardware to support the installation/upgrades of Ubuntu, CentOS.
Environment: AZURE CLOUD, Azure AD, Azure SQL, Azure Network, PCF, PowerShell, Kubernetes, Docker Puppet, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Bitbucket, GitHub, Nexus, Cassandra, Grafana, Kafka, Python, Jira, Splunk, MongoDB Linux.Confidential, Louisville, KY
- Worked with various teams to Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Involved in supporting cloud instances running Linux and Windows on AWS, experience with Elastic IP, Security Groups and Virtual Private Cloud in AWS.
- Used Bootstrap Script for launching large number of instances in AWS and utilized AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Experience in changing over existing AWS infrastructure to Serverless architecture (AWS Lambda,) through the creation of a Serverless Architecture using Lambda, API gateway, Route53, S3 buckets.
- Used Ansible for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)and designed AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Handled setting up Docker Host, Docker Registry, RHEL/ Centos Atomic Host, Docker images (Centos, RHEL and Ubuntu instances). Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been core to this experience, along with Kubernetes. Used Kubernetes and deployed spring boot applications.
- Provisioned Chef server onto AWS via OpsWork and this stack handles chef operations, backups, restorations and software upgrades.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery pipeline. This primarily consists of a Jenkins and Vagrant for the infrastructure to run these packages and various supporting software components such as Maven, etc.
- Experience in creation and deployment of a tool to automate branch and project creation in GIT using Groovy in Jenkinsfile and automating with Chef and Ansible.
- Automated app and server deployments with Chef also wrote custom chef cookbooks to deploy Log stash and Graphite. Utilized Kitchen and Docker for testing of cookbooks.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers and reused modified same Chef recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Used Ansible jinja2 templating engine and accessed variables, setup filters for data formatting tests to evaluate expressions and lookups.
- Automated the cloud deployment using Chef and AWS cloud formation. Used Chef for unattended bootstrapping in AWS.
- As part of continuously delivering Agile team, develop, test and deploy Data platform features Develop outgoing test automation using Chef, python based framework using Ansible to setup/ teardown of ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana).
- Used Ruby and Python, to automate provision by Ansible and Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMIs and scheduling Lambda functions for routine OpenStack tasks.
- Provisioned EC2 instances using Terraform and Cloud Formation, wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform.
- Implemented Jenkins Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS and used to automate the build process and deploy the application to Tomcat server.
- Developed and maintained the continuous integration and deployment systems using Jenkins, Maven, JBoss and Jfrog Artifactory.
- Deployed Java applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process. Build scripts using MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Integrated JIRA with Atlassian Confluence and Ansible and performed acceptance testing, if the software is good, archiving the files into ClearCase and informing the software testing department.
- Set CRON jobs to download daily backups of critical services to on-premise using AWSCLI. Used AWS API Gateway to make RESTFUL API call to Dynamo DB.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud watch and Route 53, Lambda), OpenStack, GIT, Maven, ANT, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Splunk, JIRA, Unix/Linux, Shell scripting, Ruby, Python, Groovy, Jira, Confluence, Clearcase.
- Planned, deployed, monitored and maintained Amazon AWS Cloud Infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes and VMWare VM’s as required in the environment.
- Leverage configuration management tools like Puppet and Jenkins for automation of install, build and release deployments in on premise environments.
- Maintained multiple modules in Puppet by converting production support scripts to Puppet Manifests to automate the configurations in server.
- Worked on Puppet Enterprise in writing and deploying manifests on to various distributions of Linux Servers.
- Developed automation in Python using Puppet to deploy and manage applications across Linux Servers and Created Puppet modules to provision Apache webservers, Tomcat Servers, MySQL database servers, SSH server on different distributions, module for mounting a disk on to the agent by using mount resource type.
- Experienced in the Upstream and Downstream tasks in Bamboo and integrated with Maven.
- Integrated Maven with Bitbucket to deploy project related tags and Troubleshoot the issues raised by Developers while merging/rebase their code.
- Automated the build process using Maven scripting on request basis and updated Maven build configurations and created integration tests and performance tests
- Download and maintain the required dependencies via Nexus repository.
- Designed and coded in ANT and have done automated builds in different servers like Apache Webserver and Web Application Server in Bamboo with Agile methodology.
- Converted and automated builds using ANT. Scheduled automated nightly builds using Bamboo.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios for Resource Monitoring, Network Monitoring and Log Trace Monitoring.
- Managed and Tracked all enhancements and bugs in JIRA with visualizations to analyze the performance of projects.
- Maintained and published the release documents to know the items proposed in a specific release in Confluence.
- Automated some of the daily tasks using Python scripting and maintained code quality by publishing code to SonarQube.
- Deployed Application in Apache Tomcat application server in different environments like PROD, UAT.
- Participated in release meetings to finalize release with developers/ QA/ Project Management and discuss backup plans.
Environment: AWS, Puppet, Jenkins, Bamboo, Bitbucket, ANT, Maven, Nexus, Splunk, Nagios, JIRA, Confluence Python, SonarQube, Linux, MySQL Server, Apache Tomcat.
SCM/Build & Release Engineer
- Setting up the new build environment for various applications in Windows/Linux environment.
- Implemented the Release practice and responsible for pushing builds into SYS / UAT /Pre-Production/ Production.
- Designed and managed Build and Release cycle activities in Agile Methodologies. Developed build and deployment processes for pre-production environments. Managed Sonatype Nexus an enterprise-level package management server.
- Experience in configuration management and release engineering for multiple projects and multiple-branches environment.
- Converted old builds using MAKE to ANT and XML for doing Java build. And developed build and deployment scripts using ANT as build tool in to move from one environment to other environments.
- Delivered builds in timely manner. In case of issues, trying to resolve them within proper time or notify concerned person about the issue.
- Installed, configured and maintained DB server, LAMP server and file sharing servers like Samba, NFS, FTP and Web Sphere & Web Logic Application Servers.
- Administration/ Maintenance experience of source control management systems, such as CVS and GIT.
- Administration of Subversion tool includes creating branches, tagging, access permissions and setting up hooks.
- Handled multiple builds from Development team, create build and perform deployment activities and automated Build related tasks using Shell scripting.
- Maintained various source code branches and scheduling builds from those branches as and when required.
- Worked with different tools for monitoring the health checkups using Nagios, Searching and Reporting with Splunk.
- Installed, upgraded and configured Linux servers using Kickstart as well as manual installations and the recovery of root password.
- Integrated ANT with Shell scripts created in Bash to automate the deployments for the Java-based applications.
- Provide administration and maintenance for daily operations of information systems that support critical applications to servers. Systems support includes openSUSE, LVM, Ubuntu. Utilized LVM and Software Raid to manage disks and file systems.
- Installed, configured, and maintained Enterprise Redhat, Ubuntu Linux and Windows servers. Tasked with name services DNS, NIS, LDAP, and client/server computing.
- Utilized Redhat Linux 5.2 OS, trained in Redhat Linux 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, Red Hat Directory Server 8 and ensured the availability, security and functionality of systems.
- Utilized Shells for scripting changes and improvements. Installed and maintained Red Hat 5.2 Linux and installed Ubuntu 10.0 Linux. Installed Operating Systems using Kickstart.
- Installed and configured Kickstart, DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers on Linux servers.
- Installed, configured Enterprise Apache Server.
- Handling CISCO network Devices Configured and Implementing Firewall (iptables) on Linux machine.
- Manages Patches configuration, version control, service pack and reviews connectivity issues regarding security problem and did network management TCP/IP, NIS, DNS, NFS, VLAN.
- Monitoring health of infrastructure servers and mission-critical using Nagios XI.
- Remote monitoring through web interface
- Installation and configuration of LAMP server
- Taking backup of MySQL database.
- Database creation using DBCA and manual methods. Table space management, undo tablespace, temp tablespace.
- Rename/relocate data files, control files and redo log files.
- Controlling user operations using user management, profile management, Creating and managing DBLINK, Materialized view.
- Uploading text data into oracle using SQL loader and Deletion of old logs related to database to make File system size under threshold.
- Restoration of tablespace, data files using backup and Clearing pending transactions as per the application team requirement.
- Implementing table level partitioning to improve performance and Creating materialized views with complete/fast/full refreshing techniques.
- Taking Hot backup and cold backup.
- Logical Backup of Databases using EXP/ IMP Utility and EXPDP and IMPDP.